It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's at the bottom of the deepest hole on Earth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

And a building contract!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

I'm thinkin' not....if you take the circumference of the earth (24,900 miles) and divide by Pi (3.14), you'd get the diameter (7920 miles ) divided by 2 would give distance from surface to the core ( 3960 miles ).

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
put a pipe down it to put water to the bottom.
180'c you have steam power!!!
free to.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I found it interesting about the temperature at the bottom, and really like mentioned, is only a scratch.
We certainly do live on the boundary of life or death. Perspective.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Well this points out that our measurements could be quite far off, but the layers of the earth were determined with other sciences, most notably, sonic resonance, or sonar, but considering that they were so far off on the temperatures and consistency of materials at even 12 km, this brings into question how far off, all the other estimates have been as well.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

More ideally would to drill a second hole at an angle meeting somewhere below 12KM. You pump water through the first hole allowing it to vent up the second hole and THEN you have thermoelectric power.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

Hell is a myth. Hades != Hell

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
put a pipe down it to put water to the bottom.
180'c you have steam power!!!
free to.

Sure it's all free actually, but get a corporation involved, a grid set up, meters involved and whalla we have a utility company.

Greed and control is the problem there.

but your idea is a good one.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
That's a deep hole. Jimmy Hoffa could be down there for all we know.

At the risk of sounding stupid, the guy said at the end of the video that we had never dug down this deep before then continued to say how deep each section of earth is and how far it is to the core. I'm curious as to how we know that when this is the furthest we've ever been down before?? How can we have measured each section accurately or even know there aren't more or less? Is it just approximated from the measurements we have of the surface here?

It's early and maybe something isn't clicking in my brain yet making me miss something obvious, but I just can't grasp how we know without actually going deeper...

Not necessarily posted to you OP. Just thoughts on it. It's still pretty neat and I would like to see someone pick this up in the future when we have invented something that will make it feasible to go further.

These are the most amazing theories that seemingly go unnoticed and are taught as FACTS.

None of what they say has ever been proven, they do not know a dam thing about this planet or ANY OTHER.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join