It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway Just Deported 824 Muslims

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This thread is F****** embarrassing. Try verifying the source before you open up a champagne!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

30 flags does seem a little bit excessive for a steaming pile like this....

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I wondered when this would start happening. Not sure how I feel about it. I see both sides. I can see the destabilization of native culture or values by people who wholesale reject it and I can see the risk of discrimination and nationalism.

ETA: So the sources are all wonky? Just hyperbole....

edit on 2/28/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If only in America...wishing thinking, anyway.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: mekhanics

30 flags does seem a little bit excessive for a steaming pile like this....

With the Islamophobes on this site you can get that just for this title alone.

Deported 824 Muslims

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Absolutely Buster...
It had crossed my mind...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
That's funny, no mentioning of racism from the replies, only in the article, if it said they deported Blacks it would be different. If Ron Paul wrote the article you all would cry racism.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

is that the actual name of the political party, the logical party? I love it

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

For some reason the first thing that popped into my head after reading this thread title was an old joke.
Q: "What do you call 1,000 lawyers chained together at the bottom of the sea?"
A: "A good start!"

All joking aside, it's good to see at least one country being proactive and attempting to protect its law-abiding citizens -- be they of Muslim faith or not.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
If there are any young people currently studying 20th century history, who wonder how good german people could have supported the holocaust this thread should provide you with valuable reading to explain how easily these things could happen again. Goebbells Would be proud.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Ok.

So we have a single article, with no direct sources given, making a claim that isn't verifiable.

And people want to believe it.

As woodward pointed out above, this is the kind of article that would not be out of place in 1930's Nazi Germany, coming from Goebbels.

You folks do realise, that anyone here, or elsewhere, could start their own site, or blog, and claim that 824 Christians/Hindu's/Sikhs/Zorastorians etc were deported from Norway, don't you?

You do realise that?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore
824 people were probally deported from norway but they certainly were not all muslum but were criminals and those trying to flout norways immigration laws. I fully support a counties right to deport criminals and those that they have good reason to believe will be criminals from entering thier country. No country should be abliged to take criminals that would rape, behead or kill its citizens, cause terrorist acts, set up drug dealing networks, scams to rip of its citizens or be involved in money laundering etc. Immigrants that want to contribute to society and would become peaceful productive members of that society no matter what there peaceful religious views are would be totally welcome. This includes muslums, hindis, taoists, budists and jews.

edit on 1-3-2015 by Qspeedyrock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I read about this couple weeks ago.

Good.

But I hope they didn't deport the to the UK!!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

The UK will be next to sort this problem out. Oh hang on.. No they won't...

They will always use the "contribution" to society immigration Trojan horse line..again!!!

People are loyal to their faith before country for the most part. I know I am.

Regards

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Hi, I'm new here and your thread made me want to sign up. I'm Norwegian so I thought I'd have my say. When arbeiderpartiet was in charge under Jens Stoltenberg, the immigration system was in shambles. I don't know if if was in shambles on purpose, or ignorance, probably both.

We'd take in various immigrants for various reasons (asylum, immigration etc.) no matter where they came from with or without documentation of where they came from. It was a free-for-all. It took forever to go through these immigrants backgrounds to see who had a valid reason for staying, so long in fact thanks to the convoluted immigration system that several years had passed and they were (for the most part) allowed to stay. Even if they lied to get into Norway, just because Jens Stoltenberg took forever in setting up a system (or setting up resources rather for the system in place) that the government "took pity" on them and their case which took so long to process.

Many immigrants knew this thanks to word of mouth from those who came before them, that the system took so long and that they would more than likely get to stay if the government couldn't prove they needed asylum or not within a reasonable time. So many of the immigrants friends would come to Norway via plane, and end up ditching their passports as soon as they arrived and then go claim asylum as a "papirløs flyktning" (paperless asylum seeker). This made it EXTREMELY difficult for the government to figure out who these people were, and has helped the immigrants to stay in Norway.

Many really disliked Jens Stoltenbergs "open border" policy (which is what many of us called it) and hence why the current party got into office.

And yes, the crime rates are slowly starting to decline. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that for every year we allowed a virtually unchecked immigration to take place, the crime statistics would rise. And it's not like we norwegians became extra violent for each year that passed either.

We have a very poor integration system. Blend that together with immigrants who do not want to integrate and you end up having certain places in Oslo where immigrants who have lived in Norway for 10+ years can't speak any Norwegian at all, shop at only immigrant owned businesses, all located in the same area. You get pockets of people who do not want to be Norwegian, follow our laws, or things like that. You'll see these places increase in crime. Some places in Oslo are so bad you do not visit after a specific time.

It may not be politically correct to mention this, I know it isn't in Norway. But it is what is happening here. Thats the problem, people don't want to talk about the problems because its viewed as racist to bring up such matters. But if we don't bring them up, what will happen in the future?

I am sure many people here will shake their head in disbelief, I'm sorry that you are so blinded. Because your inability to see outside of what you deem politically correct is directly hurting hundreds, if not thousands or more Norwegians and our future. The same for other European countries. Sweden isn't doing much better, Denmark and other countries too.

Sorry for spelling and grammar, english isn't a language I write daily in.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

You are wrong, plenty of local news agencies and news papers here have touched on many of the things the original poster has written about. I am sure if you look through past VG, Dagbladet, Nettavisen and other enews sites you will eventually find what you are looking for.

Don't assume that just because you do not agree with what is being said isn't true. And I honestly take offense to your Nazi Germany comparison. I could say the same for America with gitanimo bay and the holocaust.

In fact, I was at the store yesterday at the check out line and saw a VG article about the very same thing the op is talking about just worded differently.

Here is a link which helps those in denial about the problems my country faces: abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-3-2015 by DenSpenstigeGutten because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
If only in America...wishing thinking, anyway.

Shoot we can't even deport Justin beaber let alone persons with terrorist or extremists ties.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DenSpenstigeGutten

Every country has problems, with people of all races, religions and creeds.

The OP's article - and its title - insinuates that all 824 of the people deported are muslim. There is nothing, however, in the article or anything that has been written since, that substatiates that. It simply makes a claim.

So while I'm sorry you perceive your country has a problem, but what is needed here is some substantion of the story that has been reported.

See... here are some other articles on the same story...

www.thelocal.no...
newobserveronline.com...
www.norwaynews.com...

Oddly, none of them claim that all 824 are all muslim. Only websites with a certain right wing bias claim that. I would suggest the story has been "altered" to suit peoples bigotry.

Think about it.

edit on 1/3/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
What do ya call it when Norway deports 824 Muslims suspected of having ties to the criminal element?

- A good start.
edit on 1-3-2015 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
What do ya call it when Norway deports 824 Muslims suspected of having ties to the criminal element?

- A good start.

Never bothered to read the thread before replying did you? The title is nothing but BS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join