It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're addicted...And you're in denial.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I only watch sitcoms like the State of the Union address.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What about reading a book while you watch TV? Or doing just about any other activity while you watch TV? I've almost never been the sort to just zone out in front of the TV unless I'm really tired or really into whatever is on. Usually, I'm just not that into it.

You see for me it's the opposite, reading whilst the TV is I find hard. Maybe it's because I rarely watch it therefore it sucks me in more?

It was that feeling of not being able to turn your head away from what was going on that made me start the thread. The feeling that I can't miss what happens next, but when I turn away or turn it off I feel relief! Very odd.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Typically, TV is just on for background noise. However, there are a few shows I really enjoy, so for these, I focus on the show (and get mad at other family members who say they want to watch it, but then are on their damn phones). I think that cell phones and social media are far more dumbing down to our society.

As for the shows: The Following, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Goldbergs, Big Bang Theory, Gotham, Survivor, Blacklist are my faves. I may be forgetting a couple, but these are pretty much what I really enjoy watching.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I hear what you're say Gazrock I really do. Those shows are probably massively entertaining.

What gets me though is there is no longer a beginning, middle and end - perhaps interspaced with a bit of suspense between season one and season two. Now it's a long running schedule of episodes and seasons and even the writers admit they don't know how it's going to end (Lost). That takes everything out of it and makes it all shallow, for me at least.

I just hate it when a friend says "Have you watched Game of Thrones? You really should." So I go home and find out it's 5 series worth of 10 sets of 1 hour episodes - overkill. Overkill IMO obviously.

Bring back the days of 2 series, a beginning, middle and an end!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join