It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Art under your skin...a new microscopic look at the human condition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
From Popular Science
The Daily Beast

Body image these days is all about celebrating what's inside as much as what's on the outside. A new book from Batsford Publishing, Science is Beautiful by Colin Salter, takes us even deeper, placing the human body, as well as the diseases and medicines that affect it, under the microscope. The truly magnificent images are a reminder of the storied intersection between science and art, and of nature's endless ability to create sublime beauty in the most obscure

Melatonin Crystals:
Melatonin is a hormone made in the brain that helps you fall asleep. It’s often taken in pill form as well to give the body an extra push toward rest.

Tumor Blood Vessels:
Tumors, uncontrolled tissue growths, come complete with their own sets of blood vessels. These blood vessels found in intestinal tumors are formed irregularly, rather than the uniform fashion of normal intestinal blood vessels

Serotonin Crystals:
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter found mainly in the digestive system. It does a lot for the body: It regulates mood, sleep, and appetite, helps with clotting, and aids the learning process.

Its amazing how colorful we are. I almost get the feeling of Oceanic photography with some of these.
I think this is a brilliant a beautiful idea for a book.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

These are beautiful! I'm going to start dissecting myself and imaging what I find. There must be some crazy cool things in the eye's, I will start there

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: iDope
a reply to: DjembeJedi

These are beautiful! I'm going to start dissecting myself and imaging what I find. There must be some crazy cool things in the eye's, I will start there

HA! Sounds good. Pics or it didn't happen..lol

join