It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detachment is apathy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: bb23108

Parroting concepts is just as bad as suicide bombers, philosophy bots have no conscience. Steven Hawking is not a mad man, stop putting words in his mouth.

Most of your comments on this thread are nonsensical to me.

Regarding the one quoted above, you are just making unrelational generalized statements without your knowing anything about me and what I have or have not recognized as truth. How does what you said to me actually help this consideration?

And please, if you do respond to me, be straight-forward in your communication.
edit on 3/9/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: arpgme

The Buddha said to have compassion for all. and that generosity is important but the fake sort of Buddhism ignores the love part and focuses on the "detached" part - that detachment being towards greed ("desire") not the detachment of compassionate love Buddha and Jesus taught to have for all.

As far as compassion and mentioning Jesus and Buddha in the same breath......Jesus came upon a funeral one day and was so moved with compassion for a woman that had lost her only son that He raised the boy from the dead. Jesus did other acts on this level noted as compassionate. Just wondering how Buddha gets equal billing here.

Walk Eastwardly from Jerusalem where do you think they would have ended up? If greed hate and delusion did not get them lost in the desert wilderness? Someone had made the trip earlier... to thank 3 wise men for his birthday presents for the 3 jewels naming him a Tulku. Moses's staff was covered in #nam wood. The ark of the covenant is not a boat it is passed. Leave it on shore and walk beyond the shore towards a new horizon... some will always be lost in the desert trying to throw rocks and blow things up.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

One second, I am about to say something that Nobody will say. They will not say it because psychology is tangled in so many games, so many lies at that, but I am saying this in the aspect that all mind games to one point will be exposed, now if my observances are far fetched, I will be the first one to admit I am wrong.

If you haven't noticed yet and if you look around, you will quickly see that those in public always look down at their cellphones and will not look up, all because they want to show apathy to people.

I mean, when people literally run into you because they are so obnoxious that they cannot look where they are walking - all because they are compelled to ignore you, it is like a demon is in their head, coming out of them and making the world hell.

I knew that they can be so emotionally vicious that when they figure out they have the power to under no circumstance give their neighbor attention in any form, they act to the best of their ability to the point where they are showing so much apathy and refusing to give any attention - that they literally run into the person walking by them!

That I have seen them act in a way that shows if they are not in absolute control over what a pharisee is thinking, they will do everything in their effort to disrespect that man, all because of an ego power trip.

People do not know that women were not allowed in the brotherhood of Jesus, specifically it was written that the reason was because they could not be trusted to be faithful with one. Basically, for 2,000 years they have had the impossibility of acting righteous, being too materialistic, they cannot 'give' anything pure of soul.

Now the only reason why it may seem like I am being sexist, just go ahead and walk outside! The only people that refuse to acknowledge their neighbor and looking at their cellphones to the point they are running into people on the sidewalk - that is only them. It is more than pitiful, and more than obnoxious. It is just reality and what you would see in reality if you looked at what was really happening. I am not saying that all are that way, I am saying that it is only them, and it is a new routine that is common and in style.

There are also many other things they do on an hourly basis that show they are consumed with apathy and truly every negative will of a human being. For any good teaching in the bible that is good and spiritual, women can have nothing to do with it. They cannot be humble, they cannot give up material things, they always have envy, they constantly show disrespect, they lie all the time, really the only thing they have going for themselves is sexual attraction - but that is a darn sin also. Now them or the 'pharisees' are in sin also don't get me wrong, that is why they pass in being so wicked - for the only reason is sexually attraction. It is truly pitiful, and surely Jesus warned us of this same thing.

The last element of society would be to show distrust and fear to every human until you have gotten to know them, and I understand that people can be so vicious.
edit on 12Tue, 10 Mar 2015 00:07:40 -0500America/Chicago15America/ChicagoTue, 10 Mar 2015 00:07:40 -0500 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I wouldn't anticipate anything straight forward, he appears to speak exclusively using hymn & metaphor.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Feeling detached from the world is not the Spirit of Love but apathy. Spirit is attached to everyone through compassionate love.

Detachment is suppressing Love Generosity and all things good for Life.

The Buddha said to have compassion for all. and that generosity is important but the fake sort of Buddhism ignores the love part and focuses on the "detached" part - that detachment being towards greed ("desire") not the detachment of compassionate love Buddha and Jesus taught to have for all.

Why do so many ignore or avoid the generosity/love part but not the "zen" "dettached" or "one consciousness" part that is talked about so much . in new age spirituality nowadays?

I thinnk your correct detachment and apathy is one and the same. I reccomend the bagavad gita which talks about action without attachment to the fruits of the action as detachment. I think it has everything to do with non duality.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: greyer

What?
I had to read that over three times, and am not sure I got the point.
I think you mean to say that apathy is a sort of current affliction of modern society?

Then the thing about women.. I am not sure about. Do you mean to say women are the reason for this?? Is that a correct understanding?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bb23108

Yes, deep sleep as beyond REM.

Awareness as consciousness - not just the observer or the knower of knowledge.

Isn't awareness or consciousness the same as our fundamental being, prior to all experience but not separate from anything experienced?

Okay, being more clear on what each is saying helps tremendously.

General consciousness or awareness (without a "self" awareness or consciousness) simply IS always.
Whether an individual is sleeping or awake, consciousness IS everywhere, and no where specific.

It is experienced when one listens and observes- when I am not actively involved in events. When I walk in nature, there is no "I", there is just awareness of all around me. When I am in the midst of many people, observing, I lose all self awareness. When I am listening to someone speak to me of their own feelings, thoughts and experiences, there is no "I" in that moment. When I am deeply asleep, there is no "I" and consciousness continues to observe through the life around me.

It is only when I step forward and see a place I can take in the events that I ask "what is this person or event in relation to me? What is in in relation to the concept of "me"?" From here, I can determine action I can take, a stance, an opinion, a role, in which "I" can play. But this is temporary, and the "me" is just a concept formed for playing.

This is why I ask how anyone can fear death. Consciousness is and will always be. It is the "me" that passes, the game piece. But the game plays on.

When one plays Monopoly, do they fear the moment it will end? When they shall no longer be that top hat , shoe, thimble or iron? Should they avoid actually moving that piece on the board, rolling the dice, picking up a card, laughing, pouting when they end up in jail, smiling when they win money, referring to the buildings they have bought as "mine"? Just because it isn't real and it all will end at some point? Just because none of it is really "mine" and that top hat really isn't an entity that can do anything, or go anywhere?

edit on 10-3-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

I wouldn't anticipate anything straight forward, he appears to speak exclusively using hymn & metaphor.

Empty hand passes a question from a time past in the now... ever get those special nuggets? Appears they are no longer savory enough... honey mustard out of stock? Read the ingredients.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Detachment = cool = nonchalance = debonair = Latin for good bonus.

First there's sour then there's sweet.

1%

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Willtell , exactly.
1%

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: greyer

You may be on to something with the whole cellphone and looking down thing but men do it also. Some people do it to avoid others, you are right; but they also do it to not make people feel uncomfortable.

For example, you can be outside looking at someone thinking to yourself "do I know that person?", and then they might say "what the **** are you looking at!". Many people are insecure.

But the whole cellphone and looking down thing is bad body language which inspires depression. It's more joyous to look around.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join