It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bought Russian Sunflower oil, I see why US wants them destroyed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I can relate to this completely. I am a yorkshireman living in the U.S. again (been here on and off for years) and the food is the number one problem for me and my family. I hear every day, and on pretty much every T.V. show and movie about "Bad British Food" which I cannot believe when it comes from Americans whose food is some of the worst I've eaten anywhere in the world. It's not the Americans fault, they are raised to believe everything here is automatically better than everywhere else because of the simple fact that it is American. They have these stereotypes of other countries which keeps this belief firm. I get stomach issues after every restaurant meal, especially with beef for some reason. I do not get this elsewhere.

Personally, I cannot find any decent bread here without tons of sugar or high fructose corn syrup in it. I dream of a slice of warburtons toast. I can't find decent bacon that isn't 95% fat, or beef that isn't a strange color or texture and twice as much as in Europe. I don't want to moan but I really wish people here could see the natural produce and wonderful meats we have in the U.K. and then formulate their own opinion without spouting to me how bad the British food is without ever actually have been there.

It is so bad, my kids actually asked to go back to England and we are packing up and going home. The first thing my 6 year old said is he wants some fish and chips and my wife wants a bacon butty. Its strange what you miss. Should be back in Blighty in April!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well, the American wheat must be good, since the pioneers out through many Western states, got their seeds from Russia because it was so prolific and hardy. I think it was the Germans who brought that kind in.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DARKJEDIG

I use a bread machine, and at least to a certain extent, it allows me to control what I put into my bread. (I had an accident and cant kneed anymore).
Bread Machines are like $5 at every garage sale around here, because it was a fad a few years ago. I think Husbands bought them as x-mas gifts hoping their wives would make them bread. lol

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
try some of the other product they carry. WARNING tears my flow over deliciousness.
seriously how can a people be this bad when their food products have that much quailty to them.

Also... Screw American factory made food! (i swear its not really food)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
yes i agree but it is what they do with it is the problem ,and British bread is no better , the chemical's that it is loaded with
makes it last nearly as long as a mcdonalds bun , in my experience the best bread that i have ever had is German and that is because like their beer no added chemicals are allowed to be used .

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I read somewhere that by the time most of our products are on the shelves, they are already old, and have lost a high percentage of flavor.

Coffee, for example. Even when we think we are getting fresh beans to grind ourselves, we are getting a bean that has picked for months. By the time it gets to the shelves, it's months old. Much of the time we don't even know what a fresh product tastes like, unless we grow it ourselves.

Not to minimize what all the processing and preservatives do to the flavor too. It's disgusting to think about. All we really taste in our food is sodium. ugh.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: PizzaAnyday505

I would say you should keep on buying the good sunflower oil which you are able to buy on the free market.
edit on 14-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It's mostly this country that has the corrupted products. Consumerism can really mess up things. That oil you have may trigger the ragweed allergy in some people, just so you know. Even refined sunflower oil can have some of those properties, but much less so.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: PizzaAnyday505

I think what you have discovered is cold pressed oil my friend. If oil is not cold pressed everything you describe is not present. That is why you have hundreds of dollar bottles of oil and a couple bucks bottles...thanks to the different elaboration processes. Some are very complex and very expensive.

I dont see the Russian angle. There is an effort to undermine the marketability of a product that every country can produce?

Many countries and private entities do for all sorts of commodities. Sunflower oil is just not as marketable as other oils for many reasons, but those are irrelevant.

Really. I dont see the advantage in controlling the sunflower oil market.

edit on 2 14 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I am living in Moldova, a former Soviet Republic between Ukraine and Romania. It is like living in a big natural food store. They grow a lot of Sunflower here and the oil is great. In the states, you buy lunchmeat and you end up with a mouth full of salt. Not so here, real meat and not loaded with fillers and preservatives. The soft drinks, even Coca Cola is made with real sugar. No corn syrup in anything. I was in the states for about 5 months in late 2013 to 2014 and gained about 18 pounds. Came back to Moldova and ate normally and dropped the weight with no real effort. I have arrived at the conclusion that unless you are 100% organic vegetarian it is impossible to live in the states and not get fat. Every time I go back there I am shocked at the width of the posteriors I see everywhere, just disgusting.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Really. I dont see the advantage in controlling the sunflower oil market.

But you might if you were Russian. Remember the climate there. Sunflowers are one of their primary exports.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

but you say there are other forces trying to devalue or misrepresent sunflower oil so as to influence prospective sales in the states. Does Russia control the sunflower oil market? Is that really a goal Russia is geared towards in a meaningful measure? Is the US market for sunflower oil a corner stone to Russian sunflower oil market dominance?

also,

You can eat mcdonalds all over the planet. You can eat mexican junk food, japanese treats, european gummy candies, and what ever else is around. I see fat people everywhere on earth that there is not famine.

edit on 2 14 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

but you say there are other forces trying to devalue or misrepresent sunflower oil so as to influence prospective sales in the states.

I don't think I said that. So....

Does Russia control the sunflower oil market? Is that really a goal Russia is geared towards in a meaningful measure? Is the US market for sunflower oil a corner stone to Russian sunflower oil market dominance

Maybe. I know there is economic trouble there now, and they need money, and like I said, it is one of their primary exports, so it's important to them.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
Big business in America allows corporations to take advantage of people, through deceptive advertising. I bet the oil from America is diluted with something and allowed by law or regulations, to be misrepresented by the labeling.

Or, the oil is GMO......I'd better money all the US corn oil is GMO, for example.

<< 1   >>

join