It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negative voting as solution to damaging period of gridlock?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Here in Taiwan there is a group of people who would like a system to vote against someone running for office. The media is reporting that the idea is that here only two parties have any real chance of winning, so there should be another way to cast of vote. The idea is in a democracy, one should have the right to say, through the ballot, “No, I do not want this person to be elected." In the last US Pres. Election, I didn't vote. If a negative vote option was available, one of those guys would of received my -1. Maybe I am just naive. Not many English language articles, however you can check out the link below.

Negative Voting in Taiwan

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Wow, that's a refreshing and positive idea!
Ok maybe not positive but I like it.

So many people vote for the lesser evil, maybe a system like that is what we need to get voters to vote.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

And most likely you can say "I told you so" when the crook backpedals from this campaign promises.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a negative vote for one side is the same as a positive vote for the other in a 2 party system.

but sure, why not. make a person feel a bit less of a tool by just casting a not this guy vote

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackOops

wont make any difference, just the same voting in the negative. Nearly all countries have a two party system. Both parties in all two party systems are just the two wings of the same bird-of-prey.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
People need to do a recall vote. Make that process easier and then the vote will have more power. If the person that wins doesn't stick to the campaign promises or turns out to be undesirable, vote them out. It just has to be an easy and honest process that everyone can participate in.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackOops

In America, that would mean a hundred-way tie between candidates that voted for themselves at one vote. Republicans and Democrats would be bringing up the rear in the -100,000,000 vote range.

new topics

top topics

join