It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Jeffires view on gun control in America.... Discuss.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Honestly anyone that gets upset over what a comedian says has some major insecurity issues.

British/Australian comedians are not coming for your gunz

Relax

Just laugh and move on.

Jeff even points these sados out 7 min 30 secs in

edit on 10-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Honestly anyone that gets upset over what a comedian says has some major insecurity issues.

British comedians are not coming for your gunz

Relax

Just laugh and move on.

Then again... anyone that uses a comedian's schtick (and a lame act at that) as their argument for gun control.....

I'll just move on, he isn't that funny.

Monty Python? Now that's funny.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yes but these days, celebrities are clearly the smartest people in the room. Just look at Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert and Russell Brand if you need any further evidence of that.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: butcherguy

Yes but these days, celebrities are clearly the smartest people in the room. Just look at Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert and Russell Brand if you need any further evidence of that.

With the press that they get.... some might start to think so.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: infinityorder

How do I give anti-stars?

Because that was a major bigotted answer of yours!
Be happy that you live in a country where everyone needs weapons because everyone has weapons - this is not the same in other countries, thankfully.

Hilarious coming from a person from Germany.Get in the cattle car,now!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

I know the US education system is bad....

But

You do know world war 2 ended 70 years ago right? We won and NAZI Germany is long long long gone.
edit on 10-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

But

You do know world war 2 ended 70 years ago right? We won and NAZI Germany is long long long gone.

But history repeats right?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

True but no reason to bring up WW2 every time a German speaks

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
He is an extremely crude but hilarious comedian, i love is comedy style.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

German got stuck with WW1 and WW2
Japan got WW2 and tiny cars
US got crazies and gun-nuts
Brit's got Bad cooking and poking fun at other nations
French for fancy cooking and giving up

Every nation has a couple labels on them that really has very little baring on what they people that live there are really like. Most of us just rolls our eyes at it.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

LOL through out. Funny guy. I fall in that 20 % who can laugh at themselves.

Though I own no guns I am 100 % pro gun and I do not want the 2nd amendment messed with.

Anti-gun folks can debate all you want. It is my Constitutional Right to own firearms if I wish, period.
edit on 2/10/2015 by dezertdog because: spelling

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Sunwolf

True but no reason to bring up WW2 every time a German speaks

c'mon, crazyewok....there are still re-enactments of the civil war every year, and that's what, 150 odd years ago! they still call northerners "Yankees".......WW2 will be brought up for a couple of centuries from now

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

There is no discussion on this subject. I can perfectly understand most Americans view on their 2nd Amendment, so let's not pretend there is any discussion to be had
edit on 10-2-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I've had people in Canada bring up war of 1820 a lot when they find out I'm from the US.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

But

Yet hitlers gun laws live on in the GCA. His most insidious and lasting legacy. Of many.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst
. His most insidious and lasting legacy. Of many.

I would kinda call his massacre of 6 million+ jews, gypsies, gays, Disabled, Jehovah witnesses and others his most insidious and lasting legacy.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There is nothing to discuss.......

Do not interfere with the second amendment and we will be happy

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Gun control would work except it's not really gun control but rather gun redistribution.

I see no indication that any of the individuals in government, police, or military have a morally superior position to state that they have the right to use guns yet others don't.

It is an invisible line that does not exist and I am not interesting in pretending it does. Gun control does not equal gun elimination. It simply equals guns in the hands of someone other than me.

In the end I trust myself more than I trust politicians, military, and police.

My understanding is that in other parts of the world the citizens view themselves as children at times that need their parent(people working in the government) to decide what's best. They believe that these other individuals in government positions are morally superior and are more righteous because they hold the title of whatever it is that they hold.

That's my understanding.

Unfortunately I do not agree with that position and find it silly and wrong. If you pay attention to current events and the goings on you will see that those who work for various government bodies(states) cause the most death and destruction worldwide.

I believe all people are just as likely to be good or bad. For that reason I do not believe that those in government have the right to tell others who happen not to belong in government not to have guns.

Now if you want to create a magic wand and zap away all guns from all people, including military and police then by all means.

Until then.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Yep, and it's my understanding that my ancestors wound up here in the US because they disagreed with that idea about those in government you mentioned.

I have no quarrel with people who like living like that. It's their prerogative, and lucky for them there are so many flavors of place where the paternal governments are more than happy to give them various flavors of guidance.

It's just too bad that there are so many people here who want that kind of life and don't just move to one of those places, but insist that we need to be like that here.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well you can't just move. We are all for the most part, stuck in our respective "zone" of government "guidance".

Unless you have money to move and start over in another country.

I certainly don't and I'm sure there are many out there in same situation. Plus, many people couldn't even if they wanted to because of being denied passports etc.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join