It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Hawkins-Christian Cuss Words (Words like Crud and Shut The Front Door) LOL

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
A friend of mine sent this to me and it was too cute and funny to not share with everyone. I hope you all enjoy the laugh that I had. Enjoy everyone! I hope you see this is not meant to be religious, but more in terms of funny, alternative words you can use. I had a Southern friend who would say Dagnabbit all the time. Cutest thing ever. As a parent, I come up with alternative words, so my daughter doesn't repeat swear words. Some of these are so cute, I might incorporate them. LOL

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Cute, hooray for cute.

A rose is a rose by any other name.

Funny thing is, if these good meaning folk are saying shut the front door as an attempt not to say something else, doesn't that boil down to a thing or two?

- they really mean what they are saying with the same intention as saying what they are avoiding
- words really are just that, words, sounds...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
That was funny. My grandma used to say "Oh, Sugar!" instead of "Oh, Sh*t" and "God Bless it" instead of "God D*mn it."

Sal

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Cute, hooray for cute.

A rose is a rose by any other name.

Funny thing is, if these good meaning folk are saying shut the front door as an attempt not to say something else, doesn't that boil down to a thing or two?

- they really mean what they are saying with the same intention as saying what they are avoiding
- words really are just that, words, sounds...

Believe it or not, this was supposed to be taken with a "Sense of Humor" pill. Not the usual "Anti-Christian Rod Up the Bum" pill. Sorry. I should have been more clear in my post. I apologize.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Believe it or not, I didn't mention Christian. Not even once.

Need a hand with that hammer and the three nails in your mouth?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Looool!
What a laugh.

Son of a motherless goat
I'm gunna use that one for sure.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You know, it's downright hilarious. I absolutely was not addressing "christians". I was addressing the very concept of gentrification and "polite society" as a whole.
As being downright silly.

When I was young and operating a cash register at a store, a customer approached me. Apparently, she became quite fixated on a conversation I had been engaged in with a friend. "Do you realize you just said f**k,f**k,f**k,f**k,f**k,f**k,f**k,f**k? I've been listening to you...". And then she walked away, feeling quite happy with herself for putting me in my place. What she didn't realize was that I then devised an experiment. Replace f**k with F.

F this, F that.

Guess what, it STILL MEANT THE SAME THING. A different sound. Not offensive.

Pretty ridiculous.

So, to those of you who have an opinion here, shut the front door.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
That was funny. My grandma used to say "Oh, Sugar!" instead of "Oh, Sh*t" and "God Bless it" instead of "God D*mn it."

Sal

Sugar, that's what I use when my kids are within earshot. Lol

When I stub my toe it becomes 'SHHugar honey ice tea'.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilentE

Sal

My parents really went out of their way to prevent me from ever uttering a single bad-word syllable that they themselves were known to use. Yepp, mouth was washed out with soap.

Alot of good it does, did, or will do.

I take the approach that words are words. There are only inappropriate combinations of timing, social scenarios, and the wholly evil words. So rather than banning words from the vocabulary of the fruit of my loin, I strive to teach them appropriateness.

Quite honestly, if one of them approached me and said "Dad, you're an a#$%ole!", I wouldn't be any more upset than if they said "Dad, you're really a jerk".

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here's a thought experiment...

I'm mad.

I'm really mad.

I'm really pissed off.

I'm really f%^ing pissed off.

I am really mother f$%^ing pissed off.

Isn't it safe to say that the additional words used above are really a means of expressing your emotion beyond the basic statement of being mad?

Are we really getting upset with the choice of words? Is it at all possible we're getting panties wadded up over the expression of emotion?

Just as you have many tools in a toolbox, a bright and curious mind has many words at their disposal. Not all do the job as succinctly as another, but they all exist to serve a purpose.
edit on 23-2-2015 by nullafides because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Isn't it curious that christianity is immediately assumed to be what is at stake in using "polite language" ?

I use polite language all the time. Here. Work. With people I do not know.

I am not a christian.

I also use what ever word fits what I am looking to express best.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilentE

Sal

When my daughter was very little, the Jaguars missed a touchdown and I said, "Sh*t!" Well wouldn't you know she repeated me. Uh-oh! Not having any of that! LOL So after that it was "Shoot!" or Bleepity-bleep-bleep". I've even been know to pull a Sylvester the Cat and yank out a few, "Sassafrass racka ricken ....", She actually thinks that ones th funniest and will tell me I'm not a cartoon. To make her laugh, I pause and say, "Wait a minute, you mean I'm not? All this time? All this time! Man, I got to call Grandpa! He's been lying to me for years!" That always gets a giggle.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Believe it or not, I didn't mention Christian. Not even once.

