It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an interesting article about the F-117 that was shot down over Serbia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
On the same note (or fact of the day), the majority of the F-117s avionics are still a closely guarded secret and still classified.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Not to mention that the Soviets did such a good job reverse-engineering the B-29 that an evolution of the Tu-4 fuselage still flies to this day, sending chills down the collective spines of the NATO powers who hear the buzz of its 32 supersonic propellor blades "feeling out" the edges of their airspace.

Though thankfully, it seems that the Chinese are a great many things, but let's put it this way: remember who buys engines/airplanes/tanks/aircraft carriers from who.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I wish more people could put war behind them and embrace peace and life.

Nice story.

That's a tough task when it is your face everyday. I am all for getting it out of our face, and then embracing peace and life. Yea, I know it fails logic, but there are atrocities going on that just have to be stopped.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flipper35

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Flipper35

I'll go into more detail later when I have time, but it's partly because the reporter is an idiot.

That was my impression. There were a few other tidbits that didn't make sense.

It's not a quality news source, also known as the Daily Wail!

I know the Typhoon has Laser Warner's and missile earners dotted around the aircraft and linked into the DASS so that can work out the best countermeasure whilst the pilot concentrates on evasive manouvers.

Plus if you did need a radar it would not pick up missiles from behind.

Also I thought the F-117 had to turn radar off, if it's on, you light up, not at all stealthy!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
There's actually a lot more to this story. Especially with regards to how the F117 was defeated. There is a reason why we have moved on to different stealth platforms.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
You mean they didn't leave the radars off so the heat seeking missiles wouldn't find them?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barnalby
a reply to: mbkennel

Though thankfully, it seems that the Chinese are a great many things, but let's put it this way: remember who buys engines/airplanes/tanks/aircraft carriers from who.

Chinese are very good at electronics. And that will matter more and more.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
article

There must have been a lot of people losing sleep over the loss of that aircraft. The fact that there were gypsy scrap dealers taking parts off it just makes you wonder how far the parts were spread and how many countries had their own black projects advanced by years because of it.

as for the pilot and the AA battery commander who shot him down? check this out.

I've actually got a small piece of this airframe, it was cut from around the cockpit section when i was in Belgrade. Aircraft 82-806 if I recall.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join