It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OH NOOO!,ISIS Destroys 3,000-Year-Old Mosul Museum Artifacts

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I rarely post on ATS. I am also very much a peaceful person and in no way a warmonger. I do however feel that history and historical monuments are things to be cherished and protected. Hearing news of these events makes my blood boil and honestly, it must be stopped! I would support a full scale military incursion solely for the purpose of protecting such historical sites in the regions under threat from ISIS. Imagine if it was the great pyramids or the sphinx they were bulldozing! And the sites of ancient Mesopotamia are possibly of even greater significance to civilised history. Something must be done, even if we have to surround at risk sites with troops I regret to say.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This is so disgusting and sickening. Why do they continue to destroy priceless ancient artifacts? I recall not too long ago one raticalist islamic group burning a museum and actually beheading a mummy...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Robertson: ISIS Would Be Right To Destroy Idols,
Wrong To Attack Artifacts

Televangelist Pat Robertson, who once told viewers to destroy statues of Buddha, said today that he strongly condemns ISIS’s efforts to destroy historical treasures, even though a “700 Club” viewer pointed out that the Old Testament instructs people to destroy idols to deities.

While ISIS claims that it is destroying idols, Robertson said that they were actually smashing works of art. However, if they were destroying idols, that would be acceptable, he said: “This isn’t some heathen idol. By all means, if they were having some heathen deity and this was some mount where they were offering sacrifices, by all means destroy it, but the other I think is just art.”

“The Taliban was destroying statues of Buddha that they thought were — but Buddha’s a different religion,” he added.

- See more at: www.rightwingwatch.org...

Granted the blog is lefty but listen to the man's words, I have no doubt that if people like him came to power in a" BIG "way he or they would not be above raiding museums for art and artifacts they disapprove of they must be so jelly over the fact that Islamo-fascist can do what they can only salivate doing.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
A bit of good news on the artifact fight

www.newstatesman.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join