It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Attorney Appeared Nervous ... ( possible penalties )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

The coalition of states asked the court to give them early access as to the defendant’s documents and files since they couldn’t be taken at their word, Colmonero said.

DOJ attorney Kathleen Hardeck appeared nervous as she stuttered her response saying it was the terminology used that led to confusion, but once they saw that things could be misinterpreted they had tried to notify the court.

“When I asked you what would happen and you said nothing I took it to heart,” Hanen said. “I was made to look like an idiot. I believed your word that nothing would happen.”

During the hearing Hanen talked about possible penalties if, in fact, the evidence proved that the government had lied. He said it would probably not be financial since the taxpayer would be footing the bill over damages already made to them.

After hearing the arguments from both sides Hanen said he would issue a ruling in the near future.
I Was Made to Look Like an Idiot

-
OBSERVATION:

She COULD become an ... Interesting Example ???

( in a world where 'words' have become ... just words )

Other Folks who MIGHT begin to ... Toss-n-Bed

edit on 19-3-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Call to NSA, " What dirt do you have on this judge"?

Late night call to judge, problem fixed...

Nah not in America... Hummm

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Looks like DOJ attorney Kathleen Hardeck has plenty to be nervous about indeed.

Not only is she probably in contempt, she has exposed the Obama plan as well.

What a botch-job fumble-flop.

Not a good day for her.

Ain't gonna work this time.

The cats are out of the bag.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I said it before, "This story's got legs."

During the hearing Hanen talked about possible penalties if, in fact, the evidence proved that the government had lied. He said it would probably not be financial since the taxpayer would be footing the bill over damages already made to them.

I wonder what punishment he has in mind. I hope dis-barring those US attorneys for misleading the court is a start.

From what I've heard of this judge, he is Not to be trifled with.

Good find. S&F

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

We both know that ain't gonna happen.
He'd tear the NSA an new @$$hole without batting an eye. I'd love to see the Supreme Court's hand forced on this issue ... and I mean Forced.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
They could just take her license away and permanently make her Clerk Jerk of the Circuit Court.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think it will go beyond that. In addition to what you stated and depending on the information the government lawyer had, an ethics investigation / possible disbarment comes to mind as well.

There is 1 exception..

If they are going to go after the lawyer then they must go after the individuals who continued issuing the items after the stay. I am getting tired of seeing just the low level individuals getting in trouble.

edit on 20-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: 727Sky

We both know that ain't gonna happen.
He'd tear the NSA an new @$$hole without batting an eye. I'd love to see the Supreme Court's hand forced on this issue ... and I mean Forced.

I dunno... there is speculation / conspiracy theory revolving around Chief justice Roberts and his swing ruling on Obamacare.

People have pointed out the dissenting opinion is written in the manner of it starting out as the majority opinion.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Story just hit ... FoxNews Front-Page:

'Like an idiot I believed' ... threatens sanctions

Hanen said he would issue a ruling "promptly" on what action, if any, he will take against the Justice Department.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne
Story just hit ... FoxNews Front-Page:

'Like an idiot I believed' ... threatens sanctions

Hanen said he would issue a ruling "promptly" on what action, if any, he will take against the Justice Department.

I would be hesitant to believe it if it's coming from Fox. They went to court for the right to argue that they can make things up because they're entertainment and now news. Fox are the only ones currently carrying the story, aside from one small article by ABC which is very different in tone.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
I would be hesitant to believe it if it's coming from Fox. They went to court for the right to argue that they can make things up because they're entertainment and now news. Fox are the only ones currently carrying the story, aside from one small article by ABC which is very different in tone.

A very good plan

mediamatters.org...

Right-wing media are baselessly accusing the Department of Justice of lying to the judge in Texas overseeing the legal challenge against President Obama's immigration actions. They are claiming that a DOJ attorney made false statements in court when she indicated that applications for two new deferred-action programs were not being processed. But these right-wing media figures are wrong. These two programs are not proceeding. The federal government has renewed 100,000 applications for deferred action for immigrants eligible under a 2012 program -- a third category of applicants who are not covered in the case.

new topics

top topics

join