It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Schock (R-IL) abruptly resigns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Aaron Schock resigns after new questions about mileage expenses

Schock billed the federal government and his campaign for logging roughly 170,000 miles on his personal car from January 2010 through July 2014. But when he sold that Chevrolet Tahoe in July 2014, it had roughly 80,000 miles on the odometer, according to public records obtained by POLITICO under Illinois open records laws. The documents, in other words, indicate he was reimbursed for 90,000 miles more than his car was driven.

The discrepancy added to a growing wave of ethical and legal problems for the 33-year-old politician.

Schock was elected in 2008 and represents Illinois' 18th congressional district (West-Central Illinois).

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is my district and I'm seriously thinking about throwing my hat into this ring.

I'll post more when I get home.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Wow , just wow. For someone to claim that type of deal considering that they work only part time in the year and generally wealthy just to claim a few hundred dollars. Unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Wow! That would be interesting!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
This is my district and I'm seriously thinking about throwing my hat into this ring.

I'll post more when I get home.

Good on you...

""The price paid by good men for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."

Plato

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9
Go for it!!! And good luck! Much good can be done from a public office, if the right people are there!!!!
I wonder how many ATS members hold office???

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Imagine if this had been a democrat.

Thread would already have 200 flags

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Imagine if this had been a democrat.

Thread would already have 200 flags

I'm a conservative leaning independent.

This is BS, fraud is fraud, doesn't matter which side of the isle it comes from.

Hope get his butt wrung out in a wringer.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

I guess my problem is I am a right wing leaning Democrat left of center Republican progressively liberal staunch conservative who votes from info obtained...wow , did I actually say all that ?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
a reply to: Cygnis

I guess my problem is I am a right wing leaning Democrat left of center Republican progressively liberal staunch conservative who votes from info obtained...wow , did I actually say all that ?

LOL, nicely said..

We usually call those independent, tho, for shorter explanation purposes.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
All he had to do was say: "Miles? I meant Kilometers!"

Guess he was too honest.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ahhhh, Schock.

Hypocrit in the glass closet.

Lots of interesting stuff on this guy.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Why can't we get "good stewards" regardless of party. People like Schock want to live beyond their means...Bankrupt in mind and body.

He should be making big rocks into little rocks until he understands that money was OUR TAX MONEY not his.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
a reply to: links234

Wow , just wow. For someone to claim that type of deal considering that they work only part time in the year and generally wealthy just to claim a few hundred dollars. Unbelievable.

That's not uncommon:

In the book, you cite a study that finds Americans with incomes of $70,000 a year shoplift 30% more than those earning up to $20,000. Why is that?

Entitlement is certainly a factor. Rage is a factor. A lot of people feel that they are the victims in whatever way — whether it’s their life circumstances, or that they’re the victims of a larger economic plot — like Bernie Madoff. There’s this idea of avenging yourself on an impersonal entity, like a store. You see what others have — like on TMZ — and you think, ‘What difference does this make?’

Is there a class divide in prosecuting shoplifting?

It’s really rare for a celebrity shoplifter or a wealthy shoplifter to do any significant time. They really have to be chronic shoplifters. Otherwise, we forgive them. There’s a big discrepancy because we are very unsettled by the fact that people who don’t need to shoplift, do.

While not quite the same thing, fraud is still stealing.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
ATS would be losing it's collective # right now is Schockton Abbey had been a (D) rather than an (R).

new topics

top topics

join