It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electromagnetic and acoustic supersonic drag reduction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Amazing what you can find on the Internet these days...

www.google.com...

www.google.com...

And maybe Astr0 wasn't quite BSing about that ultrasonic stuff.
edit on 27-2-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Do you need to have active working prototypes and physical proof of concept before you can submit an invention to Google?

If you reduced drag by affecting the air, would this also affect the laws of physics which make lift work, would you need to change the aerodynamics of an aircraft? We might start seeing some completely different looking craft.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There is no requirement for an invention to be realizable or even at all possible with any known physical laws for a patent to be granted to the invention. The description of the inventions and even some of the "prior art" are somewhat in contradiction to known aerodynamics and hydrodynamics.

But even though these inventions be just wild speculation, they can be fruitful inspiration to something that actually has some possibility of working.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If patents don't require some real evidence of them working, what is stopping me from patenting anything and everything that could potentially be invented even those things outside my own ability to produce?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pirvonen
The description of the inventions and even some of the "prior art" are somewhat in contradiction to known aerodynamics and hydrodynamics.

Can you elaborate on the physics?

If patents don't require some real evidence of them working, what is stopping me from patenting anything and everything that could potentially be invented even those things outside my own ability to produce?

Nothing, other than time and money. A patent submission using typical attorneys used by technology companies is about $10,000.

Then there's the question of what is allowable by the examiners. I don't know what their standards are exactly, but I think if something seems too bizarre and unjustified they may not allow it. The patent application needs to motivate the claims and cite related prior art.

This is a problem now as many mid-90's patents on really obvious things "But Now On The Internet" are subject of patent troll lawsuits. Now, the examiners at the USPTO are more strict and are less likely to allow generic broad claims.

Nathan Myrhvold (former Microsoft) did exactly this, "think up generic things to patent, then sue 10 years later". Tech companies hate him.
It's the worst features of the academic & national lab world with the worst features of commercial world.

In academics, actually publishing interesting results matters and then you get a patent. Maybe somebody will use it in a technology later. But the first priority is scientific insight and advancement.

Tech companies want to solve a specific problem and patent their solution. Their priority is a successful product, fine.

But this particular troll species seeks only to patent and doesn't publish (other than patents) in any interesting or insightful way, and then sues other companies who think up the same thing when they finally have a market and actual production plans.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

unfortunatly Astro said they use PLASMA to create less air resistence not sonics.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I'm pretty sure he once said ultrasonics too because I specifically remember being bamboozled by the physics of how that would possibly be useful and suspected Astr0 was dissembling (as apparently he said he does, always mixing in truth with baloney).

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I think we need to combine the two to come to the actual mechanism. I imagine we are both right to a point.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

You are right. He did say Ultrasonics and now the same trick with just light.

Don't like random patents how bout Princeton University.

www.princeton.edu...

MBKennels on to something here I think.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Check out the acknowledgments at the end of the PDF linked above.

Air Force Office of Scientific Research
Boeing Phantom Works
DARPA
NASA
National Science Foundation

Acknowledgements
Sergey Gimelshein USC LA, Los Angeles
Arthur Dogariu Princeton University
Sergey Macheret Lockheed Martin Skunk Works
Richard Miles Princeton University
James Michael Princeton University
Leik Myrabo Rensselleyer Polytechnic Institute
Yurii Raizer Institute for Problems in Mechanics, RAS
David Van Wie Johns Hopkins University
Joseph Silkey Boeing Phantom Works
Aleksei Zheltikov Texas A&M University

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Chinese journal of aeronautics

www.sciencedirect.com...

Even china is looking into it. Cause they probably know we already have it.

Brown University has a nice paper on it too with pretty pictures. Using pulsed lasers to do the job.

Cut and paste the following search term and enter it into google.

"Demonstrating shock mitigation and drag reduction by pulsed energy lines"
edit on 27-2-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I remember him mentioning using sound as a defensive mechanisms but it's been a while since I visited any of that.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

He mentioned infrasound for self defense. But he was really dropping the term infrasound on that thread for other reasons than self defense IMHO. He just didn't mention that part or what it's really used for. Which I won't go into.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Infrasound can and does have interesting effects on humans. People have experienced paranormal things sitting in a lab, and when the sound is turned off the paranormal stuff goes away.

same effect can be seen with rotating magnetic fields.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

You don't say. It's almost phantasmic!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

makes you wonder.....

I heard some UFO researcher say "the same people who run haunted houses, run the UFO thing"

might be more true then he knew

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The version I read was Ultrasound:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did a bit of reading up on it (with intent to debunk) and Ultrasound is a good avenue for further investigation IMO.

Didn't realise you can "overdose" on ultrasound before looking into it..causes deep tissue damage, nerve fiber sensitisation, injuries similar to burns and lots of histamine production ..which feature in quite a few reports of close encounters (where people suspected radiation but didn't die quick enough to validate typical exposure!).

The whole EM biological interface thing ( Ultrasound is not conventionally classed as EM ) does have legs and it seems there has been a good 50 years of r&d since scientists were making monkeys not love each other using RF.

It is worth pointing out that Astr0 didnt invent the Ultrasound/UFO or Classified aircraft relationship but it surprised me that he seemed to catch the board when people who were knowledgeable on such things weren't on hand to debunk or explore further so we ended up with a low flyover of a description which left more questions than answers.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

They must have something in orbit bombarding he country so we can be sick and controllable.
Haven't you noticed how forgetful people have become?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Research into transmitting EM energy via the Earth, Sea or Atmosphere must have had countless millions spent on it over the years so Space might not be required...just transmit to the major population areas using the Earths mantle!

Before donning the wet towel/tin foil/ chicken wire combo hat and pants it's worth looking back at history and seeing that on the whole- people have always been easily led.
Some of the worst displays of herd thinking are documented in history-long before man understood induction- so aside from a sudden sense of entitlement by most people that use social media - dont think we need to worry (yet).
edit on 1-3-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Speak for yourself I have observed the populace and the educational system being REALLY dumbed down,they were teaching latin in the Appalachians,now college students in many cases can't read well.
As to EM saturations perhaps the cell phones have THAT covered.
I'll maintain an open mind despite the fact that you seem to overlook how many conspiracies are factual, eventually .
edit on 1-3-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join