It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Running the "Gun Violence" Numbers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I would say that the real problem is not the guns but the anti depressant medications these mass shooters are prescribed. Those meds are the real killers.

No sane person ever went on a shooting spree. Mental health is the problem, not guns. Unfortunately, going after mental health isn't politically correct so no politician wants to play that angle.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I would say that the real problem is not the guns but the anti depressant medications these mass shooters are prescribed. Those meds are the real killers.

I absolutely agree.

An overwhelming majority of mass-shooting perpetrators (particularly the ones that concoct some elaborate plan to carry a mass shooting out) are on some sort of SSRI.

But, you know, let's blame guns.. It takes less thought and doesn't piss off the pharmaceutical companies.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Try to cheer up Lad.
WE have them because we are allowed to throw a civil war if neccessary.
And because lots of BAD guys want to shoot at us too.
WOULDN'T you?
OH yes,HOW I forget,we uncivilized types DO drag our knucles a bit, YES?

Don't loose any sleep about it,3 million people or so ,produce all kinds when you are in a large occupied continetal land mass.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

No sane person ever went on a shooting spree. Mental health is the problem, not guns. Unfortunately, going after mental health isn't politically correct so no politician wants to play that angle.

Au contraire, I think that is one of the next immediate steps for the statists. They already have enough data on a whole generation to perform any and all manner of social engineering experiments and selective studies to reflect pretty much whatever outcome they desire.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

The coldwar people have to DIE first as we were already programmed to fight and they can't counter our conditioning ,I give you movies from the 80s...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

That will simply be used as the evidence for social maladjustment for that demographic. Perhaps iPhone syndrome for another, sports head injury disqualifications, need I go on?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

I really wonder about that SIGNAL incident that caused convulsions in Japan ,myself. Throw in some EMR to stimulate certain parts of the brain and BOOM another video game fanatic gets their prefrontal cortex screwed up.
edit on 19-2-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
"Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people."
~Chris Rock

Now that's deep : )

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus
Gripe all you want, I will never, ever give up my gun. Why? Because I am a free American and I fought to keep it that way, and I am really tired of all the politically correct, liberal B. S. coming from people who don't know what the hell they are talking about.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
a reply to: TinkerHaus
Comparing deaths from guns to overall deaths is a dumb comparison to start with. Most people die of old age so by your logic we divert all research into the search for eternal life.

As far as I , a UK person is concerned, I find it amusing and a little sad that you US folks "need to have a gun" why ? If you need gun to feel safe then that is a very very sad reflection on your society. Over here I do not fear walking on the streets. Now don't get me wrong there are some dodgy areas every country on this planet has them !!!! but you avoid these. Outside of those areas I do not feel the need to protect myself.

Why else do you need a gun? Some kind of macho pride thing, an exclamation like a tattoo , a "look at me I have this big gun" show.....whatever. All of these are quite frankly hilarious and sad.

There are 330,000,000 + people here in the states.

We have more people who live in poverty than live in your country.

YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE WHAT LIFE HERE IS LIKE.

Stop acting like you do.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
No one was killed with a Machine gun last year or the year before. or the year before that.

In many parts of the west a cop is a hour or more away.

In some states like alaska you don't go out in the woods with out a gun or you can become bear food.
In other states guns are needed for pest control Texas and other states have a big problem with wild hogs tearing up farm lands and crops.
guns are also needed to thin deer herds and put meat on the table.

MOST people do not understand one of the biggest anti gun, anti hunting fund raisers in the US is The Humane Society of the United States.
These are NOT the same people that run the local or state animal shelters.
But they want you to believe that they are, they even put commercials on TV showing maltreated animals in shelters but they give less then 1% to animal shelters. But give over 20% to anti gun groups.
They also help fund PETA.
www.nssfblog.com...
dailycaller.com...
www.humanewatch.org...
www.humanewatch.org...
edit on 20-2-2015 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
A funny take on this....

Language is NSFW

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
No one was killed with a Machine gun last year or the year before. or the year before that.

In many parts of the west a cop is a hour or more away.

In some states like alaska you don't go out in the woods with out a gun or you can become bear food.
In other states guns are needed for pest control Texas and other states have a big problem with wild hogs tearing up farm lands and crops.
guns are also needed to thin deer herds and put meat on the table.

MOST people do not understand one of the biggest anti gun, anti hunting fund raisers in the US is The Humane Society of the United States.
These are NOT the same people that run the local or state animal shelters.
But they want you to believe that they are, they even put commercials on TV showing maltreated animals in shelters but they give less then 1% to animal shelters. But give over 20% to anti gun groups.
They also help fund PETA.
www.nssfblog.com...
dailycaller.com...
www.humanewatch.org...
www.humanewatch.org...

Thanks for the info, I didn't know this.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join