It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything you wanted to know about the Fullback

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Here is a neat documentary (4 part series) done on the Russian SU-34 Fullback. While not exactly a new plane, (first flight was 1990) the SU-34 hasn't been seen outside Russia too much ( introduced to Russian forces in 2014). It has also been making more frequent visits to the Baltics recently.

theaviationist.com...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-3-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Well once they were able to navigate. Heh.

I'm glad to see they finally got them straightened out. It's a nice jet, that had huge problems from the get go.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah, it is nice jet. That duck bill takes some getting used to though.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

God yes. It's so ugly only a mother could love it. Heh.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The boys at Sukhoi have produced some pretty good stuff. The SU 35s and SU 37 are engineering marvels.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think it's not so bad looking.

Not sexy, but it sorta reminds me of the aardvark

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I researched a little. At what stage of usefulness was this original airframe during the introduction of the Su-34? Has it been around since 83' or even earlier?

T-10V5 was flown in early 1994 and renamed the Su-34, clearly a play on the aircraft's Frontal Aviation predecessor, the Su-24 Fencer.

Link

I think she's beautiful.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

They were a godawful mess when they reached IOC. The first 16 aircraft had so many problems that two of them couldn't even fly.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Very roomy inside as well.Never seen one before thanks for the headsup.A nice looking design.Russians are still adamant about analogue redundancies..Is nuclear attack still at the forefront of the Soviet mindset when the more recent advances in tech are leaps ahead in Stealth..Manoeuvrability is defensive in its nature while Stealth is what true dogfighting is about.Club them from anywhere without them knowing.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Even their stealth platform relies more on maneuverability than stealth. From about the Su-27 and MiG-29 they've been going more for maneuverability than stealth. They've also done interesting things with systems. A number of aircraft in the Su family have rear facing radar to give them full coverage and early warning of aircraft sneaking up on them.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I've known a lot of pretty women who turned out to be failures. As long as you learned your lesson, they have totally served a purpose.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Looks pretty propagandic to me. That Flanker could easily roll on its back and loose the Fullback. Coupled with it's spotty maintenance record I think we are seeing some saber rattling. But I'm always down to see some sweet azz HD propaganda. Where's the coffee maker??

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: aholic

Oh, absolutely the documentary was made and aired to tout the SU-34 to the Russian TV viewing public as well as the rest of the world. But in all honesty anything that shows Western gear is no different. It's all saber rattling and ego boosting but fun to look at and learn from.
It did give some nice close up views of the inside and out that most people outside the Russian Air Force (and US intelligence) probably haven't seen before.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Very interesting. A good watch just to get the view of the cockpit. Now just to find a nice freeware version for fsx.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
Yes I agree very reminiscent of the aardvark and thats the kind of role I see it in .... it also reminds me a lot of the tomcat especially from the rear.

I does look a bit like they started with a fighter size jet and someone just kept saying I want it bigger ! so the lazy designer just scaled it up on his photocopier

new topics

top topics

join