It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Putin?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Where is Putin?

Putin hasn't missed this many days in the public spotlight since he took over Russia. He's been missing since a meeting with the Italian PM on March 5...and is still missing! Power is so tightly control in Putin's hands that this many days 'away from the office' causes a national panic in Russia. Social media in the country has been taken over by the speculation of where Putin has gone.

Well, time to weed through some 'Where is Putin?' theories while we wait for more news...

1. He's Dead.
Ah, that's a pretty harsh outcome for a guy so well protected as Putin. Even in the old Soviet Days leaders were put out to pasture with medical retirement instead of being killed. Even if you could get past his personal guard, estimated to be up to 3,000 strong, as well as the 30,000 FSO bodyguards you would have to subdue a Judo master. I don't like your chances so I'm going to call this one. Putin isn't Dead.
en.wikipedia.org...(Russia)
en.wikipedia.org...

2. Putin is being Held while a Coup takes place.
Russia has a great tradition of holding the leader 'incommunicado' while powerful people take control of the levers of control. It's a reasonable guess given Russian History. It also looks to be wrong. There have been several attempts to show Putin still at work that have been debunked as not happening on the day the Kremlin claimed they happened.
www.nytimes.com...

The key mistake being the Rossiya24 broadcasting of a Putin meeting with another World leader. The report aired on Friday and talked about the meeting happening on Monday...the upcoming Monday after the weekend!!! The report was taken off air after a couple replays but the slip up was telling.
www.businessinsider.com...

Putin has clearly planned for an extended absence with multiple news stories to run on different days while he is gone. One could argue a Putsch leader could make the same plans, but that would be very difficult to keep a takeover secret while having canned news of Putin taking meetings ready to publish.

So is Putin being held with a Coup happens? Not very likely.

3. Putin is sick
Clearly people get sick, even great shirtless leaders like Putin. The guy is 62 years old despite the plastic surgery keeping him looking 40 something. Russian leaders hide any hint of sickness because it lowers popularity and makes election fixing that much more expensive. The fact that canned news stories of Putin were being spaced out in the Media suggest Putin isn't 'suddenly' sick. So no stroke, heart attack, accident. Putin could have scheduled a nose job or butt lift and be recovering from the procedure. This would fit with what the world has seen so far.

So Putin isn't suddenly sick. No stroke or heart attack. He could be getting some body improvements or bionic implants however.

4. Putin is having a baby with his Gymnast lover
This rumor hit the world when a Swiss paper claimed Putin rented two rooms at a Posh baby making clinic in Switzerland. Recommended by his good buddy Berlesconi no less! This is an odd rumor for a newspaper to print 'out of the blue'. Sure Putin has been romantically linked to this gymnast turned Duma politician who recently quit. However Putin fever doesn't generally run high in Switzerland so the story is a little odd. Sadly no evidence supporting the rumor has surfaced. Given how private Putin is about his family life I don't expect any solid details to come out supporting this theory either. However it does fit several pieces of the puzzle. Said gymnast did quit her excellent political job not too long ago. Possibly to transition into being a mother? Putin did divorce his wife. Possibly to remarry after enough time has passed for public opinion to find it acceptable?
www.blick.ch...

So Putin might be having another baby! In case you wanted to know...it's a girl!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

This is a very slick thread on Putin.
Of course, the name of the OP makes me suspicious...
...of what, I'm not exactly sure.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Isn't it obvious???

Putin went on a trip riding his bear to study the Siberian holes that are popping out in order to save humanity of the upcoming alien invasion.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
5. He's bunkered down preparing to start WWIII.

6. He's preparing an announcement to introduce a new Soviet Union, meant to signal to NATO to halt all advancement.

7. He's currently off planet and the preps being made to Red Square will be a UFO landing pad, announcing to the world his agreement with the Pledians.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Isn't it obvious???

Putin went on a trip riding his bear to study the Siberian holes that are popping out in order to save humanity of the upcoming alien invasion.

I think you read too many conspiracy theories...

It's quite obvious to anyone with worthy brain matter that Putin had travelled back in time with a few KGB agents to stop the assassination of the family of Tsar Nicholas II (who was also the 2nd richest man in history I believe) to reclaim the wealth and find a cure for strokes so he can travel forward in time to save Vladimir Lenin and all will become apparent when Lenin rises out of his tomb to start the Zombie Apocalypse!

Plausible, you say?

Da, says Mother Bear!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I think it's really hard to tell which option it could be, but everything is pointing to the idea that Putin is no longer in control whether that's because of illness, death or a coup.

The thing that really gets me about this is the media reports being released while they know the meetings didn't happen. As I mentioned in another thread, this shows that the Kremlin press department sends out manufactured news to the news sites and stations, and they've done so even when those meetings have not happened. This shows that there is confusion in the Kremlin.

Imagine, if you will, the Kremlin press dept knows that Putin is having a meeting with a military advisor on Monday, so they write the glowing story with archive photos on the Friday before, ready to be sent.
In the meantime, Putin falls ill, but they're not told about it. Monday comes and they see all the rumors about Putin, but they don't know what to do. They send out the story anyway, it's published, and it turns out the rumors are true and that Putin didn't attend the meeting as they expected.

This shows that the press dept of the Kremlin, a department that you would expect to be under the tight control of Putin's senior staff, has been kept entirely in the dark.

That really doesn't bode well, does it?

