It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is heavier?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: AllIsOne

Well no because infinity is not a number and doesn't behave like a number.

That's why if you add 1 to infinity you end up with infinity, if you take one away it is still infinity.

It doesn't behave like a normal number.

Therefore adding extra weight would mean nothing as both the hammer and the feather would= infinity

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Infinity does not exist, not even as a concept. Only as a shadow of a concept, its like a 4 yr old believing in the graybeards in the sky, or that unicorns not only do exist but that they speak English and can fly through 747's while singing jolly pirate chanties, basically makebelieve nonsense.

Even in theory there is no way, no how, on quantifying infinity in any shape or from. All things are finite.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I hope you're aware that this in not the hoax section … ;-)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

But if you first look at 1 over infinity then the answer can be 0

Can it be zero . Would not the answer be an infinite number of zeros with a one at the end . How would you get zero . The answer has to be greater than zero .

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I think I've actually asked a trick question.

At the beginning there was a singularity where all laws of physics break down. There is no space, no time. I guess that infinity acts the same way. Space, time, mass, weight cannot be defined. They're just infinite. But why is there that little voice in my head that says no matter what, the feathers will never catch up to the hammers weight-wise …

Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sorry I call shenanigans on this one. It may not be an actual hoax, but its not a not hoax, for all intensive purposes it could even be a misclassified hoax, or a hoax in the making. What proof do you have that infinity exists? None right!

But in a finite existence such as our world and universe, then I would say any amount of hammers would be heavier then any amount of feathers. So there you go.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
A ton of feathers weighs more than one hammer.....

Simply put, we don't really know if infinity exists as anything other than a concept, so the question is really just a philosophical one. Mathematically, if we assume the concept to exist, both are equal in weight (i.e. infinity = infinity).

But then, we could argue that 1 +2 = 4 also.

I + II = IV for example.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join