It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second Amendment and the Right to Bear Drones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

The day that robot armies become more cost-effective than human infantry is the day when People Power becomes obsolete. With robot armies, the few will be able to do whatever they want to the many. And unlike the tyrannies of Stalin and Mao, robot-enforced tyranny will be robust to shifts in popular opinion. The rabble may think whatever they please, but the Robot Lords will have the guns.

Forever.

The Second Amendment and the Right to Bear Drones

Basically this article outlines the fact that if we allow the controlling elite to outlaw drone technology or curtail civilian development in this technology sector we open ourselves to becoming powerless against an elite backed robot army exterminating the now useless eater/breeders. In other words worry not about the AI control of robot armies, instead worry about robot armies under the control of the world finance elite.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Never surrender to a soulless machine

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

My concern is that people in the US seem more than willing to give up their right to their own self defense in keeping the use of firearms. As clear cut as important as that right is Americans in large numbers want only the police and military to be allowed the use of firearms. With this material blindness to an obvious right of human survival absent in so many people how likely are the American people to fight to keep the right to build and deploy robotic defense technologies for personal defense? Not freaking likely I think.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I prefer old fashioned firepower.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Don't we all. The autonomous quad copter drone squadron will be more than a match for automatic shotgun weilding militiamen I am afraid.

www.bluebird-electric.net... n_Naval_Battleships.htm

edit on 03am2015-03-21T01:38:00-05:0001383America/Chicago38331 by machineintelligence because: spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
drones are not going anywhere. If they ban them the black market will just rev up. its just a matter of time before drone will be disguised either with cloaking devices or made to look like birds. heck, I am sure someone could make one look like a balloon eventually. its going to get to the point where you dont know what the heck is flying around up there.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Firearms will still work perfectly well following an EMP burst that has hit a country... The great equalizer.

Just sayin'
edit on 21-3-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Firearms will still work perfectly well following an EMP burst that has hit a country... The great equalizer.

Just sayin'

And if there is no EMP bust?

If the government had most there equipment shielded?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

I prefer old fashioned firepower.

In any revolution you will be the first to die at the hand of a government drone strike then

This aint 1776 anymore. Open battles and gun fights will get you killed.

If you turn on your government you will have to take a page out of the book of the Taliban and other guerrilla fighters.
edit on 21-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It really makes you think twice about the question of whether the second amendment should give people the right to carry rocket launchers, no?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

It really makes you think twice about the question of whether the second amendment should give people the right to carry rocket launchers, no?

Yes.

If that is what it was meant for.

But at the end of the day legally owned guns and rocket launchers will be the first to go in a uprising.

The fool who has legally stockpiled 200 AR-15;s and a million rounds of Ammo will be the first to have Mr Drone come and rain misses down on him.

Its the illegal and unregulated guns and weapons that will be the most use. Soon as uprising begins its a guaranteed certainty that weapons from hand guns to RPG and MANPADS willl come flooding in via organized criminals wanting in on the profits or Foreign powers with a grudge against the US government wanting to see its people overthrow it.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I just mean that even second amendment advocates have traditionally stopped shy of insisting that heavy weapons be available to the public.

These sorts of developments challenge that logic directly.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

HELL NO!
We can handle the issue JUST fine ,airforce bases have cops that aren't all SWAT teams it wouldn't be hard to overrun then and kill the drone command,NOT TO Mention ,HOW many drone pilots would give up an American future? ALL the nifty freedoms we now have for what? Some Hitler retread ?
THAT is the downfall of any government attack on us,WE DON'T LIKE BEAUROCRACIES here we HATE them,why in the hell would we BACK the same people who make our lives MISERABLE?
There are WAY too many people scattered over a larger area than lil ol ENGLAND . if they can't kill or control us all fast ,it's over.
edit on 21-3-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I can see that happening. The Russians for sure and the Chinese probably. The Venezuelans, the Iranians, and likely some Arabs and even the Irish would be sending weapons to fuel an American revolution. This is why we need drones, lots of civilian drones.

edit on 03am2015-03-21T09:14:36-05:0009143America/Chicago14331 by machineintelligence because: Syntax challanges

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

HELL NO!
We can handle the issue JUST fine ,airforce bases have cops that aren't all SWAT teams it wouldn't be hard to overrun then and kill the drone command,NOT TO Mention ,HOW many drone pilots would give up an American future? ALL the nifty freedoms we now have for what? Some Hitler retread ?
THAT is the downfall of any government attack on us,WE DON'T LIKE BEAUROCRACIES here we HATE them,why in the hell would we BACK the same people who make our lives MISERABLE?
There are WAY too many people scattered over a larger area than lil ol ENGLAND . if they can't kill or control us all fast ,it's over.

I think this was for someone else?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

My government will kill me with a firearm in my hand then. I've lead a good life.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

EMP shielding typically requires the shield to have a solid earth ground to work.

Sounds waves, directional EMP burst or just WiFI interruption will work against drones.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Sorry.
To Who'm it may concern...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

If you turn on your government you will have to take a page out of the book of the Taliban and other guerrilla fighters.

Sad but true, one man's terrorist is anothers freedom fighter.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

" My concern is that people in the US seem more than willing to give up their right to their own self defense in keeping the use of firearms. As clear cut as important as that right is Americans in large numbers want only the police and military to be allowed the use of firearms. "

That is an Absolutely Ridiculous Statement . There are Close to a Hundred Million Gun Owners in the U.S. currently that have No Intention of becoming Defenseless against a Possible Tyrannical Federal Government . The 2nd Amendment guarantees the Right to Bear Arms for Self Defense Regardless of what those currently in Power might think otherwise . Drone Technology is just another Weapon to be utilized eventually by all Citizens for Self Defense if need be .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join