It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I will vote and how I will try and make a diffrence.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: nonspecific

Without wishing to get rotten tomatoes thrown at me the Green party have some interesting ideas.

Thats my line of thought now. I have not voted for a long time now about i am about to start doing so. The adleast seem to address political points of importance that the other parties seem to skim over. They lack experience but that can come in time..

purp..

All political parties lack experience, David Cameron had no experience running a country before he got the job.

I have long said that a better way would be to employ someone from a smaller country with a proven trtack record than someone who thinks he can do a good job.

To explain my point I will refer you to the English football manager position, do we give it to someone who has great ideas but no experience or do we look to someone that can back up there ideas with a proven track record?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kreinhard
Here in the US I have a simple filter for who gets my vote:

1) No Republicans
2) No Democrats
3) No incumbents
4) No career politicians

My choices are severely limited, but at least I'm not contributing to Business as Usual. As I told my mother years ago, "I've voted for Communist Party nominees. At least they're honest about what their plans are."

Not that any one vote counts for much anyway.

my vote is pretty simple...since I'm in the middle class category, I vote for who will represent me the best, that means no republicans. since I started voting back in the seventies, they have not enacted any legislation that has helped me.
edit on 12-3-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
This is from the UK but this may be something to think about elsewhere.
After much thought here is how I will vote and why I think this is the best way:

Few principles I will go by:
1) Does not matter in the grand scheme who gets in to be prime minister. Cameron or milliband are typical useless politicians

2) All main UK Party's at the core are corrupt useless corporate puppets.

3) Party loyalty is irrelevant.

So what will be my strategy?

Make my decision on a local level.

My suggestion is look at the MP in your area. Forget whether they are conservative, Labor, Lib dem or other. Remove the label.
Look at what THEY as a individual have done and achieved, Look at how they have voted, Look at there back ground, look at how they vote.

Look up these facts about you MP and candidates:

1) Are they old school members of the "establishment"
2) are they old etonites or other private schoolboys/girls?
3) Are they from oxbridge?
4)Do they have links to big corperations?
5) Do they have aristocratic links?
6) Are they capable of independent thinking and vote against there party?
7) How has you areas fared in the recession compared to the rest of the country?
8) Do they ignore facts are common sense?
9) Do they have links to Thatcher and other pedo lovers?
10) How did they fare in the expense scandal?

Again forget their party vote on the person and what there local record is like.

Good idea and good list, thank you and well done.

These days I (AU) tend to vote for the loose cannons, the independents, the micro parties as the seem to be about the best hope for proper change.

PS, stay away from career politicians, they are very much in the business of not rocking the boat.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Thats why I said don't vote for a party. Ignore the party label. Vote for the candidate. And green party lol They are bat # insane , or at least its leader i

voteforpolicies.org.uk...

Green Movement Online survey shows Green Party has most popular policies.

Once more, the excellent folk at ‘Vote For Polices’ have produced a survey encouraging people to do a blind comparison of their beliefs with the policies of the six biggest UK-wide political parties – Labour, Tories, Lib Dems, UKIP, BNP and Greens. And once more

Try it for youself and see what party you are in a blind test..

brightgreenscotland.org...
edit on 13-3-2015 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
You seem to not get my attic

As I said I'm not voting for party's.

I'm voting for my local candidate based purely on ability to do the job in my area.

Does not matter on the grand scale who get in as the main parts are the same.
But it's the local area I can effect.

And no way would I vote for Natalie Bennett for the greens, she falls apart in interviews and makes even camron and millband look competent which means she must be bad!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic

originally posted by: crazyewok
This is from the UK but this may be something to think about elsewhere.
After much thought here is how I will vote and why I think this is the best way:

Few principles I will go by:
1) Does not matter in the grand scheme who gets in to be prime minister. Cameron or milliband are typical useless politicians

2) All main UK Party's at the core are corrupt useless corporate puppets.

3) Party loyalty is irrelevant.

So what will be my strategy?

Make my decision on a local level.

My suggestion is look at the MP in your area. Forget whether they are conservative, Labor, Lib dem or other. Remove the label.
Look at what THEY as a individual have done and achieved, Look at how they have voted, Look at there back ground, look at how they vote.

Look up these facts about you MP and candidates:

1) Are they old school members of the "establishment"
2) are they old etonites or other private schoolboys/girls?
3) Are they from oxbridge?
4)Do they have links to big corperations?
5) Do they have aristocratic links?
6) Are they capable of independent thinking and vote against there party?
7) How has you areas fared in the recession compared to the rest of the country?
8) Do they ignore facts are common sense?
9) Do they have links to Thatcher and other pedo lovers?
10) How did they fare in the expense scandal?

Again forget their party vote on the person and what there local record is like.

Good idea and good list, thank you and well done.

These days I (AU) tend to vote for the loose cannons, the independents, the micro parties as the seem to be about the best hope for proper change.

PS, stay away from career politicians, they are very much in the business

of not rocking the boat.

I agree I think career politicians are a cancer in most our western country's

Specifically the private schooled priveaged back ground types.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join