It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now House writes Iran letter to Obama on Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

So they aren't enriching uranium?

What other inside info do you have on Iran?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: crazyewok

So you are right and I am wrong.

Didn't realize that you were from Iran (though that would explain a lot).

What proof do you have that Iran has no desire to build a nuclear weapon?

And what proof do you have that they do?

Are the USA to start wars and bomb people on scetchy limited half cocked intelligiance ?

I have just as much proof that they are, as you do that they aren't.

So, should we just sit back and wait until millions die before doing something?

Let's see this proof. If you are worried about Iran then for the safety of humanity you of course would be willing to support sanctions to be placed against Israel and their illegal nuclear program.
Leaked cables show Netanyahu’s Iran bomb claim contradicted by Mossad

But in a secret report shared with South Africa a few weeks later, Israel’s intelligence agency concluded that Iran was “not performing the activity necessary to produce weapons”. The report highlights the gulf between the public claims and rhetoric of top Israeli politicians and the assessments of Israel’s military and intelligence establishment.

Behind the scenes, Mossad took a different view. In a report shared with South African spies on 22 October 2012 – but likely written earlier – it conceded that Iran was “working to close gaps in areas that appear legitimate, such as enrichment reactors, which will reduce the time required to produce weapons from the time the instruction is actually given”. But the report also states that Iran “does not appear to be ready” to enrich uranium to the higher levels necessary for nuclear weapons. To build a bomb requires enrichment to 90%. Mossad estimated that Iran then had “about 100kg of material enriched to 20%” (which was later diluted or converted under the terms of the 2013 Geneva agreement). Iran has always said it is developing a nuclear programme for civilian energy purposes.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You have to enrich uranium for nuclear plants to use. Is that the best evidence you have towards Iran building the bomb?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Iran, monitored, good joke.

If Iran was about safe nuclear energy they would be looking into Thorium, which can only be used for peaceful purposes.

Like Iran hasn't been monitored. Did you forget all those inspections by the IAEA? SO why doesn't Israel look into thorium?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I asked for proof that they weren't.

I also stated that I am not a world leader.

I personally think that my opinion that Iran IS making a weapon is just as valid as your assertion that they aren't.

You keep focusing on Israel.

I'm wondering why you have extreme distrust of Israel yet blissfully believe everything that comes out of Iran.

But, then again, perhaps I've answered my own question.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

You have to enrich uranium for nuclear plants to use. Is that the best evidence you have towards Iran building the bomb?

So they are enriching uranium!

Could enriched uranium also be a component in a nuclear bomb?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Iran, monitored, good joke.

If Iran was about safe nuclear energy they would be looking into Thorium, which can only be used for peaceful purposes.

Not exactly, I am a big fan of thorium but, gaseous reactors do produce plutonium which can be extracted from the fuel cycle.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Add one more ,"democracy" to the mix . How it was ,is and will be, depends more on the rhetoric of the day it seems ,or at least in peoples perception or misconception of it . It is even hard to communicate in absolute terms it seems because of the differing opinions on a document created many years ago .

Someone needs a slap and there seems to be no shortage of candidates within the halls of Government ....peace

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Talk about a take on this house of cards . This quote should raise eye brows . It did mine . " Garth Porter "

Cotton's loyalty to Israel

Rosenberg has reasoned that AIPAC must have drafted the letter and handed it to Senator Cotton. “Nothing happens on Capitol Hill related to Israel,” he tweets, “unless and until Howard Kohr (AIPAC chief) wants it to happen. Nothing.” AIPAC apparently supported the letter, but there may be more to the story. Senator Cotton just happens to be a protégé of neoconservative political kingpin Bill Kristol, whose Emergency Committee on Israel gave him nearly a million dollars late in his 2014 Senate campaign and guaranteed that Cotton would have the support of the four biggest funders of major anti-Iran organisations.

Cotton proved his absolute fealty to Likudist policy on Iran by sponsoring an amendment to the Nuclear Iran Prevention Act of 2013 that would have punished violators of the sanctions against Iran with prison sentences of up to 20 years and extended the punishment to “a spouse and any relative, to the third degree” of the sanctions violator. In presenting the amendment in the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Cotton provided the useful clarification that it would have included “parents, children, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, grandparents, great grandparents, grandkids, great grandkids”.

That amendment, which he apparently believed would best reflect his adoption of the Israeli view of how to cut Iran down to size, was unsuccessful, but it established his reliability in the eyes of the Republican Likudist kingmakers. Now Kristol is grooming him to be the vice-presidential nominee in 2016.

So the real story behind the letter from Cotton and his Republican colleagues is how the enforcers of Likudist policy on Iran used an ambitious young Republican politician to try to provoke a breakdown in the Iran nuclear negotiations. The issue it raises is a far more serious issue than the Logan Act, but thus far major news organisations have steered clear of that story.
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Cotton proved his absolute fealty to Likudist policy on Iran by sponsoring an amendment to the Nuclear Iran Prevention Act of 2013 that would have punished violators of the sanctions against Iran with prison sentences of up to 20 years and extended the punishment to “a spouse and any relative, to the third degree” of the sanctions violator. In presenting the amendment in the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Cotton provided the useful clarification that it would have included “parents, children, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, grandparents, great grandparents, grandkids, great grandkids”.

