It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did any USAF Stealth planes ever fly over Poland while took part in some conflicts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Did any USAF Stealth planes ever fly over Poland while took part in some conflicts like Iraqi Freedom etc. ? I mean if there ever was a route over Poland for USAF planes during some conflicts in Iraq or Afganistan? The planes could travel across the Poland airspace on its wat back to US or on its way to enemy area...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

Don't think so. It's a bit out of the way for a mission flight to overfly it I think.

There were extraordinary rendition flights flown in and out Poland, if memory serves, though. And I think AWACS started flying over Poland last year, as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I could say that AWACS was flying from time to time to Cracow even in 2012. I have some pics.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeedFanatic
Did any USAF Stealth planes ever fly over Poland while took part in some conflicts like Iraqi Freedom etc. ? I mean if there ever was a route over Poland for USAF planes during some conflicts in Iraq or Afganistan? The planes could travel across the Poland airspace on its wat back to US or on its way to enemy area...

Actually alot of air force jets flew through Poland all the time on their way to and from Kyrgyzstan. We would fly out of England, go through Poland and Romania, before heading east towards Kyrgyzstan. Ducking under Russian territory and over Iranian. As for the stealth bombers on their 36 hour flights, Im pretty sure that they flew the same routing as we did to kyrgyzstan. Iran is a big ass country to avoid flying through.

Here's our usual routing to bishkek:

edit on 14-2-2015 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

Great post, Boomer!
Did you personally ever fly on the route that you selected on the pic?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

more times than i can count

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Awesome post!

Under International Law, does that allow the enemy to legally attack Poland or where ever is being flown over [ignoring International Waters Airspace].

[Star for you and S&F for the OP'er!]

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SmartsAreInfectious

Good question!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Wow Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Armenia are pretty important ehhh... Damn I see why having a west facing turkey is so important no too.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmartsAreInfectious

Awesome post!

Under International Law, does that allow the enemy to legally attack Poland or where ever is being flown over [ignoring International Waters Airspace].

[Star for you and S&F for the OP'er!]

i have no idea how that works.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SmartsAreInfectious

Yes. But only after an initial attack. They couldn't go after an aircraft that they think is going to attack. But if they were able to track it on the outbound leg, they could go after it.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Their not stealth but their pretty cool anyway:

theaviationist.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I gotta wonder though......

Did the two that diverted to Amsterdam really break? Or were they making a side trip?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Sammamishman

I gotta wonder though......

Did the two that diverted to Amsterdam really break? Or were they making a side trip?

The would probably not have landed at a civilian airport like Amsterdam Schiphol if that were the case.
Still cool as hell to have them flying in the neighborhood again

top topics

join