It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Putin?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
the thick plottens

seems to be a real lack of anything official coming out of moscow though

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Something is definitely up.... starting to feel it in the air!

We'll see by Monday I think.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
6. He's preparing an announcement to introduce a new Soviet Union, meant to signal to NATO to halt all advancement.

Honest to god, this is the most plausible thing I think fits, IMO. The country is a financial wreck, and I doubt there's going to be any shortage of additional sanctions levied on Russia for the foreseeable future. He may have taken some tips from the old Soviet playbook & decided going back to the way it was might be a way to bolster the country like the way it did for so long before Soviet Russia ceased to exist (as an official entity anyway)

The amount of sealed lips secrecy could be a way of shoring everything up in government to deal with any potential backlash (or foreign meddling)
edit on 3/14/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Source

#BREAKING: Unconfirmed: #Putin's personal security service commander Viktor Zolotov is rumoured to have been killed. pic.twitter.com/C4AeH03irc

If his personal body guard is dead, the chances of Putin still being alive are slim.

Well those are the types of leaks we'd expect to start seeing if a Coup was taking place.

Early days but getting darker indeed!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky
Because let's trust some random joe on Twitter with no source in his posts and noting that it's practically a retweet of the same information we all currently know. At least the Kremlin advisors have more merit being they are actually tied to it.
edit on 5310532015vAmerica/Chicago03bAmerica/Chicago by 5thNovember because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

He may have taken some tips from the old Soviet playbook & decided going back to the way it was might be a way to bolster the country like the way it did for so long before Soviet Russia ceased to exist (as an official entity anyway)

The only problem is that now you have people who aren't afraid to stand up to the government, and don't want to go back to that type of life which is something that wasn't done in the Soviet Russia which made it work.

So if he does decide to go that route it may not end well for him.

The country is a financial wreck, and I doubt there's going to be any shortage of additional sanctions levied on Russia for the foreseeable future.

So that brings up another interesting question...

Who is hurting the most from those sanctions?

And I think this may also be a reason some of his allies aren't happy with him...

Igor Shuvalov, first deputy prime minister of Russia, warned that Western sanctions are only making a difficult situation worse.

"Sanctions will never ever force [President Vladimir Putin] to do anything differently," he said during a talk at the World Economic Forum, noting that sanctions have encouraged the population to rally around Putin.

VTB, like Russia's other leading banks, has already been prevented from raising money from European and U.S. investors under sanctions imposed last year.

The sanctions, combined with falling oil prices, have hobbled Russia's economy. The value of the ruble has halved over the past few months, sending inflation soaring above 10% and shock waves across the country.

money.cnn.com...

And that's just my speculation here, as I am interested in seeing what comes of this situation.

The amount of sealed lips secrecy could be a way of shoring everything up in government to deal with any potential backlash (or foreign meddling)

Wow, how ironic would that be if the US had successfully changed regimes in Russia, and I know it isn't happening but imagine what ATS would be like if it did.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thNovember

Cuz let's trust some random hoe on Twitter with no source in his posts and noting that it's practical a retweet of the same information we all currently know

Easy there! We're all speculating and information isn't being confirmed. I think everyone understands that. Welcome to the modern age where info slips out fast and you don't get confirmations.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

In regard to your last memo there, we honestly believe power hungry Russia is going to tuck it's tail over a coup staged by the US? if It were on the opposite foot, democracy gets undermined, Senate has proof it was the Russians you don't think we would declare war?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It was a typo first off don't jump the gun like you just told me. Clearly has been edited and an obvious mistake on a keyboard second your saying it's all speculation but here on ats we have sources. Your source is not a source, your source has no sources for its info lol that's not jumping the gun that's stopping unnecessary and irrelevant posters from the interwebs

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Interesting pic...

Apparently it's outside the Moscow Mayor's building. Here's the source...

www.bimmerfest.com...

Google search of the image doesn't find much...

Could be part of the Crimea reunification celebration...but the guns ARE pointed at the building!

Same poster says all roads into Moscow filled with Military vehicles.
edit on 14-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Tanks outside the mayors office, because Putin has a illegitimate love child, or err the flu....

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thNovember

In regard to your last memo there, we honestly believe power hungry Russia is going to tuck it's tail over a coup staged by the US?

Never said they would.

if It were on the opposite foot, democracy gets undermined, Senate has proof it was the Russians you don't think we would declare war?

Well that would be one way to go, but since it will never happen we nothing to worry about.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

We got a make on those tanks? of who they ight belong to could explain more of we know whose they are??

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I'll bet that made Obama see red.....

So, where is this man, and what game is he playing? At what point do we start to worry?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

A coup in Russia, would already be known to Western security services, most probably as it was happening. If its been analysed as a potentially chaotic state of affairs. Then you would expect to see heightened troop movement and security along Russia's borders. Are we seeing this?

Russia's people are not going to lay their lives on the line , for a load of self serving elites , that live the high life in Moscow and fight a western society that they are trying to emulate. They no longer have a gun at their head from a political officer, to guarantee loyalty. The generals know this.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Russians won't be forced to go into a war they don't want is like saying the US couldn't do it either and we all know that is absolutely false. And we are building up 6 companies of marine ground troops are being sent to Ukraine and convoys travelling large distances across Europe as a show of force it's were not at the river card in hold em I don't know where we are at.
edit on 5310632015vAmerica/Chicago03bAmerica/Chicago by 5thNovember because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

A coup in Russia, would already be known to Western security services, most probably as it was happening. If its been analysed as a potentially chaotic state of affairs. Then you would expect to see heightened troop movement and security along Russia's borders. Are we seeing this?

Russia's people are not going to lay their lives on the line , for a load of self serving elites , that live the high life in Moscow and fight a western society that they are trying to emulate. They no longer have a gun at their head from a political officer, to guarantee loyalty. The generals know this.

So why no flag over the Kremlin?
A baby girl being born would not constitute a missing flag.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thNovember

We got a make on those tanks? of who they ight belong to could explain more of we know whose they are??

I don't know anything about the tanks. The poster said 30 mins ago and the post was listed at 3:16pm today but I don't know which timezone. There is another pic on the internet along with the tanks...this one a green APC. That pic doesn't have a Google search history either except for recent twitter.

They could be part of the Crimea reunification ceremony...as could any reported military vehicles along the highways leading into Moscow.

Of course a celebration with military vehicles would make a great time to stage a Coup and get your boys with guns all downtown without be suspected of anything.

edit on 14-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I was referring to an efficient war with everybody operating with a single purpose. If you look at the wars the West has waged. Most of the population is half assed about it. Its cost them megabucks , and has had no political conclusion. That's with a military industrial complex, in good shape. If Russia waged a war a risk analysis, would guarantee, an end to the present structure that keeps the elite in clover. So it wont happen.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Exactly and bringing in tanks for a baby that his state department says has no affiliation with Putin? Really wish we could have some military Calvary expertise on this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join