To me, the fact that these stories managed to see the light of day before being pulled supports the notion of chaos in the Kremlin, the question should really be whether that chaos stems from him falling ill, dying, or being overthrown.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to know for sure, but I do wonder whether the senior staff responsible for media releases would have simply forgotten to stop them from being released if Putin was ill or dead.

If Putin fell ill, or died, why wouldn't the senior staff responsible for media releases halt the release of incorrect information about meetings he never had? All it would take is a call to that department and an instruction to stop. That's their primary job, so why didn't they oversee their own department properly?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I think that Putin has taken some vacation time...and also perhaps has been attending some meetings in the Secret Societies that he belongs to.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I also think that there's no chance of this being a planned absence.
If he was expecting a baby, having surgery, or going on holiday, the Kremlin would have created media stories to cover that period. They would have created fictional meetings with other staff and made videos, taken photos and written articles to cover the week or so he would be expected to be gone.

There's also no reason for him to plan meetings during a period he would have been absent. Why not book the surgery or a holiday for a week or two when nothing was happening? Why not arrange meetings and events around the birth and be gone for just a couple of days?

The fact that there has been so much confusion about this, with planned meetings missed and no stories coming out proving that Putin is still working hard, suggests that whatever has happened was entirely unexpected.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Even Russians are speculating. It's quite apparent no one knows.

You should've heard what I was told when Kim, Jong-Un pulled a disappearing act from the North Korean stage. And, you would've been shocked to see the owner of the lips I heard that from. To say I lost a little faith in 'the big boys' would be an understatement.

Yeah ... something's not 'normal'. Outside of that, it's anybody's guess ATM.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Yeah I would have to agree with you on that, this appears to have been to sloppy to have been planned.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

I think that Putin has taken some vacation time...and also perhaps has been attending some meetings in the Secret Societies that he belongs to.

Are we supposed to believe that the Kremlin just somehow accidentally lost Putin's holiday booking form and arranged for him to meet several allies and miss a meeting with the FSB while he was away from the office?

I can fully understand that maybe someone would have forgotten to put an auto-responder on his emails and send his office phone line through to voice-mail, but booking events and meetings when he had a holiday planned?

Not in the least bit plausible.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You should've heard what I was told when Kim, Jong-Un pulled a disappearing act from the North Korean stage. And, you would've been shocked to see the owner of the lips I heard that from.

Oh come on you cant say that and not atleast say what you were told without mentioning any names.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Hey...that is my opinion...and I think it is possible...you don't so be it...moving on.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Putin is in Switzerland supervising the birth of his love child, I am sure I read that somewhere, France 24 perhaps?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Yeah I would have to agree with you on that, this appears to have been to sloppy to have been planned.

Exactly, there's no reason for the Kremlin to not have planned to cover him while he's gone. If he's having something medical done it would have been booked months in advance and they would have something to cover the period he's gone.

But I also have to wonder if they would have had something on standby anyway, just in case something did happen to him. And if we can believe that they would, why hasn't that plan been activated?

Imagine a leader like Putin, and imagine how important his image is. Isn't it likely and plausible that his inner circle would have some story or some preplanned excuse for any unexpected period of absence? Wouldn't they have created something to cover him just in case he was ill for a week or two?

It wouldn't be hard to do, you just gather some old photos of him on his last holiday and release them with the statement that he's gone back to his favorite holiday spot for a week, pay off the management, have someone stay in a room there with a full complement of security to fool staff and keep them away.

As far as the world is concerned he would be on holiday, the most embarrassing part of it would be admitting that he needed an unexpected break and had to cancel meetings, or that they made an error in the dates.

I was inclined to think that he could be ill or dead, instead of being overthrown. But the chaos of what's happening and the lack of any planning from the Kremlin seems more sinister than that.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Putin is in Switzerland supervising the birth of his love child, I am sure I read that somewhere, France 24 perhaps?

Not according to his spokesperson...

Today, things got the point where Peskov had to publicly deny a report, which originated in a Swiss tabloid, that Putin is in Switzerland to attend the birth of a “love child” born to his rumored girlfriend, Olympic rhythmic gymnast-turned-member of parliament Alina Kabaeva.

www.slate.com...

And I am pretty sure his spokesperson would know if he were there.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Those pressures seemed to culminate in the Feb. 27 assassination of Boris Y. Nemtsov, the opposition leader and former deputy prime minister who was gunned down near the Kremlin. Mr. Nemtsov’s supporters blamed the atmosphere of hate that has been brewing in Russia, with the state-controlled news media labeling him a ringleader among the “enemies of the state.”

He's waiting for the next big thing to happen. It takes a while for this specific snake to shed it's skin, similar to the way blood is hard to wash off your hands.

The media moves much slower over there and it's only a matter of time until this blows over. He is in protection, obviously.

Link

a reply to: pikestaff

He had been stricken by the particularly devastating strain of flu going around Moscow just now. He sneaked off to Switzerland for the birth of his love child. He had a stroke. The victim of a palace coup, he was imprisoned within the Kremlin. He was dead, aged 62.

All true.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
A clever ploy to get folks distracted from that opposition guy that got bumped off Good Fellas style, anyone heard anything about any development on the murder??..think about it!!.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

My Narnian rides on the back of a bear to stop alien invasions cannot compete with time travel communist zombies.

The guy must be chilling enjoying some beer in a Caribbean island, after being the dictator of his country for 15+ years he deserve a spring break too
edit on 14-3-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I heard that he was roaming the kent countryside, wearing just a camel skin loin cloth, looking for badgers to wrestle with!!
All the best.
B. V. H

<<   2  3  4 >>

join