It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health officials confirm first case of measles in GA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

lind to ATS thread

Yikes, that's my thread, and I assure you I am no pharma shill! Just seriously concerned that 60% of the cases are adults and zip about that, while pressure all over people to vaccinate children.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Great...I live in GA and have 3 kids under 9. All are up to date, but from what I have read in the reports, even kids with the vaccine are getting it.

This year has, so far, been riddled with crazy amounts of sick in the family. Luckily it has pretty much avoided me, though I attribute that to heavy drinking after 6pm....

Had everything from crazy ear infections to stomach bugs to bronchitis to flu-like bugs, etc.....tired of it all....and do not want to add measles to that grouping.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Viruses mutate and vaccines might become ineffective. Batches of vaccines may have been ineffective.

After watching the insanity about this in recent weeks, about all I'm going to say is there's a coverup involved here somewhere, and a search for a scapegoat. And the anti-vaxers appear to be that scapegoat.

Measles are not comfy but unless they've mutated into some deadly strain, they're probably not going to kill anyone, and certainly not more people than the vaccines kill.
edit on 2/9/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Bedlam

a reply to: new_here

Well I may be nursing a mild case of it here where I'm at.

Did he have any sort of virus in the last few days? Cough? Sniffles? Run a fever off and on? Tummy ache?

Sent home with a fever of 102 on Wednesday afternoon also cough and runny nose ever since started breaking out on Saturday.

Well, the reason I ask is that it's pretty common for a kiddo to get a fairly innocuous virus, basically get over the worst of it, then break out.

They call it 'viral exanthem', or 'viral rash'. It's almost like an allergic reaction to the virus breakdown particles. As they get older, they don't do that so much anymore.

It can look a lot like measles.

Spots in the palms of the hands or soles of the feet? Any inside the mouth?

eta: or really pink cheeks?
edit on 9-2-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I agree with you! Something just doesn't sit right with me about this whole thing.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
Source

The infant arrived in Atlanta from outside of the U.S. and is being cared for at Egleston at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.

It irks me that these news stories do NOT give enough info. Did the child fly into Atlanta? If so, when and what area of the airport? People who may have been exposed need to know these things! People on the flight need to know. This is, of course, assuming the child arrived at Atlanta via an airplane. Like I said, not enough info!

Will post more as info comes in.

1) Thanks for the information; and
2) You and my wife must be kindred spirits. She periodically jumps out her chair and rants at the crummy reporting on the TV. Honestly, the lack of professionalism is appalling. Even back in the day when they had real reporters covering stories and phoning them into the Gotham Daily, they knew enough to get the basics, "who, what, when, where, and how". Sadly, those days appear to be long behind us.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

"who, what, when, where, and how". Sadly, those days appear to be long behind us.

Indeed! And your wife... I like her!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Why is it that the US government is in such a rush to have children enoculated against this so called measle out break? the measles were to have been eradicated decases ago, and then why have we been made to believe that all of a sudden the measles are back? it is just like the so called conspiricy theorist said, the government is planning to infect us with some kind of innoculation to kill and to destroy us this is why there have been so many diseases coming out lately such as ebola now you don't hear much about it but early on there was such a scare tactic to get shots against ebola. Since that did not work, now here is the measles again, to scare parents into getting the shots, so far the parents have been smart and refusing to get their children these shots, so now the government, local and federal are having these big debates on the reasons you should get your children shots. right now it is just debate, but soon it will be a mandatory law to get your kids these shots. The government want to kill, lane, disable your children so badly, that they are willing to send you to jail to get your kids these unnecessary shots. Yes I believe that the monsters that are running our country want to destroy us any way that they can get away with, so when the government start to pass the laws to force you to get your kid shots it is time to march on washington, because they will pass these laws, because they were not counting on people being resistant to getting their kid these shots, which I believe are deadly. We are no longer dealing with a rational government but a rouge government that don't give a care about what we the people want in fact they want to see you dead, Why ?because of the New World Order.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carolenej1

I think you are thinking of smallpox which has been eradicated except for samples kept in certain laboratories.

And as for measles, they thought about declaring them eradicated in the US for a time in the early 1990s but never officially did so because they were still so common in other countries.

There is no ebola shot. Never was although there are a couple of vaccine showing promise in trials.

Vaccines are not deadly. If they were, my husband would be dead several times over as getting regular vaccines, some of them experimental, is a mandatory part of his job. It makes him a valuable blood donor though, particularly for children who are immune-compromised. He has a lot of passive immunity to confer.

As for my own kiddo, he has what look like bright red cheetah marks, but mostly just spots on the rest of his cheeks. He has spots on his hands thought not the palms, and the rash has not quite gotten to his feet. I still don't think he has measles though, and if he does, it is a very mild case. More likely he just got Rubeola late.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

As for my own kiddo, he has what look like bright red cheetah marks, but mostly just spots on the rest of his cheeks. He has spots on his hands thought not the palms, and the rash has not quite gotten to his feet. I still don't think he has measles though, and if he does, it is a very mild case. More likely he just got Rubeola late.

Sweet - my kids got fifth disease and Coxsackie when they were little, sort of looked measley

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Measles are not comfy but unless they've mutated into some deadly strain, they're probably not going to kill anyone, and certainly not more people than the vaccines kill.

You've been misinformed. According to the CDC, about one out of a thousand measles cases will probably be fatal. There were about 450 measles deaths per year in the US before 1963. There are basically no cases of an immunocompetent person being killed by the measles vaccine, and only a handful of immunodeficient persons have been killed by it. (It's not approved for use in those cases, but sometimes the condition is not diagnosed until it's too late).

Carolenj1
the measles were to have been eradicated decases ago, and then why have we been made to believe that all of a sudden the measles are back?

Measles was never eradicated. It was eliminated in the US, which means the US does not have a self-sustaining pool of measles cases. We have to import our measles from other countries. We have been made to believe that all of a sudden the measles are back because 2014 was by far the worst year this century for measles, and 2015 may well top that.
edit on 9-2-2015 by FurvusRexCaeli because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FurvusRexCaeli

You've been misinformed. According to the CDC, about one out of a thousand measles cases will probably be fatal. There were about 450 measles deaths per year in the US before 1963.

1 out of 1000 probable deaths worldwide. That estimation includes 3rd world countries without running water, etc. There hasn't been a death caused by measles in the US in over a decade, despite the outbreaks in recent years.

You are right, there were 450 measles deaths per year in the US before 1963... out of 2 - 3 million cases of measles each year. Every life is precious, so to put it into perspective, 43,000 people died from car accidents in 1963 but they didn't attempt to stop cars from traveling among us.

Just wanted to share what the CDC 'meant' to indicate.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Dont take them in public. Only home and hospital if it gets worse or changes. You absolutely can and often do get measles with the mmr vaccine. It doesnt always build up enough immunity to stop an infection and it fades over time.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Not true. There were deaths by measles in yhe US in 2009 and 2010.
Whether the cases originated in the US is unknown.

Dont trust blogs, go to the cdc. There were 2 measles death and 10 malaria deaths in the us in 2010.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Not true. There were deaths by measles in yhe US in 2009 and 2010.
Whether the cases originated in the US is unknown.

Dont trust blogs, go to the cdc. There were 2 measles death and 10 malaria deaths in the us in 2010.

What blog? I can find no data from CDC about the two measles deaths in 2010. Please post your source. The WHO chart on page 3 of this link shows no deaths in the Americas in 2010: Source

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join