It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Employee relieves himself in San Francisco reservoir...say what!?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You can't catch anything from the guy's urine, as long as he doesn't have a bladder infection. Then any blood-transmitted disease can be transmitted with it. We don't know the state of the guy's health.

IMO it's the principal of the thing - he's a water treatment worker and he shouldn't be contaminating the water, no matter if it's going to be treated anyway. He should be fired.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I can see where folks are gonna get upset, but really, what's the big deal? 1 person pees in the water, they freak out, but what about all the urine and feces from wild animals that get washed in? The water is treated before it gets to anyone and I'd be more concerned about what they're putting in the water during treatment than a guy peeing in it.

Exactly this. Big flippin' deal.

We are men. We were made to urinate outdoors, standing up, wind in our hair. The whole flippin' world is becoming so utterly domesticated and afraid of everything that it's just sad.

Dude peed outside, on a dry lakebed. If people knew half of the crap that was in their public water they wouldn't be drinking it anyway.

Worse part is this guy peed in a reservoir and the public will crucify him for it. Meanwhile, John Q Politician just peed all over your entire life, and he gets a pass. Sad, mixed up world we live in.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I doubt if that will hurt anyone. You have to wonder if a person who is in that job should be getting a hundred eleven thousand bucks a year when he is not very smart though. I wouldn't do that and I don't even have a degree in that field. It is a more of a matter of socially acceptable behavior. A person working a job like that should not pee in the reservoir.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I doubt if that will hurt anyone. You have to wonder if a person who is in that job should be getting a hundred eleven thousand bucks a year when he is not very smart though. I wouldn't do that and I don't even have a degree in that field. It is a more of a matter of socially acceptable behavior. A person working a job like that should not pee in the reservoir.

Thats exactly my point!
Thanks for the backup on this one..lol

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The dumbest thing in this story is whoever dumped 38,000,000 gallons of water because of a little pee.

Pee is sterile, flouride is poisonous. Flouride is allowed up to 4ppm by the EPA. Even if the kid took a 10gallon piss, it's going to be .000000263 ppm.

Run it through the UV one more time if you must.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
The dumbest thing in this story is whoever dumped 38,000,000 gallons of water because of a little pee.

Pee is sterile, flouride is poisonous. Flouride is allowed up to 4ppm by the EPA. Even if the kid took a 10gallon piss, it's going to be .000000263 ppm.

I added that story just to further the Idea of how dumb this really all is. The DUMBEST part is the person doing the pissing...and even better the over reactions of City officials in response.. But your spot on its not a problem for us health wise ..Its just the flippin $111,000 principle of it all..and secondly the other story was just A whole lotta Shiz from a kid takin a wiz.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

San Francisco isn't the only city that's had to deal with this. Last April, Portland, Oregon, was forced to dump 38 million gallons of water from a reservoir after a teen urinated in it. A security camera captured the 19-year-old, with the help of two friends, climbing a fence surrounding the reservoir and, ahem, taking care of business.

So he urinated say 200 mls of urine and they wasted 38 million gallons. Sorry, for non metric people 200 mls of urine equate to approx 39 million gallons of urine in Imperial.

What world am I living on?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

Obviously, it is even more of a problem because not only do they have to dump all of the water but, every citizen must be stripped and given enemas to determine the extent of the suffering caused by this life threatening crime.

Nay, perhaps we should just nuke the site from orbit, I heard somewhere that it is the only way to be sure, probably university.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DjembeJedi

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

I added that story just to further the Idea of how dumb this really all is. The DUMBEST part is the person doing the pissing...and even better the over reactions of City officials in response.. But your spot on its not a problem for us health wise ..Its just the flippin $111,000 principle of it all..and secondly the other story was just A whole lotta Shiz from a kid takin a wiz.

A whopping stack of overtime cabbage for the union, who pissed in that again?

Probably no connection, move along.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I grew up fishing in the Niagara river, spent many, many long days drifting down the river. I have lost count of the number of times I relieved myself in the river. It is the primary water source for MANY municipalities.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Guten Morgen- Heck, I'd let Mr. Sanchez pee on My chest for $100k! No video or "Selfies" is My only stipulation...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join