It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abandoned farmhouse in Welsh countryside found frozen in time

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
That is a wonderful little cottage and absolutely beautiful landscape. I would love to relocate to the UK at some point in my life.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tom.farnhill
a reply to: Tangerine

ok i took another look at the photos , i did not see any rot what i did see was dead flies on the window bottom sash or the remains of a spiders dinner , the absence of heavy dust is easy to explain away , if you was about to take a photo of objects that had heavy dust on them i am sure you would simply waft a card or news paper over it first so as to get a clearer photo
photographers are not forensic scientists all they want is a good picture.

i am not trying to be pedantic but if you look again and with regards as to what i have said , i think you will see that i am making sense.

Apparently, you didn't see the photo of the rooms with the piano/organ and the room with the jars, etc. on shelves.
edit on 12-2-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
Not disputing that it might be faked (heck, how should I know?) but why would anyone go to the trouble...for the sake of a so-so news item?

Any of you actually been to Wales?

Abandoned buildings in pretty good nick aren't exactly unique.

Uh..to sell the photos.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Farmhouse found frozen in time

Has it thawed now, and is it moving in time again? How would you otherwise be able to visit it? I mean, something that's frozen in time, is obviously not moving with the time, and thus couldn't even be accessed, because it would look as if disppears instantly the time starts moving around the house itself.

I was expecting some kind of ominous, fuzzy area standing in air, and the image of a frozen house somehow holographically appearing and then disappearing, when looked at through some kind of time-inspectory device.

Then I realized, ah, this was the planet Terra, where things are exaggerated and nothing is reported exactly as it is, but in as glorified and lying way possible, to make it look more exciting and interesting so more papers and news items would be sold.

So of course, it's .. just a house. Nothing more. So there are some old objects inside the house. What's so mysterious about this? Some people lived there, then they died, and no one has lived there ever since.

Did this house suddenly appear into an empty field? Did no one ever see this house before modern times? No. It's just an old house that no one ever thought to investigate this way until now. What do they hope to find? There's nothing mysterious about this, and I don't think a story like this belongs to ATS. (Then again, I think most of ATS's content doesn't belong to a conspiracy / mystery site. The 'extraordinary' things, like UFOs or time machines or ghosts, sure - but an ordinary house? What?)

So the house was never frozen, especially "in time", it's just an exaggerated lie to get people to think there's something interesting about some old building and objects from the fifties.

Next thing you know, those items will be auctioned to the highest bidder, after some snake-oil-salespeople hype them some more.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

We should start a ATS commune.
Lol

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

i saw no photo's of an organ in the pictures posted here

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina
your command of English seems to quite good going by your post, but your grasp of English phrases does need work.

Frozen in time means it has stayed the same since the property was abandoned , it has nothing to do with time slips or anything like that and no ice was involved, maybe it should have said the house was locked in time but i think you would have had trouble with that also .

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
a reply to: DjembeJedi

This looks like a set designer has been at work on a film. I don't find it credible. Too stagey.

The Set Decorator, more specifically.

I am one, but I'm not so sure we're looking at the work of one.

Those corroded scissors look like they may have been there a while.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
a reply to: DISRAELI

If the content has been re-arranged, for photography purposes, that doesn't stop it from being genuine content.

I know it's just personal taste, but i disagree. i rather see pictures that might not look esthetically as pleasing but do represent reality for what it is, i rather see an honest representation than i stylistic one, especially if we are talking about a building or something like that, but again, just my personal preference.

HUH?

This isn't a crime scene.

There aren't any rules.

If someone moved stuff around, so be it.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
"Collections" of pocket watches and reading glasses?

or

"Trophies" from murdered victims who wandered a little too far away off the well-beaten path of civilization...? I bet there are bodies buried all over the place. Possibly 100 or more...

Nah, but wouldn't that be crazy though?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

Dan Circa is a "urban explorer" these are guys that go looking for old buildings and break in to explore them. They dont damage or steal or spray tags. British explorers post there pics on 28dayslater.com website and theres PRIDE at stake for best finds and cleanest visits.

DC (assumed name) sold the pics to "hot spot medai" and they push storys out to media outlets and pay dividends from sales. DC will get good $$ for his pics and story.

Yah the guy might of pimped out the pics to look better and gives a sh/t???

Windows looks unbroke and roof still tight. Ceilings fading under damp and dropping bits and dust on floors and furniture. Flloring is old linoleum and perishing away to dirt. Watches made of stainless steel show nearly no rust. Other metal items all crusted with rust. Outside gutters overgrown with weeds and gable end facia looking just fine. Bakelite switches and exterenal wiring is pre60s. Birds nest on top ointment shelf says theres a hole in a window somewhere letting in damp and air. No fungus or lichen or moss says the hole is small. $20 says the house is sheltered from worst weather

He seems to have served in the navy, probably during World War II, as there was a navy belt buckle and a few photos of warships and navy personnel - unfortunately they were a bit too far gone to photograph! Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ft-hanging-up.html#ixzz3RkyPef6E Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BULLSH/T!!! "Too far gone" is INVISIBLE!!? GTFO!! If homey can SEE the pics a GD camera can photograph them. Why lie brother???

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The sepia tone portrait of the Husband and Wife has some pretty realistic embellishment.

Very few film Designers, Decorators, Dressers or F/X men go to the extent of adding animal spoor.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

i am sorry mr tangerine , i have been pouring over the photos and yes i do see the organ but i was more interested in the building ie the walls and such . i still do not see any rot or serious decay in any of these photos , i do see condensation mold on some of the walls though but that would be expected if the building was unoccupied for so long .

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

On the contrary, that is a violation of journalistic ethics. It was presented as being photographed as it was found and it wasn't.

You mean except for the part where they said the watches were in a chest? They were obviously removed and photographed. I saw nowhere where they said everything was untouched and nothing was altered for the photos. And who honestly cares if they shifted a few things around? It's a crime scene.. just an old house that seems oddly abandoned.

It's amazing to me, how quickly people on this site flock to the "obviously fake" argument when they haven't even bothered to read the original article, or perform anything than an extremely vague and cursory glance at photos.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join