It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power Behind Governments: Who REALLY Rules The World?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I've heard it said that governmental figures aren't really the ones with power, but that there are hidden rulers behind those we THINK are ruling the world.

I've heard stories of groups of the "secret elite", and that governments are mere faces to mask those with real power and influence.

Do you agree, and if so, who might the true powers/authorities in this world be? I'd love to know your theories and ideas.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AlmostRosey

Money = power

Those who hold the most are the ones in charge.

They can buy legislation, send us off to foreign countries to die, overthrow elected officials, and even insert their own.

Hint: Rothschilds, Soros, Koch, Buffet, etc

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I would say from my own perspective.....that the spiritual powers are the real rulers of the earth. " For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" Eph 6:12. That must be the level of our focus.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The answer was maybe different in the last centuries, but today it's obviously banks and large corporations.

It's obvious how governments act in their interests if you follow the news a bit. All because of intense lobbying.

There is no secret cabal ruling the world. It's a convenient myth to put the responsibility of this mess on people who don't exist.

The reality is that financial companies and large corps are responsible for the current mess.
edit on 20-3-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

have heard david icke mention the rothschild family many many times in respect to this ... goldman sachs being one of their many pawns etc ... apparently

ETA - even if we dont agree with davids end conclusions, as to what is really going on .. am sure hes hit the nail on the head many times with all the loose ends he ties up along the way .... so even if we dont believe the royals, and bankers etc are human eating reptilian aliens for example.. we can still take on board much of what david does have to say ... with regards to their many evil wrong doings that he brings to light
edit on 20-3-2015 by Segenam because: editing is a great way to pass the time ...

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

In the years i've been visiting this and other similar sites I have learned that there is a higher level of government than government and that the people we elect to be the servant government rule the masses for the few.

If we were government of the people by the people:

would we permit the growing chasm between the haves and the have nots to continue to grow?

would we permit the power of corporations to continue to grow and threaten we the people?

would we permit welfare payments to be taken away from individuals and given to corporations?

would we permit the food we eat to polluted with liquid cancer?

i could go on

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I dont really know but either way, we got idiots as our leaders around the world that for shure. Its kinda hard to believe that we would really direct our lifes and future like this, it just seems so unrealistic.. Makes me doubt the reality all together sometimes, yeah i`ve got some issues.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

Ugh..
Unfortunately you have a few good points..

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I have a feeling it's way beyond anything you've mentioned
in your OP. At the very least, the real power, only needs to
speak. And it is done. They are mentioned all thru scripture,
but they hate God. Not the kind of hate an atheist would
endeavor. But the kind of hate one has for someone they
know exists. They make war on God and thier agenda, is
to trick the world into joining in the final battle of that war.
That's why the Politicians can easily understand what we think
they should do and can even promise it. But they will never
follow thru because there is a different agenda that will not
be revealed.

Hey you asked!

edit on Ram32015v482015u00 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Its worth looking to the time of Cecil Rhodes and the british empire's relationship with Rothschilds - the power behind the throne). That cartel including rockerfeller etc Rhodes unfortunately empowered to such an extent that from then on that cartel of bankers have been able to dictate what any government could do simply by providing the money or withholding it. They must have the most blood on their hands of any of humanity - and that's if they have any humanity left.

Charity donations are merely a way of off setting tax.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
As someone said earlier, throughout history it's been different groups controlling governments. Go back to Rome went from a republic to a kingdom scenario and back a few times, people power was very strong.
Get into the medieval times and lords, dukes, etc were the major influences, land and dominance over regions seemed to be the main influence on how a king would rule their kingdom.
The British empire was controlled by trade routes and port cities and key zones, this in turn was basically the pathway to what we see today, money.

Who ever has the most wealth in money figures seems to control the most, billionaires can do what ever they want, banks control billions of peoples money everyday doing what they please with it, and governments can't live without money so they go to these people.
Governments in theory are supposed to be representative of the people that voted them in, public servants, it's a shame tho that it's become a sort of boys club where they think they are more powerful than the average person.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlmostRosey
I've heard it said that governmental figures aren't really the ones with power, but that there are hidden rulers behind those we THINK are ruling the world.

I've heard stories of groups of the "secret elite", and that governments are mere faces to mask those with real power and influence. Do you agree, and if so, who might the true powers/authorities in this world be? I'd love to know your theories and ideas.

The true powers/authorities?

You are the true power -- the true authority.
Anyone or anything outside of you is by definition
a false authority. They only RULE over you, if you
relinquish your power and authority.

My opinion is that the idea that the "Illuminati" are
behind the world's problems is a result of the "Victim
Mentality" which many people cling to -- people who
want to feel that they can't get everything they want
in life because someone else is holding them down.

