It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Christie Caught Stealing $1 Billion From Pensions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I'm sure it may since this is right up his alley.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So this Mr. Christie is not a stand up guy?

Wonder if this was so he could pay for paling around with ole jerry jones during the cowboys playoff run

And of course he won't see as much as a day in court let alone jail, he will just poof for a bit as they sweep this under the rug.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Never heard of him but will he get jail for this?.

Are you mad?

He is a US politician!

He wont see a day in jail.

Worst he will get is a nice early retirement and earn millions on the consulting and lecturing circuit.

US politicians and those working for them have done far far worse and have walked free.

edit on 8-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Christie gives an extra $914 million to a company,
When he runs for president, this company gives him his cut in the form of a campaign contribution
The circle is complete..

Unfortunately because of a law we have in the US ( Citizens United)
The company will do this anonymously
No jail

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Ask Rod Blagoavich or Ryan or maybe Jessie Jackson Jr. if American politicians go to jail.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
As a New Jersey resident I think it is obscene that 10% of our $33 billion budget is being mandated to go for state employee pensions. This combined with our outrageous property taxes are two of the main reasons people are leaving the state in droves.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Ask Rod Blagoavich or Ryan or maybe Jessie Jackson Jr. if American politicians go to jail.

Ok fair enough.

But there are many who should of gone to jail but weddled out as well.

I guess its down to who has the best lawyer and most powerful friends.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm no Christie fan at all, but the OP, especially the title, is disingenuous at best. The money isn't in Christie's personal bank account and this has happened multiple times across the nation. Look at Detroit or Chicago for examples. Heck look at the Social Security system for the best example. That money was taken from Peter to pay Paul because there just isn't enough to satisfy the handouts all these slimy politicians use as bait for votes. The system is totally broken.

I'm sure this will be the thrust of the news for quite a while in order to drown out the news about Clinton's illegal actions. I care not that they want to throw Christie under the bus. I hope they all get run over by the same bus. I don't believe that the OP and many jumping on his bandwagon feel the same. Their partisanship is glaring.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

He's a politician the laws don't apply to him like they do the rest of us. We have two justice systems in the U.S., one for government officials, bankers, corporation and the rich, and one for us insignificant citizens.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This is indicative of this corrupt politician.

And to think the stupid voters in American (like the stupid assess of NJ who voted this con man in and now are sorry for it) were ready to make him president!

This corpulent crook and sinister corrupt tyrant has done so many corrupt actions including the bridge fiasco that for him to be still a viable candidate in the GOP primaries is despicable.

This politician has gutted the schools, made NJ credit rating take a dive, and lied and deceived the unions by reneging on a deal to save money.

All because he won't raise taxes( it has to be done when its needed) but won't because it will go against GOP dogma.

So just like the GOP fanatic in Kansas NJ is going down...down...and down all because of GOP dogma

edit on 8-3-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

link   
what a joke chrisie is... so many scandals.... how is he still in office?

link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

I'm no Christie fan at all, but the OP, especially the title, is disingenuous at best. The money isn't in Christie's personal bank account and this has happened multiple times across the nation.

What also failed to get mentioned is that this pension issue is a long brewing problem that previous governors had acquiesced to the demands of public unions that did not want to contribute to their pensions the same way private unions or citizens do in their financial dealings.

The can has be kicked down the road so many times that it is not at the breaking point. New Jersey cannot afford these contributions without seriously increasing taxes or further cutting of services, neither of which is a particularly viable option in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Oh I disagree. No one ever said all that money went into his own personal bank account but you. Even the title doesn't suggest that. It says he stole billions from pensions and that's exactly what he did. It's all explained in the video and many links below it where the money went to. Did Christy benefit from this? Of course he did because he didn't do this out of the kindness of his heart.
edit on 8-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

We just had a congressman get reelected in NY in the middle of 20 something federal charges.
www.reuters.com...
He did resign afterwards though, so I guess there is that.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Swills

Here's a thought.

Ben Swann is a member of ATS now, with a joint venture. Investigative Journalism at it's finest.

Why don't you send them a PM with the link to this thread? Maybe it'll be interesting enough for him to bite on it?

~Tenth

I would totally love to see that!

Let's just say corruption in the Christie administration would not surprise me in the least, given the bridge, the hurricane funds, etc. So far nothing seems to stick...even when it seems like it should.

link   

originally posted by: Swills

Oh I disagree. No one ever said all that money went into his own personal bank account but you. Even the title doesn't suggest that. It says he stole billions from pensions and that's exactly what he did. It's all explained in the video and many links below it where the money went to. Did Christy benefit from this? Of course he did because he didn't do this out of the kindness of his heart.
Nice try. You need to change the title of your thread. It's patently false.

link   

originally posted by: Swills

It says he stole billions from pensions and that's exactly what he did. It's all explained in the video and many links below it where the money went to. Did Christy benefit from this? Of course he did because he didn't do this out of the kindness of his heart.

I think you need to reread those articles. Their was never any money 'stolen', it was never added to the budget as Christie used a line item veto to prevent it from being included in the budget passed by the state legislature.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
Christie is your typical slime ball politician who serves only himself and his interests. Not surprised by this in any way actually. Can't believe this guy is going to be a possible candidate in 2016.

thats more scary then my worst nightmare

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Kicked down the road?

Why don’t we tell people how the pension got screwed up in the first place

And that Christie already made a deal with the democratic legislators on this pension THAT HE RENEGED ON!

The pension GOT GUTTED BY GOP GOVERNOR CHRISTINE WHITMAN!

The same lady who told the now cancer ridden people from ground zero

THAT THE AIR WAS GOOD!

FROM 1995

www.nytimes.com... Over the past 25 years the State of New Jersey has struggled, under a succession of Democratic and Republican governors, to reverse a social and economic decline that, by the 1960's, had hit many Northeastern industrial areas. Difficult budget decisions were made, often at significant political cost. But the benefits for New Jersey residents were many. A vastly improved higher education system was developed and state aid to local public schools surged. The environment was cleaned up. Mass transit was improved. The state's budget was balanced without gimmicks and its credit rating was triple-A. There is a strong link between those developments and the fact that New Jersey residents today are among the best educated in the country, and rank near the top in per-capita income. Now many of the gains made over a quarter of a century are in danger of slipping away because the current Governor, Christine Todd Whitman, has chosen to finance her political ambitions with a popular buy-now, pay-later economic policy that will place a financial stranglehold on future generations of New Jerseyans. This is best illustrated by Mrs. Whitman's decision to withhold billions of dollars that should be going into the public employee pension funds over the next few years, and using the bulk of that money to balance the state budget. Then, with an audacity that dazzles her supporters and even draws grudging admiration from opponents, Mrs. Whitman smiles and characterizes the withheld funds as savings.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Nice try? I don't think so. I'm not changing the title so if you want it changed then press the alert button and see what happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join