It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's Netanyahu declares victory in tight race

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
With the odds against him, it looks like Netanyahu stays as Prime Minister of Israel !!

It was a tough fight indeed.

He is now claiming victory !!!

I guess the Middle East stays the same now?

I wonder what the "opposition" was going to do different?

Israel's Netanyahu declares victory in tight race

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has declared victory after a tight national election appeared to give him the upper hand in forming the country's next coalition government.

In a statement released on Twitter, Netanyahu says that "against all odds" his Likud party and the nationalist camp secured a "great victory."

Initial exit polls showed Netanyahu's Likud Party deadlocked with the center-left Zionist Union.

Now What Happens ?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well not much to say but.....

O #.....

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Does this mean all the money donated by the USA to the opposition failed ? That the majority of people in Israel stand behind him ?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I am actually surprised.

Everyone i personally know has had enough of him and wants somebody new to hate! So i am surprised he managed to secure another term in office.

I guess the Palestinians arent really happy atm.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
Does this mean all the money donated by the USA to the opposition failed ? That the majority of people in Israel stand behind him ?

Looks like the Obama efforts failed yet again.

That's assuming Obama wanted Net to lose.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

A recount? We do in the USA . We have recounts until the results change. Just sayin....

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It would be about the first thing Obama has touched that went to crap that I can smile about if it's true, but since the results don't get announced until later this week, I'll hold my enthusiasm until it's known for sure.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The same old same old happens. Netanyahooo will continue to war monger claiming Iran is only weeks away from the BOMB! Meanwhile, Gaza and the West Bank will continue to be open air prisons while cost of living in Israel continues to rise.

What may be different is he may just attack Iran because he's waited so long. Sad thing is, I think he is now the longest serving PM Israel has had since Ben-Gurion.

Good job Israeli's, you voted for more war, no peace.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This unfortunately means the majority of Israelis do not want Palestine to exist.

Sad day for peace.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Surprise surprise, Netanyahu felt so confident the fix was in, that he claims the night before that there will never be a Palestinian state while he's in charge.

If the race was truly as close as they made it sound, why in the world would you alienate the moderate vote the night before the election?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Good, there is enough caving to Iran going on with Obama no need for Iran's declared target to cave too.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Avicenne

True.Not even the Palestinian people want it to exist. Not the way their "leadership" has brought it to today . That part of the Middle East (nay , the entire world) as far as the common people go are becoming very weary of the constant strife.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

If your definition of "peace" is giving up your nation, your home, then yep, war is preferable.

Good job Israel....

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
Surprise surprise, Netanyahu felt so confident the fix was in, that he claims the night before that there will never be a Palestinian state while he's in charge.

If the race was truly as close as they made it sound, why in the world would you alienate the moderate vote the night before the election?

Because it seems that most Israelis prefer to wipe Palestine off the map than to make peace.

The majority of the whole world thought that Netanyahu's claim was barbaric and that it wouldn't help him win the election. Well he said it, he went all in and it payed.

I'm disgusted and my feelings go to all Israelis out there that are for peace and understanding.
You can't fail when you tried your best to do what's right.
edit on 17-3-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I oh so wanted to write this thread when I woke up this a.m. Didn't do it because the results haven't firmed up.

I don't know why everyone hates Netanyahu so much. Seems faddish from a disinterested POV. He makes some national leaders look wimpy by comparison.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Is that because it may all be rigged? Oh my, who woulda thunked it?

Elections, what a joke.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Wait, wait, wait, so a vote against Netanyahooo is a vote for giving up your nation and your home?

Hyperbole much?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is great news for warmongers all over the world

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Swills

If your definition of "peace" is giving up your nation, your home, then yep, war is preferable.

Good job Israel....

Who? Palestine? I know, right? Why does Natenyahu want to wipe them off the map and why did Israelis vote for it?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: here4this

Yes.
Imagine that, Israelis actually want to survive, as opposed to jumping off a cliff, Obama-style.

Bravo Israel!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join