It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Wants Unemployed Youth to Do Unpaid Work for the State. State Sponsored Slavery or.....?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If we can find the money to Kill People, We can find the money to help people.... Tony Benn.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

My fave ever politician.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Soloprotocol

My fave ever politician.

I remember the days when we had Politicians with accents from Watford to Cardiff/Swansea, from Lincoln to Leeds, from Liverpool to Wolverhampton, from lands end to John o Groats....how times change. it's all about London. just remember these facts..24x more money is spent on infrastructure in London than in the north east of England never mind the rest of the Kingdom that's supposed to be United...Ever wonder why...104 London Billionaires need to keep the Riff Raff out.

The Union is Finished....roll on Independence from Westminster for all.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Absolutely TrueBrit, but the cheating at higher levels is a different subject entirely. Initially the talk was about welfare type programs. The corruption at higher levels is astronomical, there is no doubt of that! Is it the Power Corrupts thing? Anyone that wants power is automatically under suspicion?

My father's entire career as a GS-17 for the GAO was about the fraud and waste in government so I grew up on this stuff. It happens at all levels because...well... human nature is human nature. A certain portion of humans will lie, cheat, and steal. And certainly some person cheating on a welfare program is far smaller in monetary cost than a big cheat, the point is we need to constantly try to root out all cheating and waste and fraud.

One of the problems is when the cheaters are also the law makers... what once was illegal becomes legal. And with the far higher costs of mounting political campaigns, those that run are either wealthy already or get their money from... somewhere.... and possibly beholden to those that fund. We have taken steps backwards in the transparency and logic of our political system, bad as it was already, to even murkier waters... with plenty of sharks circling.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
A couple of experiences from my youth for you to consider.

Some thirty years ago when I was a teen the Conservative government created the `Youth Training Scheme`, £36 per week. I was forced to take part because little to no investment in small business had been made in my part of Yorkshire. I was promised qualifications and experience that would help me find full time work. After a few months of training we were told that we would not receive the qualifications we had been promised because only one provider would be funded to do so, this was the local college. So we worked from the previous years papers because leaving was not an option. Most of the staff still had outside work in their given field, engineering, electronics, decorating, graphic design etc. A month before I was due to leave the place was closed due to theft and fraud committed by the members of staff.

In my mid-twenties I was placed on a `Back to Work` program in market gardening, basically a weeks work running a fully functioning site, for £10 a week expenses on top of my benefits. I passed the standard qualifications and had just started the actual retail side of things, when I was told that this part of the training had stopped due to funding, again no option of quitting. A few weeks after finishing this 9 month course the providers had been found guilty of fraud.

My experiences are far from unique, I would hate to see this and the next generation of young people humiliated in this way.

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join