It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does passing a law that prohibits you to fire your gun infringe your 2nd amendment?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
What they believe, is they will illegally use the military to disarm the citizens as soon as they can sneak some law past the public. What they don't think about is that the military is made up of our children, brothers, sisters etc. and the elites have no representation in the military at all. The military won't do their illegal bidding once the bullets start flying in any disarm scenario. The people will not fight with the military for the same reason, they're our kids etc. Instead when the time comes the people will come and get the elites give them a fast and proper trial and a quick hanging. Problem solved.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I find it crazy that someone can shoot their gun in their yard when they have neighbours, how do they know, nothing will go astray and injure their neighbours, never mind noise issues.
It's really selfish if nothing else, gun owning moron alert.

That is simple.

You fire into a burm. A pile of dirt.

Bullet stops.

No danger at all to anyone else.

As for the sound thing.....lol, it is legal to be audibly annoying during the day time.

I doubt anyone shooting is going to be outside all day every day just rapping off rounds.

Your thinking "shooting range" not target practice.

Besides, it is already illegal to fire weapons in densely populated areas like cities and towns.

You would THINK it's illegal to fire weapons in densely populated areas, but in Florida, it's legal. I'm a gun owner, I like to fire my guns, but I don't think popping off rounds in my subdivision is safe, even if I had a pile of dirt. Yet some of my neighbors don't care about that, and shoot sometimes magazine after magazine. I can understand how some people might find that inappropriate and want to change it. Certainly if you live out in the woods somewhere, it's OK.
edit on -06:00pmSat, 07 Feb 2015 13:44:48 -06002801442 by Parthin because: misspelling

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Does passing a law that prohibits you to fire your gun infringe your 2nd amendment?

In the case you've presented, I'm going to say no. You shouldn't have a personal gun range on your suburban property and I'm not opposed to a zoning law that would prohibit such a thing.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tmeister182
What they believe, is they will illegally use the military to disarm the citizens as soon as they can sneak some law past the public. What they don't think about is that the military is made up of our children, brothers, sisters etc. and the elites have no representation in the military at all. The military won't do their illegal bidding once the bullets start flying in any disarm scenario. The people will not fight with the military for the same reason, they're our kids etc. Instead when the time comes the people will come and get the elites give them a fast and proper trial and a quick hanging. Problem solved.

The English did not always have success pitting the Irish and Scottish against each other on the battlefield. The men and women of the military will only follow so far. And that is especially true on home soil. For the most part, it is military members who understand and own personal weapons and they arent about to act against their own interest.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Is there a link to the bill so that we can read it over in detail?

While I can see what they are trying to get at by making this bill. I can see it being used in the wrong way. I can even see it being used in the wrong way more times then in the right.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join