It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close associations: Micro-Myiasis (bugs) & Morgellons disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I came across this eye opening (shocking) article:

In 2001, Mary Leitao, a Pennsylvanian biology technician, researched the symptoms of her two year old son. He presented with sores on his lip, with protruding fibres. She read a report from 1674, by a British physician, Sir Thomas Browne, who described 'The Morgellon'; a disease which afflicted French children with 'harsh hairs on their backs'. Leitao believed Browne's paper was the closest description of her son's symptoms.

Morgellons disease is barely recognised by main stream medical communities and its cause has not been established to date. It has a variety of symptoms including itchy skin; with crawling, biting sensations, white granules from skin and hair follicles, chronic fatigue, aching joints, anemia, malabsorption and distended abdomen, inflamed lymph nodes, skin lesions and filaments coming out of skin pores. These filaments are the defining symptom of morgellons disease (2). Morgellon disease sufferers often observe activities related to small flies (Table 1). Some describe themselves as being 'saturated' with small larvae and many sufferers report seeing worms coming from their skin. Sufferers often test positive for Lyme disease along with other bacterial and fungal infections. Very few sufferers have managed to find a cure. The correlation between myiasis and morgellons was first (and last) suggested in 1946 by a British physician, Dr Emslie-Smith (87). The term 'morgellons' is likely to have originated from France in the 1600's; derived from the Provencal form of muscula, meaning 'a little fly' (

source

It is not a short read, so I would really suggest at least skimming the source page if you are at all interested in the short intro I pasted here.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

And I always thought it is a psychosomatic disease? Going to read this now. Thanks for sharing
UUUUuuuh. it's ... uuuh way way worse than i thought.
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopSundayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Myiasis is defined as the infestation of live human and vertebrate animals by larvae of the order Diptera (true flies; i.e., those whose adults have two wings) that feed for varying time periods on the host's dead or living tissue, body substances, or ingested food (1). There are 36 types of fly thought to cause myiasis in humans (20).

AHHHH!!!!! I can't read anymore. Time to go crawl into a happy space.

Morbid fascination got me reading the rest, and you aren't kidding. This is WAY worse than I even thought possible. Stuff of nightmares!
edit on 22-2-2015 by FireflyStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
That is a long and interesting article. I bet there are people out there that are effected by these diseases that do not know it. I doubt if a doctor would even look for these diseases in a physical. You would have to be looking for them to find them. Now, eating garlic repels flies in the summer. But too much is not good for you either. I heard from someone who was living in South America that people purge themselves once a month for parasites, she said her and her husband learned this quickly from the locals down there when they moved there for about five years. He was a mechanic and wanted to go work somewhere different for a while. I never met him, just her.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

When I read the tittle I thought Morgellons interesting, I had no idea what I was going to find in the article!

Scary little flies aren't they!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I can't get over the fact that some of them can complete their entire life cycle in your bladder and be urinated out as adults.

I've read a lot about medical anomalies etc, and I've watched botfly extractions, but this article blew my mind.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Pink Floyd,
"And the worms ate into his brain."
They left out the part about pissing out flies.
Bad trip, man.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I had a dog that had a bump on it one time and I squeezed it and an ugly slow moving fat thing popped out like you sometimes find in the garden. It healed up in a few days then.

We had rabbits and they were getting sick and smelly, so the wife, daughter, and I decided to give one a bath in some stuff that killed worms. The bunny's skin was so tender it ripped, and we saw these worms moving very fast in the slime under the skin. They didn't like what we had done and since there was so many of them they appeared to be biting the rabbit. They sure could slip through that slime quickly and the rabbits fir was twitching all over. The rabbit died quickly and we were so oozy from seeing this that we did not give the other two a bath. They both died within two or three days. These were from some sort of fly too, we had looked it up on the net.

The part that shocked us so much is how fast these maggot like things were moving. We treated the other rabbits we had with a powder and they got sick at first but got better.

We learned that flies can be a bad thing, especially the ones with the blue on them. Now that I made a few people puke, I have to say that this can happen to anyone's animals, a simple fly can cause a lot of problems. I bet they can also lay eggs in us and if our immune system is compromised the same thing could happen to us.
people should be aware of this, but not let it overwhelm them. These flies have always been out there and not many people have been used as a nursery anymore. If the flies are bad, don't just stay out there with them, the fish are not worth it.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Oh that was nasty... but couldn't stop reading. Gross. What an opportunistic bunch of critters! Perhaps worse than humans.

new topics

top topics

join