It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beverley Mitchell House Passes Bill that Prohibits Expert Scientific Advice to the EPA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: Onslaught2996
It sounds to me that they are trying to eliminate conflict of interest... In other words, a board member specifically involved in something, like say the oil industry, cannot advise the EPA to go easy on the company they work for when they have an oil spill. At least that is how it sounds to me.

???

Just the opposite...
First, they allow industry reps to sit on the board
"persons with substantial and relevant expertise are not excluded from the Board due to affiliation with or representation of entities that may have a potential interest in the Board's advisory activities"

AKA...OIL industry et al. Fox guarding the henhouse..

And then they forbid scientists from reporting their finding to the EPA or testifying in regard to their findings...everything has to go through the Polluters representatives and they decide what to tell the EPA..

"that may have a potential interest in the Board's advisory activities"

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Who needs science when money can buy any opinion we want..

So basically business as usual. Neither party is interested in science, just agendas and making money.

Neither party is perfect...but this "their just the same" defense gets really tired. Reality...yes REALITY is that this bill would be law if not for the Democrats opposing it in the Senate...and if it is introduced in the Senate and passes with the new GOP majority, then it will be the Democrat POTUS that will veto it.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
We should just ban all science and critical thinking and be done with it. I can't believe this is still the country that was sending people to the moon when I was a kid. It's becoming an idiocracy ruled by an oligarchy.

We never landed on the moon! It was a hoax!

Just poking a little...though I agree some days it does feel like that was a hoax...

If "progressives" are for progress and the conservative majority is vehemently opposed, then we can expect a heavy anti-science, anti progress, anti-reality ideology and all the damage that entails to permeate our policy.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

While everyone’s attention was focused on the Senate and the Keystone XL decision on Tuesday, some pretty shocking stuff was quietly going on in the House of Representatives. The GOP-dominated House passed a bill that effectively prevents scientists who are peer-reviewed experts in their field from providing advice — directly or indirectly — to the EPA, while at the same time allowing industry representatives with financial interests in fossil fuels to have their say. Perversely, all this is being done in the name of “transparency.”

Apparently, at some point in time, politics in America jumped
to Ludicrous speed!

Thanks for posting.

Rebel 5

House Passes Bill that Prohibits Expert Scientific Advice to the EPA

Who needs science when money can buy any opinion we want..

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Based on some epa decisions I would say they have had expert scientific advice for some time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join