It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twice the fun with GWB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Why would George W Bush agree to this debacle? What did he hope to gain? Any ideas anyone? Who is the puppet master?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Golden Rule

It's called not taking yourself too seriously, and even poking fun at yourself.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golden Rule

Why would George W Bush agree to this debacle?

Why shouldn't he?

The WHCA's annual dinner, begun in 1920, has become a Washington, D.C., tradition and is usually attended by the President and Vice President.[1] Fifteen presidents have attended at least one WHCA dinner, beginning with Calvin Coolidge in 1924....

Prior to World War II, the annual dinner featured singing between courses, a homemade movie and an hour-long, post-dinner show with big-name performers.[1] Since 1983, however, the featured speaker has usually been a comedian, with the dinner taking on the form of a roast of the President and his administration. The Dinner is a scholarship benefit for gifted students in college journalism programs.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well I'll be hornswoggled! I had no idea there were other such regular annual functions as this one hellobruce. It just seemed that the audience there seemed quite uncomfortable with the affair and didn't know whether to laugh or fidget and stare at their shoes.

If I was a comedian I would think more than twice with a great deal of caution before I began ritually mocking the favourite son of the ex-director of the CIA.

On March 3, 2012, Bridges was found dead (at age 48) by his maid in his Los Angeles home after he failed to return a call the day before. According to his agent, Bridges had just returned from performing in Hong Kong and went to bed complaining that he felt "super-jetlagged". His death was ruled an accident, with the probable cause “upper airway anaphylaxis” from a severe allergic reaction.

I mean I already knew that George W had a great sense of humour ....

.....but I didn't think it embraced self-deprecation as well.

top topics

join