Need a hand with that hammer and the three nails in your mouth?

Fine, you didn't say Christian, but in all honesty, this was meant to be humorous, there was no need to attack the video just because other people than you use different words. All he did was point out the different words that people use. Heck, when I'm alone, I'll slip and swear. But around my daughter, I try not to, as I don't want her using those words. I'm trying to teach her a young lady doesn't need to use that language when there are other words that can be used instead. And as a parent, I'm trying to live that example and break my own bad habit.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Here's a thought experiment...

I'm mad.

I'm really mad.

I'm really pissed off.

I'm really f%^ing pissed off.

I am really mother f$%^ing pissed off.

Isn't it safe to say that the additional words used above are really a means of expressing your emotion beyond the basic statement of being mad?

Are we really getting upset with the choice of words? Is it at all possible we're getting panties wadded up over the expression of emotion?

Just as you have many tools in a toolbox, a bright and curious mind has many words at their disposal. Not all do the job as succinctly as another, but they all exist to serve a purpose.

I can understand that, but I think it's also in how you were raised. For me, I was raised that a young lady doesn't need to be using language like this. Not saying you were raised in a bad manner, just saying very parent is different. So please do not take offense. I'm raising my daughter in a similar manner that I was raised. Now sometimes she may said @$$hole, and I'll say I understand you're upset, but how about we say jerk instead. She usually agrees. If she doesn't, we talk more about it when she's calm. I get anger. Trust me, I GET anger. LOL

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

Fine, you didn't say Christian, but in all honesty, this was meant to be humorous, there was no need to attack the video just because other people than you use different words. All he did was point out the different words that people use. Heck, when I'm alone, I'll slip and swear. But around my daughter, I try not to, as I don't want her using those words. I'm trying to teach her a young lady doesn't need to use that language when there are other words that can be used instead. And as a parent, I'm trying to live that example and break my own bad habit.

Yepp, I did not once say "christian" in my original post. But, you went there, didn't you ?

And humorous, great. But, there's a far underlying issue here. That of language, and what is "acceptable".

And why do you see it as being bad? If you mean sh&t, but say sugar, all you're doing is "sugar" coating how the word sounds. You're not changing the intent of your utterance of the word.

Why is sh&t a "bad" word, and sugar a "good" word?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Isn't it curious that christianity is immediately assumed to be what is at stake in using "polite language" ?

I use polite language all the time. Here. Work. With people I do not know.

I am not a christian.

I also use what ever word fits what I am looking to express best.

I honestly don't know if it's just Christianity. I'd be curious what other cultures frown upon swearing. Non-religious cultures that is.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I'm asking one simple question...

Why is one word "good", and a different one "bad" ?

Honestly, I don't know the answer. I just don't even see a foundation to *have* to ask the question in the first place.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

To be completely honest, that's why I did not mean to say, or use the term "christian" in my original statement here.

"Polite society" refrains from the use of "bad words". Intellectuals will often say something to the effect of "well, but we have the CAPACITY to use better words for communication"

I just don't see the reason to make something taboo. The more taboo you make it, the more likely you are to have interest in it.

Boil it down. It's a word. A word that is comprised of an intellectual agreement and understanding based upon a set sound that is entirely dependent upon the presence of vocal chords and our atmosphere (chemical makeup as well as gravitation). I just find it difficult for this to be something to be worried over.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

Yepp, I did not once say "christian" in my original post. But, you went there, didn't you ?

And humorous, great. But, there's a far underlying issue here. That of language, and what is "acceptable".

And why do you see it as being bad? If you mean sh&t, but say sugar, all you're doing is "sugar" coating how the word sounds. You're not changing the intent of your utterance of the word.

Why is sh&t a "bad" word, and sugar a "good" word?

I admitted it, did I not? What more do you want? Prostration?

Just because I personally use a different word, doesn't mean I'm forcing my view on everyone. If you wish to swear, you can go for it. Sugar is part of the language as well. I'd rather my daughter learn Sugar, than Sh*t. That's just my personal preference as a parent.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I'm asking one simple question...

Why is one word "good", and a different one "bad" ?

Honestly, I don't know the answer. I just don't even see a foundation to *have* to ask the question in the first place.

I honestly don't know how to answer that. For me as a parent, one word sound worse than the other. I don't know how else to explain it, I don't even know the whys and wherefore's. This is just one parents view. You mentioned you have a son, so you obviously have another view, and that's ok.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join