It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Years later, what is your assessment of William Cooper (Behold a Pale Horse; Mystery Babylon)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I read the book, skipping the economics chapters. It just seems like a compendium of other people's ideas and work.

Other than that, WC is quite a folk hero, and should be regarded that way.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Like Paul Bunyan?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

originally posted by: FurvusRexCaeli

originally posted by: muchmadness
I'm not sure what to think of William Cooper, but he predicted - shortly before 9/11 - that there would be a significant event blamed on Osama bin Laden in the near future.

Why? Everybody made that prediction. .

really? who else?

Rick Rescorla

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: muchmadness
Yep he most certainly did, that's true, its proven, he said it on the radio like six weeks before it happened. Others may have said it too , I don't know if they said it in a radio broadcast, maybe they did ?
edit on 7-3-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: FlyingFox

Like Paul Bunyan?

No...more like you old man.

OP:

Like most making money off their rehtoric, credibility is ambiguous. Par for the course...

Take in the good, disregard the rest.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

YEP us 7th Cav troopers LOVE to expose the truth as we see it.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I have a theory that the powers that be will never allow truly damaging secret information to get out to the public UNLESS it is accompanied with the crazy loon factor. In many ways, that is how I read Mr Cooper's works. Behold a Pale Horse is a damn fine read, if you read what's between the ET crazy loon stuff.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That's how I feel too. I gladly welcomed William Cooper's later stance, from propagating actual ETs, to instead, promoting a man-made, false-flag alien agenda to usher-in the One World Government.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I have a theory that the powers that be will never allow truly damaging secret information to get out to the public UNLESS it is accompanied with the crazy loon factor. In many ways, that is how I read Mr Cooper's works. Behold a Pale Horse is a damn fine read, if you read what's between the ET crazy loon stuff.

Interesting.

Now, in this model of yours would the government purposefully issue such info, veiled or diluted by crazy stuff? Or, do you mean that they let the people that have a mixture of crazy and truth to do their thing, perhaps someone like Cooper and Icke?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Mostly that they will only allow the folks who mix a sufficient amount of crazy in there to let anything important slip out. I don't think the government neccesarily *wants* any of the secrets to get out, but it's less dangerous to them if the crazy guy screaming "The end of the world is nigh!" who the average person will immediately dismiss as a lunatic is the person letting secrets out. That is why Ed Snowden represented a HUGE "Oh s#@$" moment for the US government. Very little of what Snowden "exposed" was new information that was unknown... but it was exposed by a clean cut, normal guy so people listened. Suddenly it wasn't a Jeff Rense, screaming Alex Jones, or the she-male transvestite soldier guy that was telling the people the CIA and NSA were out of control. Guaranteed, if they could have shut Snowden up we'd have seen photos of Snowden dressed like Big Bird throwing the Hitler salute and talking to his cookware because crazy allows secrets to be easily dismissed.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Having recently re-read Behold A Pale Horse I would say that what Cooper predicted has not come true. Law enforcement reaction to a series of riots over police shootings has proven this. There was no effort at any time by state and federal authorities to effectively control civil unrest.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join