It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning strikes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Question posed:

Could the ancients use their monolithic structures to attract lighting?

In doing do creating an environment for fertility. The lighting fuses Nitrogen to water?

Has this been talked about allready.??
I'm on beer 2

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nickneal7

Don't know, but come back on beer 6 and let us know what you think, then

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Having a large pyramid in the middle of your crop field would seem to be a bigger detriment to food production offsetting any gain made by whether it could attract lightening or not.

For alcohol-induced insights, try absinthe instead of beer!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Maybe the could. However I tend to think that they where used to move around more subtles energies and to interfere with the ley lines of the earth in the same way that accupunture needles effect the human body..

purp..

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Having a large pyramid in the middle of your crop field would seem to be a bigger detriment to food production offsetting any gain made by whether it could attract lightening or not.

For alcohol-induced insights, try absinthe instead of beer!
unless the pyramids were used as silos and storage

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I would assume they used more than prymids.. what's about their rock towers.. obliquis or some junk.. wouldn't they serve function

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

S&F!

Yes!

Firstly, Obelisks can indeed be struck by lighting!

Washington Monument!

Rome obelisk struck by lightning

An ancient obelisk which has been at the centre of a dispute between Italy and Ethiopia has been damaged in a lightning strike.

And lightening does indeed help create natural fertilizer!

Lightning Helps Fertilize The Soil (Moments of Science)

Our bodies need protein, and proteins contain nitrogen. The air we breathe has plenty of nitrogen to satisfy our needs. But—that nitrogen is not available to us directly from the air. The only way we can get nitrogen is from the plants we eat, or from the animals we eat that eat the plants.
Here’s The Problem…

A nitrogen molecule in the air consists of two atoms which are held together very tightly. In order for us to absorb nitrogen, the two atoms must be separated. But the two atoms are held together so tightly that our body chemistry does not have enough energy to process them.

This is where lightning comes in. Obviously we don’t have to be struck by lighting in order to satisfy our need for nitrogen!

However, in a thunderstorm there is enough electrical energy in lightning to separate the nitrogen atoms in the air. Once the atoms are separated they can fall to earth with rain water, and combine with minerals in the soil to form nitrates, a type of fertilizer.

The nitrogen-containing nitrates in the soil are absorbed by the plants, and when we eat the plants or the animals which eat the plants, we get the nitrogen in a form which our bodies can use.

So, in addition to providing a spectacular light show, and scaring us to death, lightning also helps fertilize the soil.

Further reading ...

When Lightning Strikes, Does It Fertilize the Soil?

Pioneers would often collect the enriched soil where dead trees had been hit by lightning, and use that soil to help boost their own garden soils.

How Lightning Benefits the Vegetable Garden (VeggieGardener)

How To Harness The Power of Lightning In Your Vegetable Garden

Anyone that has watched Master Gardener Jerry Baker’s video, Year 'Round Vegetable Gardening, has seen this before. You can supercharge your garden by using methods to collect static electricity.

Drive wooden stakes around your vegetable plants, or attach them on each corner of a raised bed. Run bare copper wiring from the top of each stake to the next, forming a square around the perimeter of your plants. The copper wire will attract static electricity.

Use metal stakes on vegetables such as tomatoes. The metal stakes will help to attract static electricity. Also tie your plants to the stakes using hose stockings. The stockings will help collect static electricity, and make very good ties since they are elastic, soft and strong.

Fertilizer from thin air
– new technologies improve an old idea (niu news)

Thunderstruck Facts

Is there anything good to be said about lightning? Yes. Lightning manufactures about 100 million tons of natural nitrogen fertilizer every year by forcibly combining the nitrogen and oxygen of the air with the water of the rain, which carries the fixed nitrogen down to enrich the soil.

Nitrogen Cycle

I hope that explains your beer fueled query!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have no idea but I am on beer four at the moment, interesting concept.
Not a bad lightning show to be found here and volume up is a must :-)
Warning there is some foul language in the below video not that I can blame them.

www.liveleak.com...

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 19-2-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

top topics

join