It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Man On Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The Last Man On Earth IMDb

Anyone else watch this show Sunday night?

I thought it was relatively funny. They had some good gags throughout Sunday's one hour premier on FOX. Some of the better ones had me laughing out loud, for example when Will Forte's character, Phil, feels like entering a store or the like he uses his gun to just shoot the window out and walk in. I hope that turns out to be a running joke in the series, if it picks up any traction.

The concept is simple. A virus sweeps the USA, presumably the world, leaving only one man alive. He travels the country looking for signs of life but finds none. He returns home to Tuscon after leaving the phrase "alive in Tuscon" on road signs. After some hilarity involving an awkward moment with a store front mannequin, a group of balls with faces drawn on them, a toilet pool and a rousing game of car bowling, Phil passes some five months or more before deciding, while wallowing in his handy margarita pool, that he can no longer survive the loneliness of life as The Last Man On Earth. So he drives out to the desert, paints a huge bulls-eye target on a rock and prepares to end his lonely existence. As Phil is barreling toward the target he notices a waft of smoke on the horizon and quickly averts his vehicle from danger and heads toward the smoke in an attempt to locate the source. He locates a camp and finds, to his astonishment, a women's undergarment. Creepily, he sniffs the bra but is confronted by the braziers owner, whereupon Phil loses consciousness. After a rather nicely executed bait and switch, involving a beautiful woman, Phil wakes to a bedraggled Carol (deftly played by Kristen Schaal), the supposed Last Woman On Earth. After quite a lot of comedic moments revolving around an odd couple-esque second episode the two survivors reconcile their differences when Phil finds Carol contsructing her own toilet pool next door, a task she vowed to never undertake. Phil manages to bring water to their neighborhood with a duct-taped hose contraption supported by Phil's destroyed Jenga tower. With a source of water the two of them now have the means of growing delicious tomatoes for sustenance.

Overall I enjoyed the show and thought that it was well executed and well written with plenty of jokes. I look forward to this Sunday's episode.
edit on Cpm10Tuesday3420154931Tue, 03 Mar 2015 22:34:49 -06002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: Time Travel is real

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
my fiance and I also enjoyed it

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Oh yes I just watched it had it recorded. I thought it was funny as hell, cant wait for the next episode.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
My husband and I both chuckled all the way through it! Can't wait for more!

Love the rare collections he gathered up

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
An hour long sitcom? Big gamble.
With no laugh tracks to tell people when to laugh? Big gamble too.
Like taking two strikes and hitting the third out of the park.
Funny funny show. The gal is insane. And he is now married to her.
My wife and I are looking forward to next week also.
Whether or not it can keep up the funny pace remains to be seen.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I watched it. Surprised to see he found a mate less than 25 minutes into the series. It will be interesting to see where they take this. I'm pleased to know that Kristen Schaal(Bob's Burgers; The Heart, She Holler) is Will Forte's neighbor/love interest. I'm holding off voicing my opinion, but I'll be watching.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

well, to be fair its run time is actually 30 min. not an hour, they just played two back to back episodes that blended really nicely into an hour long premier.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: StopLookingAtMe

I thought it was weird that they did that so soon too. It makes sense though. It would be hard to make a show with just Will Forte talking to a bunch of balls while wallowing in his margarita pool. Plus Kristen Schaal is awesome.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I saw the preview for it. It looked funny.

At first, the title made me think of The Last Man on Earth.

There's a movie called The Last Woman on Earth, too. Sorry to go off topic like that but when you said "the supposed Last Woman On Earth" it kind of clicked in my head. I'll have to check it out if The Walking Dead isn't on at the same time.

new topics

top topics

join