It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2015 F-22 flight demo schedule...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Happy day!

The F-22 demo schedule is out.

Sammamish Man will be happy with a demo scheduled Aug. 1 and 2, probably at Sea fair and I finally get the demo at Abbotsford airshow Aug. 8,9.

With luck, I will get some fly-overs in the days before the show right over our house in Washington. (the south end of the Abbotsford air field is about 50 feet from the U.S. border)...

Only one outside N.A. display scheduled so far. South Korea in late Oct.
www.acc.af.mil...
edit on 9-3-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

DUDE! You just made my son and I's day! Oh, yeah!

That's definitely Sea Fair in Seattle.
edit on 9-3-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Cool, I like giving good news. I'm smiling with you..

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I'll be doing my best to head to Grand Rapids for that! Thanks for sharing!

Looking forward to Thunder Over Michigan too! No F-22, but the Blue Angels are back again this year. When I lived just south of Willow Run it was a blast. I would kayak in Belleville Lake and watch them practice in the week leading up to the show. They did a bunch of low level passes (500 AGL) right down the lake. So awesome to watch!
edit on 3/9/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Put Kalamazoo instead of Grand Rapids. I always get those two mixed up.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is great. With this thread I know which shows you guys are going to and which are safe for me to go to.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Good. Your not invited anyways.......

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Lol... Going to Airventure this year? Not sure if the schedule will allow it, but I'm going to shoot for that one too. Just a fair warning.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Take some vids, if you can, and share them..

Either way, let us know your thoughts on the performance.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Definitely. Back when I lived in Belleville I didn't have much in the way of a camera. Just a Canon point and shoot. Now I have a (slightly dated and abused) Nikon D5000 DSLR with a fair assortment of lenses. Should make for some good images. Nothing terribly professional, but still fun to play around with.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I don't know which one we're gonna try for this year. Have a summer trip planned, and a certain end of the year event. So it'll depend on those.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You could always ask for a load the fits a scheduled event....

edit on 9-3-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

We'll just do what we always do and put in for home time ahead of it for that location. Hey there two days ahead and leave the day after.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Here are some pictures from Thunder Over Michigan 2010. A few are from the fly-in the day before. I got there late, so I missed a lot of the neat stuff coming in. The camera was a lot less dirty and slightly less abused then.

I have pictures from 2012 or 2013 somewhere, but I think they're on the desktop (which is having connectivity issues with my network). They're from whenever they had the B-2 and B-52 flyovers. Can't remember which year, but I wasn't able to make it last year.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Did you see the pic recently of the B-17 next to the YB-52? The -17 was considered one of the bigger bombers in WWII, so they put it next to a -52 for a size comparison.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

This picture?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I don't recognize the first picture. A Mig-23?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

MiG-21. The same guy also owns this MiG-17. He flies them out of Pontiac airport, I believe.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The real show stopper for me was John Mohr's Stearman. He was amazing. Here's a video from him at the 2012 Battle Creek Air Show (not my video).

You can see more information on his website.

On a somewhat sad note, he was also the pilot of the Stearman when the wing walker died a few years back at the Selfridge Airshow. The wing walker was attempting to transfer from the Stearman to a helicopter in flight. The stunt had worked well at previous shows, including the day before.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

That's the one.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hell yeah!!!!

Chino May 2nd & 3rd!!!!! Now to see how I'm getting there without a car.

Hey if anybody reading this sees a hobbit hitch hiking on the side of the road holding a sign saying "I wanna see the F-22's!! Chino or bust" on May 2nd or 3rd, that's ME! Pick me up.

No intentionally swerving to hit me guys.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join