It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Shuts Down Saudi Embassy Amid Security Fears

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Looks like a target for brics is being evacuated.
Anyone have anything else on this still seems strange not sure if this is legit or not just like the UK embassy.
Saudi embassy evac
edit on 5310832015vAmerica/Chicago03bAmerica/Chicago by 5thNovember because: title error

edit on 5310832015vAmerica/Chicago03bAmerica/Chicago by 5thNovember because: editied title to keep posts on topic.....sad but yes the real reason...

edit on 14/3/2015 by Sauron because: corected the title to match linked article

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thNovember
Looks like a target for brics is being evacuated.
Anyone have anything else on this still seems strange not sure if this is legit or not just like the UK embassy.
Saudi embassy evac

Do you have background on this situation?

Has this happened before?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Your post reads "Saudi Embassy Evac", but it should read "US Embassy in Saudi Arabia Evacuated".

See the difference?

This is still important news in view of the closure of the Russian Embassy in the UK.
edit on 14-3-2015 by antoinemarionette because: added line

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette
Your post reads "Saudi Embassy Evac", but it should read "US Embassy in Saudi Arabia Evacuated".

See the difference?

Maybe the OP did not realise that others would not naturally assume it was the US embassy.

Also there is an alert for US worker to take care.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

I do not any person worth their merit will click the link. Your move. Read the article. what your doing is playing on words. Nothing more link says it all I'm just a messenger like everyone else. It is not for me to decide what people assume.
edit on 5310832015vAmerica/Chicago03bAmerica/Chicago by 5thNovember because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
From the OP article:

In a statement, the embassy said consular services in Riyadh, Jeddah and Dhahran would not be available.

It urged US citizens to take extra precautions when travelling in Saudi Arabia and to keep a low profile.

On Friday, the embassy warned that Western oil workers could be the target of militant attacks.

It said it had information that "individuals associated with a terrorist organisation" could be targeting people working in the oil-rich Eastern Province.

So it sounds like a general warning to Americans in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thNovember

I did read the article my friend, which is why I stated that it was still important news in spite of your misleading title.

I believe ATS T&C requires that you post the full title of the exact article when you post.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Good, now we need to evacuate all US embassy personnel in the Middle East (ME)
and evacuate all troops
drones
etc.
every last US citizen it can order off ME soil.

And let the ME take care of it's own religious war. Not the US business.
Especially if you think the US caused it, unlikely since it has been going on since the days of Muhammad, on and off.

But if you think the US is the cause of all the problems, there is no the better reason for the US to get out
and mind its own business
and stop the imperialist nonsense.

The Saudi's and Jordon have excellent air forces, all the countries have their own armies,
it is a religious war
one that the US needs to butt out of entirely.

I for one say good! About time.

Strictly my personal opinion.

edit on 8Sat, 14 Mar 2015 20:27:13 -0500pm31403pmk146 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

See the difference?

This is still important news in view of the closure of the Russian Embassy in the UK.

As it stands the closure of the UK russian embassy is unfounded.

Warnings from embassy's regading warnings are not uncommon especially within countries that already have high risks.

Fair point to the OP for bringing it up but to fid a link is stretching things at best.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

See the difference?

Maybe the OP did not realise that others would not naturally assume it was the US embassy.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the supposed info-bomb that Putin is going to drop this weekend, as announced earlier today:

Krem lin Tells Russian Media "Prepare for Major Announcement This Weekend"
edit on 14-3-2015 by antoinemarionette because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

See the difference?

I wonder if this has anything to do with the supposed info-bomb that Putin is going to drop this weekend, as announced earlier today:

Krem lin Tells Russian Media "Prepare for Major Announcement This Weekend"

An interesting concept, how would you link the two?

Why would the Russian premiers alleged statment corralate with an alert from the US Saudi embassy?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Strange days.

Can't think of much trouble in Saudi Arabia since the last false "Mahdi" arrived to take over Mecca.

Pretty strange, indeed.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

I believe we are right to say that any news on this I can't find anything else.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
From the article without any !!!

"The US embassy in the Saudi capital Riyadh has cancelled all consular services for Sunday and Monday due to "heightened security concerns".

In a statement, the embassy said consular services in Riyadh, Jeddah and Dhahran would not be available.

It urged US citizens to take extra precautions when travelling in Saudi Arabia and to keep a low profile.

On Friday, the embassy warned that Western oil workers could be the target of militant attacks.

It said it had information that "individuals associated with a terrorist organisation" could be targeting people working in the oil-rich Eastern Province."

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I totally agree.

And if a president had the guts to say that-they would get my vote.

Not one American asset belongs in the middle east.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: grandmakdw

I totally agree.

And if a president had the guts to say that-they would get my vote.

Not one American asset belongs in the middle east.

Do you not think there is a reason why "American assets" are in the middle east?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

In light of recent developments you have to take this I to consideration no specific group was named, possible false flag in the works?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thNovember

In light of recent developments you have to take this I to consideration no specific group was named, possible false flag in the works?

I cannot say but I think that the headline you saw bore little resembalance to the statement in the article.

If you read the article it mentions nothing about an evacuation although the headline suggests such.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Joyful To Tour...

For The Spoils Of War...

Cos From Soil To Shore...

There Is Oil Galore...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

So there going to shut down an embassy and leave everyone inside? Sounds like a genius plan there.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join