It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Chief: Put CCTV in EVERY Home

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You know i just moved into a house and wad debating putting a system in and you mihht have answered my question .. buy the problem is is that self defense is not illegal unless... reply to: Metallicus

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well, if they want to watch us guys pee in the woods it's all right as long as they don't start giving us tickets for it. Thank god I live in a little rural area of the UP. My brother has hooked up some cameras to a computer system with a forty eight hour loop to watch over his place, so far nobody has did anything wrong where the cameras are. It seems that the people who steal know how to look for cameras and it just changes the way they break in.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
No doubt they'd be recommending an IP based CCTV solution too, using ACPO approved IP cameras (with built-in microphones) that will fit nicely on your already compromised home network.

They'll all need to be mini PTZ cameras too, in order for the GCHQ voyeurs to scan around looking for naked chicks.

Of course, if we stated we'd like to set up surveillance on the idiots who come up with this garbage, on a 24x7 basis, watching them, following them and their families everywhere they go, they'd soon have us locked up.

It's a funny old world!

Once the houses are equipped with CCTV, anything can happen.

There is no privacy in Tech Driven monitoring devices. ANYONE can gain access if the desire is there. Criminals or cops.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

One of my favourite avatars!

Yeah, he's advising 'private CCTV' and this generally involves paying a private company to store it. The cameras are motion-triggered and then whatever is recorded is stored off-site at a price. If you think about it, burglars would just steal the set-top box that stored the data and make cameras redundant.

Footage has to be stored at an unknown location...not in the shed, garage or spare room.

'Private CCTV is completely unregulated. Recommending greater use of CCTV to gather more images of people's faces – often innocent people's faces – undermines the security of each and every one of us.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The industry isn't 'completely unregulated.' It's in its infancy with no great checks and balances that define who owns the footage and no definitive framework for who accesses the footage.

Police are salivating: www.abc.net.au...

Register your private CCTV with police? Why Not? www.securitynewsdesk.com...

If they can access your business CCTV, why not your home as well?

52 city cruisers, and formed a partnership with a New York City security company that could allow detectives to view live feeds from security cameras at private businesses around the city, Booker and Police Director Samuel DeMaio said during a press conference this morning. www.cctvcorp.com...

And so much more. Just use "access private cctv" in google.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Yeah it's about ownership.

A family living in a high-crime area could find reassurance in a home-CCTV system. Insurance companies might offer lower premiums etc.

The reality is never knowing who has access to the CCTV, whether the servers are secure, if law enforcement can tap it or if you ever own the footage within that small castle we call home.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
They can take their creepy pedaephilic eyes off our homes and away from our children. PERIOD. This isn't written to every cop, but those who take advantage of surveillance of citizens.
edit on 10-3-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have a far better solution to home security:

- It works around the clock, 24/7, 365 days a year
- It forewarns you of anyone lurking around your home instantly
- It doesn't require batteries
- It doesn't depend on the power grid to work
- It's uber cheap and easy to maintain
- It doubles as a friendly, loyal companion
- It has four legs, a fur coat, and big lovable eyes
- It's bark is worse than it's bite
- When a burglar hears the sound it makes, they tend to choose a different house to invade
- The only peripherals required are a couple of food dishes, a leash and collar, a squeaky toy, and maybe a rawhide or two

Can you guess what home security system it is ?

edit on 10-3-2015 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
To be honest I have an Xbox one Kinect in my home, so this technology could already be used for spying purposes, and quite frankly I don't really care.

I think it's probably the best idea since sliced bread.

You could commit the most heinous act in front of a camera, and unless someone is watching, you will never be brought to justice.

Think about it, there are tens of millions of people to keep tabs on, no one can be watching everyone at every point in time. The people that they will watch are the people they expect to commit such acts. They won't be watching you, or me, we're not that special.
edit on 10-3-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
These sneaky B**%$#^S are smart.....gotta give them credit for that.

Personally, I won't but, I can see how they appeal to the majority of society.

"Ooohhh, if you don't install a camera...how can we possibly help if your home is attacked"?

"If you don't install a camera, it's your own fault!!!" Stupid non-conformist"! "You deserve it"!

"If only you installed that camera.......

"Well, at least then we could have tried."

"You really should reconsider installing a camera in case this happens again."

Uh huh.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
I have a far better solution to home security:

- It works around the clock, 24/7, 365 days a year
- It forewarns you of anyone lurking around your home instantly
- It doesn't require batteries
- It doesn't depend on the power grid to work
- It's uber cheap and easy to maintain
- It doubles as a friendly, loyal companion
- It has four legs, a fur coat, and big lovable eyes
- It's bark is worse than it's bite
- When a burglar hears the sound it makes, they tend to choose a different house to invade
- The only peripherals required are a couple of food dishes, a leash and collar, a squeaky toy, and maybe a rawhide or two

Can you guess what home security system it is ?

Yep, and I have four of them! They are great!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

They don't last long enough. One reason I'm getting a camera system.
I need to grow a new guardian. My little dog just sounds little. My big guy sounded so big.