If true, that is absolutely chilling. Sometimes I wonder if some of these people even have a soul... they obviously don't have a conscience.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Why are we even negotiating with Iran?

Don't let them have a nuke!

or

Let them have a nuke!

I'm sick and tired of this pissy lame behavior out of DC.

Don't want Iran to have a nuke?

Then bomb their centrifuge program!

Anything else is just bullspit word-games and they end up with a nuke.

At some point, we will have to consider the risk of global America fatigue.

We fear being nuked, but we don't ever budge from our own aggressive behaviors. I know you only said to bomb the centrifuge, but it won't end there. There are a lot of people with a "Turn the desert to glass"type of attitude, and if the warhawks had their way, it would only make the threat of nuclear attack increase. You can't go around turning people into glass, and not expect them to act desperately.

People keep talking about the collapse of the dollar, expanding bubbles, and enemies who are so scary that we have no choice but to relinquish privacy, but our only response to every foreign dispute is "bomb them". We consider our politicians to be incompetent, corrupt and untrustworthy liars, but if they fail to settle foreign disputes, we wouldn't dare question their infallibility.

We give 50 ovations for a man pounding war drums, and take money from his interest group, but we freak out when other countries speak aggressively. We are willing to publicly undermine our own efforts on a world stage, and present visible fractures for everyone to see, and potentially take advantage of, but we want to be taken seriously.

I don't trust the people leading this country to act competent enough at this point.

edit on 03pm03pm312015-03-14T15:08:29-05:0003America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

I don't trust the people leading this country to act competent enough at this point.

And there lies the crux of the matter, doesn't it.

Our political history is so full of lies and half-truths, and doublespeak that we can't trust the words coming from anyone.

The end result?

Eventually, some very bad people will get a weapon of mass destruction. And they will use it. And people will die.

And we can all sit back in our bunkers and say, "I told you so!" but by then, it'll be far too late.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yea ,..I said raise a eye brow but chilling is equally if not a better description .

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

and at the end of the day is that all we can do is try to get along and hope it doesn't happen . Sad part about power hungry people and groups is that they want to have the ultimate weapon to hold over others .Aside from the whole lot of us deciding to eliminate even the peaceful aspect's of such technology we are left with what we face . Just not going to get that genie back in the bottle I am afraid .

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Why are we even negotiating with Iran?

Don't let them have a nuke!

or

Let them have a nuke!

Then bomb their centrifuge program!

Why do you believe the US has the right to tell sovereign nations what to do and how they should solve their own energy problems? The US has no power to govern other nations, unless you're one of those NWO types who think we should be ruled under a one world government? And who should we allow to run this NWO? Israel?

The underlined portion is to point out how violent you sound, expecting us to agree that we should bomb any nation that does not abide by our insane mandates for them? Are you going to tell me now you were just being facetious?

It's people like you that are the source of the problems in the middle east. You have zero right to expect anyone else to accept your demands. Thank god you aren't in politics. We'd be at war constantly, violently oppressing any nation that doesn't do what we tell them to.

Also, I find your baseless assumptions regarding Iran having a "Nuke" appalling. Deny ignorance? You're actually promoting it.

Do you even have a single source to back up your paranoia? Because there's plenty of information out there that Iran is doing exactly what they are claiming they are, which is to end their reliance on fossil fuels and move towards nuclear power for their nation.

www.aljazeera.com...

Your sources? Nothing as usual, just insane hyperbole and propaganda to scare the masses into accepting war.

edit on 14-3-2015 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2015 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: yourignoranceisbliss

Would you be happy if Iran had a nuke?

How about ISIS?

Should every sovereign nation have nukes?

From your post, I'd say yes.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Would you be happy if Iran had a nuke?

How about ISIS?

Should every sovereign nation have nukes?

From your post, I'd say yes.

Oh, of course, the Israel-US armed "ISIS" dilemma.

ISIS is a sovereign nation now? Did your internet education lead you to that conclusion? No coincidence that ISIS doesn't harass Israel, does it? How much do you get payed to shill up these forums? Did I just earn you 5 cents?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

We're talking about Iran.

if you want to hate on Israel, start another thread.

Tell you what, we'll just wait until another country or sovereign state nukes another population to do something.

Sound good to you?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'd like to add that I find it hilarious that you completely ignored my request for any kind of source in which Iran has been proven to be developing nuclear weapons.

You can't. You never will. Your job here is to scare up the misinformed into supporting Israel further. You're part of the cancer that destroyed this website's community. Pure paid propaganda with no valid source other than an overactive imagination and an agenda.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: yourignoranceisbliss
I'd like to add that I find it hilarious that you completely ignored my request for any kind of source in which Iran has been proven to be developing nuclear weapons.

You can't. You never will. Your job here is to scare up the misinformed into supporting Israel further. You're part of the cancer that destroyed this website's community. Pure paid propaganda with no valid source other than an overactive imagination and an agenda.

And you can't prove that they (Iran) aren't developing nukes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join