It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control Group Sets up Fake Store, Shames First-Time Buyers. Anti-2nd crowd in a tizzy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

In effort to prove once and for all that owning guns puts Americans in danger, States United to Prevent Gun Violence set up a fake gun store and shamed first-time gun buyers into foregoing their purchase.

SO this is what the Anti-2nd has left in their bag of tricks??

Morons.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
www.breitbart.com...

In effort to prove once and for all that owning guns puts Americans in danger, States United to Prevent Gun Violence set up a fake gun store and shamed first-time gun buyers into foregoing their purchase.

SO this is what the Anti-2nd has left in their bag of tricks??

Morons.

Lol, I would have said "you know what you are right, I am ashamed, go ahead and give me an AR and glock as well."

"There, now I feel better".
edit on 18-3-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
So they've switched to bullying now?

Ha, good luck winning ppl over with that tripe.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

If a clerk did this to me, I'd say, "Great, sounds like the weapon works. I'll take it."

+31 more 
link   

Heres my question. If they didn't take the time to get a FFL and they are pretending to sell real guns in a place masquerading as a gun shop aren't they still committing a felony. Just like if you are caught selling fake drugs (even if you thought it was a funny joke), it's still a felony.

Shouldn't the idiots that put together this little stunt be convicted of some sort of FFL violation.

+41 more 
link   
So if someone put up a fake abortion clinic and then shamed the customers who came in, would it receive as good a reception from the left?

The mags are illegal.

It's against federal law to set up a storefront advertising guns for sale without a FFL, regardless if you actually sell any guns or not and the 30 rnd mag in the back of the video is illegal in NY as well. Will they be prosecuted for breaking gun control laws or are liberal activists exempt form the same laws they push?

I see the gutless pukes who put up the video disabled comments, LOL. Typical.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If that was me and the clerk tried it i would just walk out. It wouldn't shame me in any way.

Shame is a feeling you have that coincides with guilt. IMO

This is however a legal tactic in the USA. Its deceptive and ill mannered but it goes along the lines of free speech.

They are voicing their opinion and so be it. I am pro gun but also pro freedom of speech.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
i find it pathetic how everything in america has to be battled via morality.
How there is a new trend of shaming people into changing their opinions about things.
If you like guns, you should be able to buy them, if you don't then you should be able to not buy them.
I'm not a gun person and i don't even live in america, and while i am not a big fan of guns, guilting someone by talking about a tragedy where people died is really below the belt.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

The Anti-2nd crowd has always been about bullying.

They are just stepping up their game now.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

"I will take 3" would be my response.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

All of them should have went forward with the purchase and if the jackwads running the fake store did not have an FFL they would all be on their way to prison for some 'shaming' of their own.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Don't know enough to say that the firearms were even real.

But, if they were/are, and they don't have an FFL, I am sure that the local Govt will investigate *rolling eyes*.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Yeah, let's hold our breath that the people that break the laws are actually punished.

Wouldn't be surprised if this group is a front for the local Anti-2nd Govt.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Anti 2nd imo are Anti-American. These are the same control freaks that lobbied against prayer, against nativity scenes, etc...

I wish they would move to one of the many countries out there that don't allow guns and stfu. Where do all these 'organizations' get $$$ from? Who pays all these anti-american activists, politicians, lobby'ists anyway? Must be nice to never have to work to pay bills.

People that use Shame to try and manipulate other people are disgusting vile creatures.... imo

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Heres my question. If they didn't take the time to get a FFL and they are pretending to sell real guns in a place masquerading as a gun shop aren't they still committing a felony. Just like if you are caught selling fake drugs (even if you thought it was a funny joke), it's still a felony.

Shouldn't the idiots that put together this little stunt be convicted of some sort of FFL violation.

I was thinking the same, but remeber, the law only applies if you are not rich and or a politician.

If you are either of those laws are more like suggestions.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Ive tried to find the rule claimed that its illegal to set up a fake store and not sell the fire arms.

www.atf.gov...

Maybe i am just missing it?

Aside from not finding it, i don't see hoe they are breaking any laws. As long as they don't actually sell any of them, they are not a dealer because they are not dealing.

I could be missing something though

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I'm personally glad they are doing this. It's a sign of desperation, if they were winning they wouldn't be desperate now would they?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

It has to do with intent and opportunity.
The guns are up for sale. The "store" has the opportunity to sell said guns.

Unless each firearm had a tag stating "Not for sale", the law is broken, if they in fact didn't have an FFL.

Through researching their YouTube channel, some are posing the possibility that it isn't some experiment, but just a play acted out with some volunteers.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

They would have to pry my weapon from my cold, dead hands.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Perhaps the conservatives could open a fake food stamp office and start shaming the "less fortunate" with being too lazy to work to feed their future welfare recipient offspring.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join