It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the x-files...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
i didn't know where else to put this, but this is media...it's on the tv. i was just wondering if any of you conspiracy theorists watch the x-files? i do and i think if anything this programme has made people want to know more, and search for the truth. it is not too disimilar to what michael moore is doing right now. he is just another 'fox mulder' whos making movies to evoke us to find the truth and to view the world from a different angle. your thoughts of x-files/michael moore and whether they are helping lead the way for the likes of us?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I really enjoyed the first few seasons of the X-files when they were originally broadcast. The show did a great job of mixing the better parts of conspiracy theory with current events.

I don't think the show was trying to present a picture of the real world, not any more than Star Trek, or the Dukes of Hazzard were. Many of the (plotline) episodes, though, were making metaphorical points. Some about the wisdom of trusting revealed authority (was Deep Throat really looking out for Mulder, or just using him to further his/its own goals), some about the true nature of the world.

After the movie, though, I lost interest. There were still some good episodes, but overall the quality seemed to leak out.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I stopped watching after Mulder left, it lost it's dignity in my eyes.

I'd rate it above the Dukes of Hazzard or Star Trek in terms of reality, as the facts they sourced and old cases they mention in regards to a particular area of paranormal study or conspiracy theory, such as project paperclip or MJ12, were ones that at the very least were real world hoaxes, if not documented events.

I'm watching the reruns on FX289 at the mo, andit was areally brilliant show...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
BIG fan of the X-Files here. Loved the whole series, all 9 seasons no matter what anyone says. Funny thing is I got hooked on the show in the 8th season when Mulder had already left. So all I knew was Scully and Dogget. It was only after the show ended that I catched the re-runs that I finally got to watch the whole thing from the begining. Anyways it was a great show and I didn't like the way they ended it so abruptly, but it is still my favorite tv show to this day. I hope Chris Carter gets his ass in gear and makes more movies. As for comparing Michael Moore to Fox Mulder........ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
As for comparing Michael Moore to Fox Mulder........ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Kind of like comparing a diamond to cheap paste, prime rib to hamburger in a plactic tube, the Mona Lisa to a 3-yr-old's crayon drawings or a fine wine to Ripple.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
one question, where did i ever compare fox mulder from the x-files to michael moore? fox mulder from the x-files main aim is to expose the government and other secret agencies. michael moore's documentarys also expose the government and secret agencies. what i said was michael moore isn't too disimilar and when i said he is just another 'fox mulder' i mean not fox mulder as in from the x-files, but fox mulder as in 'a person who would want to expose the government'
sorry if ive confused you...neways x-files is cool i love it

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I agree with many, loved the original seasons, but eventually lost my taste for it.

I do think it helped to get conspiracy theories to be a bit more mainstream though, especially with it's push of the alien agenda.

Carter made it a habit of integrating real conspiracy theories with the show's plotlines.

What I really hated was when they took a great idea like the lone gunmen, and then made it a campy tv show. What the hell were they thinking?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I am the ultimate X-files fan. Wooohoooo.

Incidently, once word that i believed in aliens and was a conspricy theorist got about school i started being called spooky and mulder.

I own all 201 episode of the x-files.

I am currently screening them in order i am up to season 1's "Lazarus".

And Gazrok i must disagree the lone gunmen kicked too.

Worlds greatest x file quote is...

MULDER: I wouldn't lie. I take part in campaigns of miss-information.

Great quote.

Or there's

DEEP THROAT: A military UFO? Mr. Mulder, why are those like yourself, who believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life on this earth, not dissuaded by all the evidence to the contrary?

MULDER: Because, all the evidence to the contrary, is not entirely dissuasive.

DEEP THROAT: Precisely

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I love the show. It had a lot of good ideas and kept them plausible for the most part. Once it got to around season 6 though, the mythology got very confusing. They gave away too many answers in the movie and tried to cover it in subsequent seasons. Then Duchovny left and it didn't feel like The X-Files anymore.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanitarium
Then Duchovny left and it didn't feel like The X-Files anymore.

True, but how great it was when he came back
I cryed with joy

I was like oh my god it's Mulder wooohoooo Mulder's back!!!

Yea man. Mulder!!!

new topics

top topics

join