It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bobbi Kristina Brown's Boyfriend Nick Gordon "Intervention"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
www.nydailynews.com... r-phil-airs-intervention-nick-gordon-article-1.2146066

In case this was missed, March 4th Nick Gordon, Bobbi Kristina Brown's boyfriend, had "intervention" on live TV on the Dr. Phil Show. This is the sort of thing that makes me question my sanity. Is this kind of thing for real? Is it staged for publicity? How is this allowed on TV at all as a matter of good taste?
I'm at a loss to understand why and how this was allowed to become a thing. Seriously I don't think I have the words to describe or the faculties to understand how an overdose victim/or attempted murder victim could be sensationalized to the point that the story becomes about someone else entirely.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: frostjon361

This morning I saw some clips from this show...and I feel that the young man is having a real nervous breakdown. I personally feel that Dr. Phil should not have aired this particular footage; he just should have privately helped him.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

I'm not sure what to say to that other than why was Dr. Phil even involved? Why not see a real, private counselor if this is a real issue? Why plaster it all over the TV? What's to be gained by airing this?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: frostjon361

The young man is obviously in shock and trauma...he is vulnerable right now...whoever talked him into signing a contract to try and get help...and do it on TV...I think made a wrong decision. Like I said before Dr. Phil should have helped in private.

edit on 2015-03-12T16:09:29-05:00pmThursdaypm1220153America/Chicagopm by caladonea because: edit

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ya, as someone with an anxiety disorder, he was painful to watch. He's a big ball of anxiety and the street drugs and alcohol definitely aren't helping him. He could barely sit still, couldn't stay on topic. Must be horrible to be in his shoes right now. Hope he gets the help he needs.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
What do you honestly expect from Television?

The height of ethics?

Come now ATS, you're not that naive!
& I say that with the upmost confidence.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I personally hate that show, for two main reasons. The first is more superficial, and has to do with Dr. Phil's attitude toward certain individuals. Sometimes this is more understandable, but it just rubs me the wrong way sometimes. Not that big of a deal. But the second thing is much more important, and has to do with the exploitation of personal tragedies for financial gain. Some people go on his show because they want help and cannot afford to get it anywhere else. Their options are limited, and their only real hope is to beg for Dr. Phil's help. But how does he help them? By bringing them on national, maybe international, television, in front of a LIVE AUDIENCE who is encouraged to show their pleasure, but mostly displeasure, which does not help the situation at all. I just cannot fathom how someone who is a doctor, a psychiatrist nonetheless, feels it is okay to exploit people in this manner. Sure these people agree to it, and sometimes they probably could go elsewhere, but it is really bad when desperate people only want help. They care nothing for being on television. Do these people get paid at all? I was thinking they did not, but I don't really know. If not it is probably even worse in terms of exploitation.

As far as the case in question, I do not really see what has gotten everyone so riled up. If it is the exploitation by the Dr. Phil Show then I completely concur, but other than that I do not really see the big deal. It is the same as a myriad of other episodes. People are experiencing or have experienced tragedy, and they are brought on stage and get to tell the world what is going on. Oh, but let's not forget that Dr. Phil's brand of help involves interrupting the guests or "patients" five or six times for commercial breaks. Can you imagine an actual therapist or doctor doing this at such a crucial time, when they are supposed to be helping a person or family? I suppose there might be some upsides to the show, but it is very difficult for me to overlook these negative aspects in favor of whatever positive aspects might be present.

new topics

top topics

join