It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your favorite Occultist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I asked this question in the "Get to know each other thread", but I would really like to know the answer from more than just one person, so I thought I'd make it a thread.

So, who is your favorite occultist, magician, adept, mystic, etc?
Is it Gurdjieff? Crowley? Paracelsus? Phythagoras? Nostradamus? Cornelius Agrippa? John Dee? Mm Blavatsky? Casanova? Eliphas Levi? Cagliostro? Someone else? (can't name them all)

I would like to know who his your favorite, who (in your opinion) is the most worth knowing about, and if you want, a few words why u think so.

I think I have a little thing for Gurdjieff, but I still consider my-self pretty new to all this stuff, and my opinion is kinda biased, since Gurdjieff is obviously the favorite occultist of the author of the book I'm reading right now.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Crowley is by far the most intriguing one...imho...

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Nostradamus is definitely interesting because of the time he lived in. As far as contemporary (well, almost contemporary) occultists are concerned, Crowley has to be one of the most intruguing. I once drove past his old place, Boleskine (near Loch Ness), and although it's now a hotel its still as spooky as hell.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
My favorite is David Koresh. 2 reasons:

1. Events around him shows how screwed up military tatics are at times.

2. I get this awful joke because of him.....: What happens when you cross David Koresh with Jeffrey Dahmer?

Yuo get the "Brunch Davidian"

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I think Jim Jones is probably by far the most intriguing and also scary occultist. November 18, 1978 The mass suicide in Jonestown happened the same year I was born. Creepy!

top topics

join