I'm thinking Great Pyrenees this time...they're really big and bred for guarding.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at the title and wondered
if it was a re-hash of the Houston Police Chief in '05 or so. Wrong
I was, surprised not am I. Ears go back, hair stands up not from fear.

This is exactly th e reason I'm running XP Pro32 on an antique AMD
until the CPU fan gives it up. No cameras, no speaker flashback to
a bug sending things back upstream. As if my coming here to spit
cobra juice hasn't got me a permanent rocket sled ticket to Valhalla...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Unfortunately can see the masses backing this UK now as a test or even US in the future. What cheaper insurance? Sure, it's a deal. Lacking alternatives to home security? Okay, landlords won't allow a dog nor can I have a firearm. How about your own camera system(which of course, by far, is safer)? Nah, our CCTV system(law enforcement/intelligence integrated) has better benefits.

Plus it's the posh bourgeoisie thing to be on camera with all those reality TV stars and the selfie generation. Can't wait to integrate it into Facebook or at least allow hackers easy convenience to the cameras. Let's see how fast security measures become a risk!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
SMOKE AND MIRRORS AGAIN............THEY REALLY NEED INTERPOLS ACCESS TO ALL FBI AND CIA FILES..............and our EXCUSE whats a matter FBI AND CIA with ANOTHER POLICE AGENCY REVIEWING YOUR CORRUPTION INSIDE THE USA................and the real reason THE FBI AND CIA WANNA SAY NO-----is they claim JURISDICTION........WELL IF THE FBI WANTS OUR LIBERTIES.......THEN WHY WONT THE FBI AND THE CIA GIVE IT UP TO ---------INTERPOL----AM I RIGHT ...................ITS TIME FOR INTERPOL TO BE GRANTED FULL ACCESS TO FBI AND CIA FILES.............ITS A GO.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

As much as I value my dog, he was no help when my home was being targeted by anti-social young adults. I'd upset a group of lads by telling them they weren't welcome to smoke strong-smelling pot right outside my front door, even if it did have the best shelter from the wind and rain. They took great umbrage to this and went away, found some stones and broke the windows in 2 of my rooms. Had there been some kind of cctv available, I could have looked at it and had an immediate idea of the sizes and mannerisms of these clowns, rather than be suspecting every twat I encountered wearing the typical hoody/casual clothing outfit they wear.

Instead I had to wait until they confronted me on the streets in broad daylight, note which one seemed to think he was the dog's bollocks, then remind him he wasn't when I eventually met him without his full posse behind him. The kicking he got was enough for him to check out who he was dealing with, and remind his mates not to wind me up, as I'd go straight to the guy I'd beat up every time and take it out on him.

I wouldn't want cctv to hand footage to the police.
edit on 11-3-2015 by IvanAstikov because: stupid keyboar

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Hows the progressive mindset and ideals working out for you guys and gals in the UK. And before you say this is not progressive ideals........You are wrong.

Progressives put the rights of the masses before individual rights......If you cannot connect the dots....I feel for ya.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
When I was a criminally active arsehole, the risk of getting caught would have had to be "very near certainty" to have put me off, and from experience, I know that applies to all but the slightly deranged or psychotic criminal. Had I known back then that for me to get from A to B(my crime location) and back, I'd have to wear a mask and disposable clothing everytime, I'd have been a far less active thief.
edit on 11-3-2015 by IvanAstikov because: ttttypo

edit on 11-3-2015 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I am from Canada...Living in the UK now for 14yrs ....When i got here i could not believe how much the brits take it up the a$$(no offense)...and metephorically speaking of course.

This is the closet thing to a Totalitarian country i have been in(Lived in a good few)...New Zealand i would consider a close second..I know i will be thought of as nuts for saying this...but it is my personal observation...I would imagine that norway and sweden are up the scale as well but i cannot speak on them.

The cameras around england are EVERYWHERE already under the guise of saftey....getting tired of new laws ...demonising people for breathing .....i found mexico to be a very free society ....yes there are crimes...but crime can be avoided through individual caution not government interference in everything for our own safety.

This fear of everything needs to stop...stop being afraid...it gets used against us all the time to exert more controls and more laws upon us all.

I feel safer on the streets of mexico than i do on the streets of detroit by ten thousand percent.

Just know what is going and blindly walking into the front door will have it shutting tight behind you if we all are not careful...everything seems to be to divides us scares us and keep the good little slaves in their HOMES....where they are easy to control and monitor ....evything thing is being geared to keep us in our homes so we do not got out into the world....

So my avdice is to get outdoors into the great world and stay off radar....get out of the cities....get out of our pens.....escape nowwwwwwwwwww.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

A lot of idiots will take it up then the insurance companies will offer you a 5% discount if you have one or more CCTTC rigged up to the local police station. idiots are born every day.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I guess at least in the States when the police storm into your house unannounced and shoot you for "advancing" you've got it all on camera.
as long as the CCTV sytem is internal i dont see how it would be a problem for spying.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join