It makes some people feel better if they believe that
their problems are not their own, but instead are
caused by some force that is not in their control.
It makes them feel better if they are part of a bigger
"us against them" struggle, because it shows that
there are many others who share the same problem
of an outside force holding them back from success.
-- i.e., they like to invite others to join this group
and agree with them that the game is rigged.

Having said that, the game IS rigged.
But so what? Focus on what you want in life.

Yes, the CIA has always pushed political agendas.
I've know this sense I read the 1971 classic
"None Dare Call It Conspiracy" www.scribd.com...
and today many NGO's do the same thing.

But who cares who is behind this or that political agenda?

Most research agree the global conspiracy is about
money, power, and control by banking elites.
Perhaps that is true, but so what?

It does us no good to then blame all of the world's
woes on this group or that group. The truth is we
are only on this Earth for a short time, and while
we are there, our focus needs to be on....

Well, you ought to complete that thought for yourself.
Any other thought or agenda is a false authority.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

It seems to be more of a what then a who . By Tom Engelhardt
March 19, 2015 has a lengthy piece up at www.informationclearinghouse.info... A good read as he usually is . It's a perplexing subject but he brings up good points that most cant deny .

The Birth of a New System

Otherwise, a moment of increasing extremity has also been a moment of -- to use Fraser’s word -- “acquiescence.” Someday, we’ll assumedly understand far better how this all came to be. In the meantime, let me be as clear as I can be about something that seems murky indeed: this period doesn’t represent a version, no matter how perverse or extreme, of politics as usual; nor is the 2016 campaign an election as usual; nor are we experiencing Washington as usual. Put together our 1% elections, the privatization of our government, the de-legitimization of Congress and the presidency, as well as the empowerment of the national security state and the U.S. military, and add in the demobilization of the American public (in the name of protecting us from terrorism), and you have something like a new ballgame.

While significant planning has been involved in all of this, there may be no ruling pattern or design. Much of it may be happening in a purely seat-of-the-pants fashion. In response, there has been no urge to officially declare that something new is afoot, let alone convene a new constitutional convention. Still, don’t for a second think that the American political system isn’t being rewritten on the run by interested parties in Congress, our present crop of billionaires, corporate interests, lobbyists, the Pentagon, and the officials of the national security state.

Out of the chaos of this prolonged moment and inside the shell of the old system, a new culture, a new kind of politics, a new kind of governance is being born right before our eyes. Call it what you want. But call it something. Stop pretending it’s not happening.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
One clue about who runs things is who ruins things? Who is behind the largest disasters?

Oil spills, nuclear meltdowns, wars, poverty, debt…

Who is the wealthiest is another clue (follow the money).

Maybe its not the richest people that are "ruining" the planet, maybe its the largest organizations that they control. Their decisions are by committee, enforced by armies and the world is choking on the fallout.

At each step in the policy chain the workers are compelled by their circumstances to sow the seeds of their own destruction.

Children have to eat and bills be paid. So we work in the mines, factories and organizations that fabricate all the planes, train and automobiles (bombs, too).

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlmostRosey

I've heard stories of groups of the "secret elite", and that governments are mere faces to mask those with real power and influence.

Do you agree, and if so, who might the true powers/authorities in this world be? I'd love to know your theories and ideas.

The Rothschild's then the lower level top brass bankers.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I often think that no one really wants the answer to this question.
The saying "the truth hurts" fits here.

We buy the products that make the machine run as it does. We consume, instead of sharing, we hold our "worth" above others for our own pride in existence. The "grass is always greener" is our motto, so let's keep striving until we have more than our neighbour...

We sit at home and proudly salute the efforts of our country in hoping to colonize space - woohoo, go us!! However that same technology cannot currently build a television that will last for more than 5 years - but ONLY because it would break the money machine. Televisions made in the 70's (I'm told) lasted for 20 years. If everything is made to break these days, thus keeping consumables and the money flowing ever upward, WHO is responsible for that?

Who really rules the world? The answer is us - the consumers. If we TRULY reduced, reused, recycled - AND shared with our neighbours (think neighbourhood tool lending, book lending, dvd lending etc. and apply across the board) rather than giving into consumption for consumption's (and ego's) sake, the system would break...but we too must enjoy playing the game on some level, else it would not have continued for so long, unabated.

This is true on every single tier of wealth; the poor attempt to compete with those barely richer than they, and the rich do the same, ad nauseum to the highest levels - a never-ending line of consumption if you will.

