It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race is no longer a significant issue in modern Britain?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm going to take the unusual step and plunge in after reading just the OP, so..........?

I despise the influence the politically correct have and the vast majority of their ramblings and interfering.

Despite being a most distrustful individual I must admit to a grudging admiration for Farage at times, especially considering his speeches in the EU Parliament where he pulls no punches.

More importantly, and perhaps relevant, I truly hate racism whatever shape or form it takes.

And I hate the demonization and immediate labelling as racist anyone who expresses English and / or British nationalist views.

But I've got to say that though great improvements have been made within UK society with regards to inherent racism anyone who believes that racism has been virtually eliminated or is 'irrelevant' must be living in a completely different world to the one which I do.

The whining of the politically correct truly boils my piss and is probably now proving counter productive in the fight against racism and the PC Brigade are probably one of the best adverts for Farage and his UKIP party.

Now to read the rest of the thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well, I see there's a lot of people who are incapable of differentiating between racism and immigration.

I really couldn't give a toss what race, colour or creed a person is.
All I care about is that they are willing to work hard, integrate and offer something positive to UK society and culture.
Throughout the years Britain has been enhanced and continued to grow and develop thanks partly due to the influx of different cultures etc.

Judging someone solely by the colour of their skin is abhorrent.

But none of that means that I support the open door immigration policy that this government and the ones preceding it have implemented and enforced.

I imagine that there's some here who will convince themselves that I am in fact racist.....if only they knew how ridiculous that accusation would be.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Well, I see there's a lot of people who are incapable of differentiating between racism and immigration.

I really couldn't give a toss what race, colour or creed a person is.
All I care about is that they are willing to work hard, integrate and offer something positive to UK society and culture.
Throughout the years Britain has been enhanced and continued to grow and develop thanks partly due to the influx of different cultures etc.

Judging someone solely by the colour of their skin is abhorrent.

But none of that means that I support the open door immigration policy that this government and the ones preceding it have implemented and enforced.

I imagine that there's some here who will convince themselves that I am in fact racist.....if only they knew how ridiculous that accusation would be.

Thing is Freeborn, race doesn't mean skin colour, and if Farage means he doesn't care about the colour of someones skin that's nice (but should be fairly much a pre-requisite to hold his bloody job in the first place), but it's not the point. If he complains about Polish people, and by fairly obvious extension, people of Polish descent - isn't that also racist?

I also agree though that immigration should be controlled, and for all those who love to kick the current government, at least they will face that rather than the last lot who wouldn't discuss it. Not sure why you say this government enforces it apart from the fact that if it's immigration from within the EU it's the actual law - you don't like it, then hope you get a PM that will allow a referendum.

Farage and his speeches in EU government? He comes out with a lot of rhetoric, but it's pointless - he doesn't take part in any votes!!!! What is the point of that?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

That's a fair point, I often wonder if I unfairly tar people with the racist brush when they raise genuine concerns about immigration. One problem is, though... when we become embroiled in a war and then have to accept refugees.

In any case, I am most definitely incapable of differentiating between textbook politics and outright buffoonery when it comes from Farage.

edit on 13-3-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join