It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul on the NDAA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just sharing in case you haven't seen it.

Why am I liking him more and more? Ugh.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

For me, it is because I can't think of anyone else who has a chance (however small) of getting into the big office with something resembling a libertarian agenda.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Are you saying you dont want to like Rand paul?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

I agree with that . but I remember him a while back agreeing with some neo cons on a couple radio interviews, now I dont know if that was to just gain credibility with some republicans or what but it had me pauseing for a momemnt. But ultimatley yes he looks like the best option.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Because he's a great voice for personal liberty and freedom in an otherwise sea of big government. It's just too bad that his voice is often drowned out by the sound of the sea.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I don't want to like any of them! But always look for the lesser of all the evils

edit on 2/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: my phone was trying to spell for me again

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yeah, he does have some Republican tendencies, but at the same time, he is a Repub and doesn't claim to be anything else. I think he unfairly gets held to the libertarian standard of his father, and then gets ridiculed when he doesn't have the same philosophy on everything. But the truth is, he's the best option in that body of government that we have right now.

He's my senator, and my congressman is Thomas Massie. I may be able to be happier with two different people, but I don't think I could. I tried to vote McConnell out in the primary...didn't go so well.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

It's okay to like a few...gov't is a necessary evil, and we should applaud and appreciate those who are a part of it who sincerely believe that it has gotten too big and are attempting to fix it.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

I agree with that . but I remember him a while back agreeing with some neo cons on a couple radio interviews, now I dont know if that was to just gain credibility with some republicans or what but it had me pauseing for a momemnt. But ultimatley yes he looks like the best option.

Yes, that is true but, strange as it is, I tend to agree with some of the statist platform, namely national defense which is one of the only things that our constitution has delegated to the federal government.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The federal government actually should only have very limited responsibilities, like national defense, in my view and per the Constitution. It has far, far exceeded those over time. The funniest thing is that the states could change the face of Congress and deal with the corruption at the state level. They have that power but just don't seem to do it. Maybe because not many people know they can?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

That is my position, to actively reduce the size, scope and authority of government. Local government is where that must begin.

Minimal government and free markets allow people to decide for themselves how to live.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I would say he is more liberatarian though he hasnt claimed to be libertarian his views say he is though right?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I would say he is more liberatarian though he hasnt claimed to be libertarian his views say he is though right?

I wouldn't call him an actual Libertarian.

From observation, he appears to have some capacity for pragmatism which I am not a fan of but, undeniably, has allowed him to advance in the general public's eyes.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

For the most part, yes...that's why I like him.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

For the most part, yes...that's why I like him.

top topics

join