It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are who Your Friends Are

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It's a well known expression...You are who Your Friends Are. In politics who you sit beside matters. Who's hand you shake matters. Even the order of walking into rooms is pre-determined and negotiated.

www.relevantmagazine.com...

So what does the news that Kim Jong-un is travelling to Moscow in May tell us about his new friend, Vladimir Putin?

www.erietvnews.com...

Ok, that's not the real Kim, that's the great actor Randall Park who made me laugh like crazy from 'The Interview'. I'd party with him anytime! Here's the real Kim...

This guy I wouldn't party with. It's hard to understate the human rights atrocities North Korea has committed.

www.thenewstribune.com...

www.dailynk.com...

Let's just say Kim Jong-un hasn't improved the system of government he was handed from his dad that his grandfather built. In fact, that system was modeled on the old Soviet system that was dismantled many years ago now. So young Kim is returning to his roots in a way.

So what does it say about Vladimir Putin making a new friend out of Kim Jong-un and inviting him to Moscow for his first international visit?

mashable.com...

edit on 20-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

A totalitarian dictatorship here, a totalitarian quasi-democracy there. Another saying comes to mind " birds of the same feather flock together".

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

And what does it say about American Politicians travelling to the Ukraine and having a leading Ukrainian Nazi visiting ?

And there`s the Saudis of course and we had Saddam Hussein.
edit on 20 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I believe it shows more desperation on the part of Mr. Putin to reach out and find someone to help prop up his flimsly situation at the moment. It will also provide someone to use and to distract the attention away from the action within Ukraine. If China would not touch the "Little Boy" then that should be very telling. It will also not endear Mr. Putin to the Dragon by attempting to muddy the waters so close to their home.

The "Little Boy" is about as stable as liquid nitro and Putin has already been playing with fire so wait for the explosion if and when it goes wrong and it will, It will seem like a dream for awhile just like Mr. Putin's deal with the devil in the Chechen region until recently.

The situation for Mr. Putin is unraveling and he knows it. The Russian people like him but are as tired of war and strife as the people in the US and do not support boots on the ground in the Ukraine. Mr. Putin's friends in the Chechen region are tired of waiting for their reward and want the power promised and soon. The people at home are already seeing the effects of sanctions and do not wish a return back to the way things use to be so he needs this distraction but what do either have to offer the other ? Not much and unstable is just that unstable so lets wait and see.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
It will also not endear Mr. Putin to the Dragon by attempting to muddy the waters so close to their home.

Excellent point! What are the Chinese to think about Putin undermining their control over N. Korea? I don't think they'll be worried at this point, another country to help N. Korea a bit would ease the pressure on them, but I'm sure they don't want Putin and Kim hitting it off too well.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Don't forget that China recently agreed to new sanctions against North Korea so there is and has been change. They have not been very good at enforcing the sanctions but any deal with Russia will earn them a frowny face from Big Brother. Its a shaky situation for sure but one China will be watching closely for sure.

www.csmonitor.com...

I really do not see what Putin has to offer and Little Boy has nothing so just a way for Putin to distract and for little boy to get some much needed attention especially during the Korea exercises which he really hates...but something to watch for sure...Putin is not stupid and knows he cannot offer much without violating UN sanctions and the ire of the dragon so he will tread carefully

new topics

top topics

join