It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Putin still sending 'little green men' into Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I agree with neo, it's not that it isn't a valid term, it's that its a subconscious strategy of belittling the entire country in the eyes of the American populace.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I don't want America getting involved in foreign conflicts like that of Ukraine and Russia. Let them sort their own mess out. That being said, I can't ignore the utter garbage Putin apologists here are trodding out. Really now this is suppose to be ATS for goodness sakes.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL !

So now I am a Putin apologist!

Too funny.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Except the little green men aren't mercs or contractors. They're GRU. The term has become so prevalent it even has its own Wikipedia page.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

The term was being used by Russian media before Biden or Western media ever used it. So was Russian media using it to disparage their own country?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I don't want America getting involved in foreign conflicts like that of Ukraine and Russia. Let them sort their own mess out. That being said, I can't ignore the utter garbage Putin apologists here are trodding out. Really now this is suppose to be ATS for goodness sakes.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL !

Too funny.
I had my suspicions. You dirty Putin apologist.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The term was being used by Russian media before Biden or Western media ever used it. So was Russian media using it to disparage their own country?

No, but black people can use the N word & I can't. Same concept. Whether RT calls their own soldiers that or not, it still does nothing but subconsciously sway american public opinion towards the negative.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

LOOOOOOOOOOOL !

Too funny.

Guess i have to state the obvious, but I share my contempt equally between Biden, his boss, and Putin.

But I'm an Putin apologist.

Never been called one of those. I am going to have to add it to the other list of things I get called.
edit on 6-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Except the little green men aren't mercs or contractors. They're GRU. The term has become so prevalent it even has its own Wikipedia page.

Only being in existence for a year explains it.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I don't think the american people need this government to sway them about what's happening in Ukraine. It's pretty darn apparent, Russia's involvement is pretty obvious. I find it amusing how some people are getting all up in arms that this administration has an actual position on what's happening in Ukraine. What you expect them to ignore what's happening there, not say anything? Don't be coy.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

LOOOOOOOOOOOL !

Too funny.

Guess i have to state the obvious, but I share my contempt equally between Biden, his boss, and Putin.

But I'm an Putin apologist.

Never been called one of those. I am going to have to add it to the other list of things I get called.
LOL It's alright, I've been called a shill, a libtard, a neo-con, a nazi, and probably a number of other things on here that I can't remember. Wear those accusations like badges of honor against ignorance.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Does this mean that the V series was really a documentary on our lizard overlords

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

I don't think the american people need this government to sway them about what's happening in Ukraine. It's pretty darn apparent, Russia's involvement is pretty obvious. I find it amusing how some people are getting all up in arms that this administration has an actual position on what's happening in Ukraine. What you expect them to ignore what's happening there, not say anything? Don't be coy.

I don't think I'm being coy, & I definitely don't think think anything changes between one administration & the next.

I do, however, think that the human construction of politics is a laughable representation of our service as willing slaves & to truly care about anything done by TPTB is an effort beyond futility.
edit on 6-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Why are you guys surprised he is calling them little green men??
Or did you not notice them being called this from the VERY beginning??
I swear people have zero memory these days.

July 7th 2014

When Moscow-backed troops appeared in Crimea earlier this year, the media dubbed them the "Little Green Men." Now NATO members should ask themselves how they will respond if the soldiers begin appearing in Estonia and Latvia too.

April 17th 2014

For the first time, Putin acknowledged that the well-armed soldiers in unmarked uniforms who took over Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula were Russian. He seemed annoyed, however, by the widespread description of them as "little green men"

March 11th 2014

Another phrase used by reporters in Russia and Ukraine alike is "little green men", which refers both to the colour of their uniforms and their unconfirmed origin.

edit on 6-2-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
he might be 'testing the water' for 2016, dont be surprised if he runs for the top position or vp again

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
ThatSOB is behind the war there....Its a giant resource grab.....they get the Ukrain into a scrap with Russia, then reap the resources for arms deals with the MIC of the US.....win win for Biden, plus his son is now a CEO of ukranian gas company....figure it out....its just powerful businessess who are encouraging the killing to make dollars...

Star for you, nailed it

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Lol

Biden is adorable to you

The man swears in private all the time and there is a video of him smelling the hair of little girl and trying to kiss her

As adorable as perverted old man can get

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

"Little Green Men" is what the Russian special forces that entered the Crimean peninsula were called. In this case, it was not a gaffe.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Really Joe ? Putin is sending little green men into Ukraine? I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this. Such an asinine way to describe Russian troops. Biden has made some epic mistatements in the past. Often being over looked because Biden is so loveable. Hey everyone ? Russia is sending little green men in to Ukraine! What's next ? Aliens, reptilians, and chubacabra's ?

Vice President Biden is questioning Moscow's committment to peace, accusing Russian President Vladimir Putin of sending unmarked soldiers known as "little green men" into Ukraine.

Source

Obviously I don't think Biden seriously meant little green men from mars. It's just the way it sounds. Biden gaffes are well known to most people paying attention to American politics. Hell maybe even Putin himself got a chuckle from dear ole Joe.

Biden Gaffes.

It deeply disturbs me that Biden is one heartbeat away from being the president.

I think Biden has a little green brain................the size of a pea.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Really Joe ? Putin is sending little green men into Ukraine? I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this.

Biden gaffes are well known to most people paying attention to American politics. Hell maybe even Putin himself got a chuckle from dear ole Joe.

Rather than laugh or cry...maybe read/search a little? Biden did not coin the term "Little Green Men"...

Not a Gaffe...a term used by Journalists and Citizens aware of the conflict.

You need to turn-down your freak-out meter a little IMO. Their seems to be a spate of knee-jerk "gotcha" OPs that turn out to be embarrassingly false with the slightest amount of research.

It was first used during the 2014 Crimean crisis, when said soldiers have occupied and blockaded most military bases in Crimea. Due to the green colour of their uniforms and modern weaponry local people started to call them martians too. An expert from Suomen Sotilas, a Finnish independent magazine, recognized them carrying a complete suite of equipment exclusive to Russian special forces, such as Pecheneg machine guns.

en.wikipedia.org...(GRU)

BBC..
"Little green men" or "Russian invaders"?

"Another phrase used by reporters in Russia and Ukraine alike is "little green men", which refers both to the colour of their uniforms and their unconfirmed origin. "
www.bbc.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

Why are you guys surprised he is calling them little green men??
Or did you not notice them being called this from the VERY beginning??
I swear people have zero memory these days.

The ignorance is either genuine or feigned...either way it is the same old irony of rushing to falsely call someone ignorant...due to the fact that you don't care to recognize your own or remedy the same.

I don't understand people that rush to broadcast a claim without investing at least the 60 seconds of googling required to educate oneself first about the topic you think so important that it is OP worthy.

It pollutes intelligent discussion IMO.
edit on 9-2-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join