It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Protest at Downing Street

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I must say I don't hate easily but I hate Islam with a passion. I hate their ideology and the fact that nobody dare say anything against this backward, barbaric, clandestine evil. From child prostitution to Halal slaughter on British soil. It makes my blood boil. It is and always has been a religion of hate and intolerance. They pretend they are peaceful and against the killing done in the name of Allah but in secret you know that's not true. They simply cherry pick the bits of the Quran that best help them infiltrate civilized, western society. The world needs to be rid of this evil and not be tolerant of it.

link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I say mock what ever religion you wish. After all poking fun at religion generally poses questions pertaining to such, which is never a bad thing in my opinion.

Also any religion or religious belief system that cannot stand a little bit of banter is obviously not worth worshipping in the first place. One would imagine God or the Gods half got to have a sense of humour considering their apparent hand in our creation.

link   

originally posted by: RayVon

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: RayVon

Yeah, I despair provocative, hate-mongering insults masquerading as freedom of speech...

Tomayto Tomarto!

It was not part of their blood,
It came to them very late
With long arrears to make good,
When the English began to hate.

They were not easily moved,
They were icy-willing to wait
Till every count should be proved,
Ere the English began to hate.

Their voices were even and low,
Their eyes were level and straight.
There was neither sign nor show,

It was not preached to the crowd,
It was not taught by the State.
No man spoke it aloud,

It was not suddenly bred,
It will not swiftly abate,
Through the chill years ahead,
When Time shall count from the date
That the English began to hate.

The Beginnings

Mary Postgate.

That day.

I don't know what you mean,
Maybe, elaborate
They're lines I can't read between,
What has England begun to hate?

Me.

What day?

link   

The cartoons – which led to the brutal massacre at the French magazine Charlie Hebdo – were described by the group as a “violation of Islamic law”.

That's the problem right there.
Someone should explain to those protesters that "Islamic law" is legally irrelevant in european nations.
They clearly don't know...
edit on 9-2-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yeah I agree I mean to accept self mockery is a very British thing.
We all do it very well thats why we are the best

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RayVon

Yeah, I despair provocative, hate-mongering insults masquerading as freedom of speech...

Tomayto Tomarto!

That day.

I don't know what you mean,
Maybe, elaborate
They're lines I can't read between,
What has England begun to hate?

Me.

What day?

You can use Google right!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
BTW it doesn't look like 10 hundred let alone 10,000.

It is insulting to some of them and they have a right to voice that they find it insulting. The fact that they are probably less than 0.1% of the voting populace I don't think we are being overrun just yet.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

They pretend they are peaceful and against the killing done in the name of Allah but in secret you know that's not true.

Sure.

You must be all knowing.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Tomayto Tomarto!

Ah, so freedom of speech so long as it does not offend YOU.

You don't like a person's right to "hate-mongering insults", yet you enjoy and support the suppression of women and their right to be considered as equal to men, as well as support the hanging and execution of homosexuals. Got it.

link   

You can answer a question without being vague right!!!

link   
Satirising religion and authority is a vital part of free speech.

If we pander to religious sensibilities then we may as well rewind to the 14th century in England. Muslims need to adjust to the norms of their host country.

On the plus side. This demo did not end up with churches being trashed and people executed as happened elsewhere!

Independent article of Islamic tolerence

Regards
edit on 9/2/2015 by paraphi because: Fixed link

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hendrick99

Ok, enlighten me...

Where did I say I support any of that?

Nowhere? You made it up? To deflect from the topic?
Got it!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
It's covered in most of the media. The BBC will catch up.

The Guardian has a good photo... Really dissapointed that there were no women at the protest from what can be seen. I'll start taking Muslim opinion seriously when they sort out women rights.

www.theguardian.com...

Regards

I like the sign in the pic you posted "Insult my mum and I will punch you" LMAO. I can relate to that. Who didn't threaten someone's life in the 6th grade for insults towards their mother. Whatjew say about my mamma?

