It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House No Longer Honoring FOIA (Didn't anyway, now official)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Perhaps the lesson was taught and the line is toed more closely...

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
With the mess surrounding Hillary and her emails and the secrete bad agreement with Iran part of me wonders if those incidents are the catalyst for Obama to once again take the "I am above everyone else" stance.

FOIA requests have been filed now for information about Clinton and her private email servers. A double standard has also been noted between senior officials and rank and file workers and what happens when they refuse to sign an outoing form stating they turned over all information, classified and non classified, to the state department before leaving.

Apparently rank and file are required to sign it. If they refuse an investigation can be launched into why they refuse to sign it and they can have retirement, last pay, 401k withheld and the person can actually be terminated.

Those in senior positions apparently aren't held to the same standard.

We also should look at the most recent court rulings against Obama for Obamacare, Lois Lerner, Fast and Furious...

Once you know enough, you have leverage to not turn everything over. Lets say you know where a body is buried, literally or figuratively. By not admitting to what you know and turning over related documents you are violating the form. However, if you adhere to the form a lot of people get in a lot of trouble. That's why there's two justice systems, eventually you get high enough that you learn something which provides leverage.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The FOIA law already spells out exceptions and exemptions. FOIA applies to all branches of government.

This would be another one of those idiotic Obama flouting the law left brain hip checks.

This has been unofficial policy for going on 14 years now. It has been long enough that Obama made it official and there's over a decade of precedent. Nothing will come of this, though I imagine it was politically expedient to do so now in order to hide something about Hillary.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What's the difference really? It's all digital now, and it gets deleted at will.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: zayonara
What's the difference really? It's all digital now, and it gets deleted at will.

Digital documents are very hard to delete after all the backup and monitoring systems are accounted for. It's not like the old days where you could shred a document. Instead you need to legally restrict access to the documents or hide them.
edit on 20-3-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Did anyone ever seriously believe this was the real deal? I literally laughed out loud the first time I heard someone say "freedom of information act".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join