We HAVE the technology and the know-how to create goods that last and grow top-notch, healthy food for all (aquaponics for starters), shelter for all (3-D printers) - and if we just DID those few things, we could then focus on cleaning up the messes we have made environmentally, (and that giant oceanic garbage patch especially) and beyond that there would be no limit for creation and advancement for our species as a whole.

There is a saying "The measure of a civilization is how it treats its weakest members." So far we seem to be keeping them downtrodden, in spite of the MUCH easier, and wiser route of doing otherwise. Wal-mart goods anyone? However keeping consumers consuming, feeds the machine - i.e. if we never get there, we will keep doing as we've always done and keep getting what we've always gotten. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Now granted, the masses may not have started this system, but they sure ARE responsible for continuing it year after year. Gotta line up for that new iphone/xbox I guess, and send last year's models to the ever-increasing landfills.

We have no one to blame but ourselves. We ARE capable of more and MUST demand it, if not verbally, then by our actions and choices (at the very least). As well, consider the values we pass on to our children - if consumption IS that value, then how on Earth will they do better or know to demand better?

If we are indeed the 90% like people say, then we have the power.
It's simple math, really.
edit on 20-3-2015 by MoonBlossom because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
For the tl;dr people:

Are we being controlled, or are we ALLOWING the controlling?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

This has always been the case one way or another.

Gods were replaced by god kings. God kings were replaced with divine rule to kingship. Kingship was replaced by elected ruling classes.

These ruling classes that are elected are being replaced with private for profit entities.

The visual aspect of power is ever increasingly being shifted to more obscure forms of leadership and as a result more obscure accountability for ruling entities.

I have met people who for intent and purpose are part of the ruling class of unelected, descendants of divine rule kings, who were probably at one point in history false gods and more recently those who manipulated religion to appropriate rights of divine rule.

They dont ever like being seen. They ride the subway, mingle directly with the world at large and are generally speaking more bad ass and grounded than the little princes they place in power like pop idols tailor made to sell records to target demographics.

Most arent bad people. They just got tired of living in other peoples world....so they took power and never looked back.

In a way you cant blame them for using everything from our spirituality to cultural taboos to exert control over the hordes of roaming idiots.

They have become blind and fearful of becoming just other people in the human race. Its not about comfort, power, and especially not money. Its about supremacy and not letting idiots exert an iota of control over them.

Honestly, it could be anyone of us....the power elite of the world are just scared mortal men who fear humanity and a world they cant control. We would do similar crap if left to our own devices unchecked by nature or life.....they seek to overcome even that so as to control that too. That is the root of their blindness and the inevitable force of their destruction.

Who knows if I am right, right? Just dont assume too much about people who practically speak in their own language and live in another world with its own history and nuances....very much apart from our own.
edit on 3 20 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The phrase "Follow The Money" answers your question simple because thats where the real power resides.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I came across this old article yesterday that has some interesting quotes in it from former US Presidents regarding the hidden hands. Please understand I have not yet independently verified these, but each one is cited with a reference. It relates exactly to what the op ponders, so I wanted to share. There are tons of quotes at the link, but here is a sample of a few-

George Washington wrote that the Illuminati want to separate the People from their Government

“It was not my intention to doubt that, the Doctrines of the Illuminati, and principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more truly satisfied of this fact than I am. The idea that I meant to convey, was, that I did not believe that the Lodges of Free Masons in this Country had, as Societies, endeavoured to propagate the diabolical tenets of the first, or pernicious principles of the latter (if they are susceptible of seperation). That Individuals of them may… actually had a seperation [sic] of the People from their Government in view, is too evident to be questioned.” – George Washington, 1st President of the United States (1789–1797), from a letter that Washington wrote on October 24, 1798, which can be found in the Library of Congress. For an analysis of Washington’s warning, see the article “Library of Congress: George Washington Warns of Illuminati”

“I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.” —Thomas Jefferson, dent of the United States (1801–1809) and principal author of the United States Declaration of Independence (1776), in a letter written to John Taylor on May 28, 1816

“A power has risen up in the government greater than the people themselves, consisting of many and various powerful interests, combined in one mass, and held together by the cohesive power of the vast surplus in banks.” – John C. Calhoun, Vice President (1825-1832) and U.S. Senator, from a speech given on May 27, 1836

Note that it appears that Washington’s and Jefferson’s concerns regarding bankers and separation of the people from the government was realized by 1836. This fact was confirmed in a letter written by FDR in 1933 (see below) in which he wrote that “a financial element in the large centers has owned the government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson.” Jackson was the seventh president of the United States (1829-1937). Calhoun served as Jackson’s vice-president from 1829-1832.

“Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.”— Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States, Theodore Roosevelt, An Autobiography, 1913 (Appendix B)

Former Presidents warn....LINK
edit on 20-3-2015 by raedar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join