And yes Muslims need better womens rights. Its wrong that I can't figure out Muslim women's cup size or know what style of panties she likes when they are so over dressed. We need to get those Muslim women on the couch watching vampire flicks STAT. And if they are not showing me a camel toe while holding a yoga mat then I have to assume it could be a bomb.

Those brain washed Muslim women... What's wrong with them?
edit on 9-2-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The person in question is notorious, and ever-present, ever-ready with some line of BS.

Free speech is wasted on many in the Muslim world. Not only is the system unusually cruel, generally punitive & ultimately destructive, but even if you want to get out, your options are limited (unless you manage to become a doctor and choose an independent, secular lifestyle, for example). For many within the communities, there are no such options, and they are just as scared as anyone else, with regards the system they find themselves a part of.

God defend us from the scourge. May all who desire change find a path guarded by angels & spooks.

(post by Fermy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

"The same could be said about not all muslims "agree" with the mass killings around the world, but we all know they do,otherwise these guys would be holding banners saying WE DON'T SUPPORT ISIS etc, and TRYING something to prevent young boys from going over there.....BUT they don't"

A lot of those Muslim nations around the world don't exactly enjoy the same level regarding freedom of expression and speech as we do. Thats a simple fact.

Just because people choose not to show their discontent does not mean that they in anyway agree with the mass murder and religious xenophobia perpetrated by a minority group aka ISIS and there like.

As to doing something about young Muslims from our own nation going over there to fight for ether side i could not agree more. They should be stopped and/or discouraged from doing so. And anyone found to be actively participating should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, should they ever return to the U.K.
edit on 9-2-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Hendrick99

You don't like a person's right to "hate-mongering insults", yet you enjoy and support the suppression of women and their right to be considered as equal to men, as well as support the hanging and execution of homosexuals. Got it.

That sounds more like Hindus in India. They supply us with cheap engineers and call centres, so they get a pass. Right?

link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Yep, ad hominem...

Tell me what is "BS" about asking a question in reference to a statement that was very, very, very vague?

link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

To be fair CharlieSpears, Churchill was worth about seven million David Sodding Camerons, whether drunk or not. Hell, he could have been shot full of opiates and left in a pool of his own bodily leavings, and still have more genuine dignity and raw balls than our current political elite.

He was a legend, and thats just how it is.

However, the issue here is that British law, which in this country takes priority over EVERY other consideration, allows that people have the freedom to create art, social commentary, and express their freedom of speech, even if it causes offence. As long as it does not break British law, the speech is protected. Since there are defences for the Law in this country, against its being altered one iota to make any group of people and their beliefs, more protected than anyone else, this is unlikely to change for the benefit of those protesting, at any time soon.

If that DID at any point change, I would probably take my leave of living as part of the community in this country, and take to the woods, hills, or mountains over in Wales. Any change in the law to prevent the sort of speech being protested against, would render this country utterly alien to me, and furthermore would make it a much less desirable place to live. There must be real equality, and that means everyone being exactly as annoyed as everyone else!

Equality does NOT mean that one set of people are protected from whatever offends them, and the rest of us are not. I find all manner of things offensive, my government, some of my fellow countrymen, and to be absolutely frank, all forms of hate and xenophobia. However, I expect nothing to happen, unless those who offend me have actually broken the law, and if they have not, I have an equal right to simply be offended, and wear it, as does every Christian, Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, and Atheist in the land.

I believe this is better than living in a country in which uttering a reasonable criticism, or rendering a charicature is considered somehow criminal in aspect however.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

All over the place you drop quite obvious comments actually - though you have a particularly careful approach.

Deceive people by claiming that Islam is totally innocuous. Hmmm... Any casual search proves that it is the most bloodthirsty, warlike, aggressive, non-progressive, most anti-human rights, most destructive system for world domination that ever crossed the mind of a lunatic who was confused about whether an angel or demon was talking to him..

The public face is forced to placate the masses, but they aren't stupid - as much as I hate some of them, there are many who understand precisely what drives Islam, and it's impact if allowed to spread unfettered.

I accept that this post will probably be removed for a manners violation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join